Mr. and Mrs. Neave Fan Club

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by NYCgeezer, Jul 8, 2005.

1. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Fletcher ??!!

I see Rossi has grabbed the headlines along with A Smith in our Far East tour, so far no glowing reviews of Fletcher in midfield funny that Mmm, I predict Richardson will score a goal on the tour and shine as well, we shall see.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Re: Andrew Neave Fan Club

:rolleyes:

3. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005

:rolleyes:

Paging Billy... Paging Billy...

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

Yes they have been, so far. I never said they wouldn't, and am as big a fan of these two players as almost anybody on these boards.

So he hasn't been doing much to grab the headlines? Strange, he didn't do much headline-grabbing last season, either... but somehow the team miraculously managed to perform much better with him in it. Notice how our spell of great form started when he joined Keane/Scholes in midfield, then ended when he got injured... only to resume again when Fletcher got fit again and rejoined Keane/Scholes... only to end once more during extra time of the FA Cup Final when Giggs got put on for Fletcher, who by many accounts had given a MotM performance (only to be rivalled by Rooney & Ronaldo)? Funny little coincidence or 4... no?

Care to think of any other central midfielders who don't grab many headlines yet are pivotal members of their teams? There's a little black guy at Chelsea who has scored just one goal in 2 seasons (a rebound off a missed pnealty at that), but I don't think you would like him here since you only like players that score goals, right? I mean, it's not like football is a team sport or anything, is it?

Chomping your gums again, Andy?

Will this be before or after he is named European Player of the Year? I'm all for giving Richardson chances to prove himself, but he hasn't exactly 'shone' during this preseason either, now has he? He has been decent, but not outstanding. Now here's the difference between Richardson & Fletcher: Richardson is a flashy player - the type that should be gaining headlines if he is performing well; what Fletcher does goes under the radar for the most part.

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!

Are you really 52 years old :confused: :mad:

You should get a yellow for this.

6. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

He's just lucky we have a more leniant mod than some other boards. Not to go naming any of Chelsea board's mod's names or anything...

:D

7. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rio sucks. He's never scored for Manchester United. :rolleyes:

8. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Fletcher again !!!!!

Billy said :- Richardson is a flashy player - the type that should be gaining headlines if he is performing well; what Fletcher does goes under the radar for the most part

Yes billy its called being an ordinary player. Scoring goals is one of those flashy things that's not really important is it Oh dear !!! LOL
    And you may notice I dont name call unlike other posters.

9. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005

this makes my head hurt.

10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

Really? So you consider the likes of Makalele, Gasttuso, Mascherano, etc. to be 'ordinary'? And meanwhile you consider players that score goals to be exceptional - the likes of Luis Garcia, Andrew Johnson & Kieran Richardson? Interesting...

Erm, not for a defensive midfielder, no. Of course, you probably list Gerrard, Lampard, etc as defensive midfielders, but that's a whole other story...

He who laughs last... thinks slowest. And we've all been laughing at you for a long, long time, Andrew.

Yeah, I think most find your sheer presence to be irritating, no - insulting enough.

11. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: People find me Irratating

Well Im sorry, but I think Fergie has past his best and for this and this alone people slag me off, Your like G W Bush supporters, it dont matter what stupid and wrong things he does you must not critisise Sir Alex Ohhh no
    Some of you seem like Fergie, to like defensive midfield players, I mean didnt Chelsea prove last year with Cole and Lampard, let alone Gerrard this year, 6 goals so far and the season hasnt started!!! that the modern world class Midfield player has to score goals, Chelsea did romp away with the title didnt they last season these are facts Billy, its no good digging your head in the sand and pretending like Fergie that last season was a tempory down turn in ManUtd's fortunes http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=15783664%26method=full%26siteid=89488%26headline=football%2d%2dfergie%2d%2dvan%2dwon%2dt%2dkeep%2don%2dmissing%2d-name_page.html

Quote :- ALEX FERGUSON insists Ruud van Nistelrooy is not suffering a crisis of confidence despite the striker again drawing a blank on Manchester United's Far East tour." Nothing changed here
    I watched Chelsea play Fulham on Fox soccer channel last night and what a brilliant goal Cole scored, if a Brazilian Player had scored it everybody would be saying what a world class player he is" and you cant just ignore all the goals Lampard scored last season, again I say these are facts, I am not inventing this, I think like last season Rooney and Ronaldo will continually have to pull the rest of the team out of the mire, unless Fergie buys a new player soon
    I cant belive that he will play Rossi up front No no no!! and Richardson wont get his chance.
    My only hope is that Park turns out to be a very good buy and he can help Rooney and Ronaldo, but we shall see wont we

As I said the only thing i do wrong is disagree with Fergie, Billy you havent got an opinion, Fergies opinion is yours.
    As someone said the other day " why has it taken 5 or 6 years to sort out the ManUtd Goalkeeper position", when you look the players Fergie has bought its embarrassing, we had that Australian Goal keeper then the bald french guy and a American.

Hey and I wasnt laughing at the end of last season Billy where you ??, I mean we should have won the FA cup but we could not score goals, I have been watching for some reason a lot of ManUtd re-runs from last season on Fox from March to May and the way our team could not score was tragic. But you think we should start the new season with Scholes Keane and Fletcher, the very thought depresses me :(

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NO POLITICS.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, Arsenal go unbeaten and win the title two years ago, didn't repeat that last season, I guess Wenger should go.... :rolleyes:

Chelsea spend over 200 mil and win the title, after a series of barely deserved 1-0 results, I guess we should just hand them the quad this year after such a record breaking year last season too, eh?.... :rolleyes:

Wow, two years without winning the league after the two years these two teams had, we're rebuilding our whole squad, while competing for the big trophies (winning the FA Cup once, and appearing in the final the other year - in a game we dominated), still comfortably qualifying for Europe, our youth program is enjoying success we have never seen before (even when we had kids like Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles, Butt in it), all while bringing the core age of our current squad from the early 30's down to the early 20's.... but Fergie is failing?

