Mr.Carlson Bites the Big One

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by CHICO13, Sep 23, 2003.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gordon Jump who played Arthur "Big Guy" Carlson and the Maytag Repairman in later years passed away today. He was 71. Probably best remembered for tossing live turkeys out of a helicoptor as a radio promotion gimmick, he never got into Loni Andersons pants. Vaya con Dios Big Guy....

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson
    WKRP in Cincinnati

2. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was so hoping you meant this nitwit.

[​IMG]

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    If a radio station threw him out of a helicopter as a promotion, I would listen.

I'm hoping for some disaster scenario where a plane skids of the runway and everyone makes it out but ol' Tucker gets his bowtie caught on a tray table latch and is consumed in the fireball, with 30 seconds to watch the flames approach ruing his choice of neckwear before he burns to death.

There should be a law about anyone that Preppy over the age of 11 continuing to use the name Tucker.

Back on topic, that's sad news about Gordon Jump, he was always a very funny guy.

WRIP, brother. (okay that was very bad).

That show doesn't get mentioned in the greatest comidies of all time list, but it was a damn funny show. 10 years after it went off the air, my roomate still referred to our ugly couch in college as the Herb Tarlek sofa.

[​IMG]

Also, I'd like to be Howard Hesseman's right thumb in the above photo.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Do you think Dr. Johnny Fever is sporting wood? Judging from the grin on Jennifers face, I'd say it's a probability.

5. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Les Nessman's voice: "It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

Johnny Fever: "Les? Are you there? Les isn't there. Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at 11."

Next scene -- Arthur Carlson: "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Judging by the look on his face I think he might have finished already. Love Doctor indeed.