I swear, I can't stand people who can't see the big picture... :mad:

14. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They should become Mafiamen and go for the wins now and destruction later.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Andrew, you are such a twat... you say teams need attacking midfielders? Well, look at the last 2 teams to win the prem... Chelsea and Arsenal. Chelsea have arguably the best sit in front of the back four defensive midfielder in the world, and Arsenal had one of the worlds most respect central midfielders who is box to box in Vieira and a DM in Gilberto. Notice how poorly Arsenal did in comparison to when they had a fully fit Gilberto to protect the defence.

16. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chelsea signing new players and they won the Premiership

I dont know if you have noticed this but Chelsea walked away with the Premiership last year, and they have bought Wright Philips, look like they are going to get Essien, and they have brought back there striker from Italy, Mmm seems to be theres no doubt that this year Chelsea are going to be a better squad than last year, no doubt at all.
    I mean what ever you say about there non defensive mid field they shure as hell score lots of goals from Mid Field, I repeat Joe Cole is becoming world Class you must be blind if you cant see it, Man United have not got a Cole or a Lampard at the moment let alone a Essien no we have Scholes Keane and Fletcher ooooooh and you know no team is afraid of this line up.
    One thought is Players tend to be more willing to transfer to a team that has real ambition to win the top trophies and Chelsea certainly have this Players looking at ManUnited from overseas look at our record of signing players this year and see no ambition. Im afraid to say that Glazer looks like he has no ambition either, hell give the whole team a raise including Rio But no Fergie is straining every last drop of patience from Rio to keep his wage down, If I was a player seeing this. I wouldnt have any doubt that Manchester is not the place for me

Now Fergie is saying after a lay off from last season " Ruud van Nistelrooy is not suffering a crisis of confidence despite the striker again drawing a blank on Manchester United's Far East tour amd apparently missing simple chances, so no change there.
    If we sign no new players up to the begining of the season its going to be interesting who he picks for his first team, I mean last season he was in a quandry wether to play Giggs up front and drop either Ronaldo or Rooney, Where is Park going to play ???
    The one hope i have from last season is that, Fergie has learnt one thing that drawing a lot of matches is a recipie to lose the title, and going into the new season with this squad I can see a lot of potential drawed matches, as things stand , we shall see we shall see.

17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Chelsea signing new players and they won the Premiership

More doom and gloom is all you offer. If it's that bad...

[​IMG]

18. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chelsea signing players and they won the Premiership

I dont know if you have noticed this but Chelsea walked away with the Premiership last year, and they have bought Wright Philips, look like they are going to get Essien, and they have brought back there striker from Italy, Mmm seems to be theres no doubt that this year Chelsea are going to be a better squad than last year, no doubt at all.
    I mean what ever you say about there non defensive mid field they shure as hell score lots of goals from Mid Field, I repeat Joe Cole is becoming world Class you must be blind if you cant see it, Man United have not got a Cole or a Lampard at the moment let alone a Essien no we have Scholes Keane and Fletcher ooooooh and you know no team is afraid of this line up.

One thought is Players tend to be more willing to transfer to a team that has real ambition to win the top trophies and Chelsea certainly have this, Players looking at ManUnited from overseas look at our record of signing players this year and see no ambition. Im afraid to say that Glazer looks like he has no ambition either, hell give the whole team a raise including Rio But no Fergie is straining every last drop of patience from Rio to keep his wage down, If I was a player seeing this. I wouldnt have any doubt that Manchester is not the place for me

Now Fergie is saying after a lay off from last season " Ruud van Nistelrooy is not suffering a crisis of confidence despite the striker again drawing a blank on Manchester United's Far East tour amd apparently missing simple chances, so no change there.
    If we sign no new players up to the begining of the season its going to be interesting who he picks for his first team, I mean last season he was in a quandry wether to play Giggs up front and drop either Ronaldo or Rooney, Where is Park going to play ???
    The one hope i have from last season is that, Fergie has learnt one thing that drawing a lot of matches is a recipie to lose the title, and going into the new season with this squad I can see a lot of potential drawed matches, as things stand , we shall see we shall see.
    Ps either way I win, nothing would give me more pleasure to see Manchester United win the Premiership again.

19. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
    Re: Chelsea signing new players and they won the Premiership

Yes andrew, you are so right on this. Chelsea will probably win 23-0 every time. Why don't you go support them and leave us alone? :mad:

Cole is not world class. Hell, he isn't even a guaranteed starter for Chelsea. Sure, Fletcher is not as good as Lampard right now. But he's young and I feel he's got the potential to be better that Lampard. Oh, and I would take Fletcher over Cole any day.

Its not the ambition to win that brings players to Chelsea, its the russian mob monopoly money being thrown over there.

20. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Re: Chelsea signing players and they won the Premiership

Im not against you, but be prepared to recieve the onslaught of the week. Some will say " well go support Chelsea" others will insult you and give you negative rep. I just want you to know that Ill pray for you.

EDIT: Not to forget, people are also going to tell you, that you dont know anything about football. Just be ready, and brace yourself. God bless.

21. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005

Just die. :mad:

22. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

You guys, though he might have said some controversial things, or some flat out wrong things. Some of what he is saying in the Truth. The truth hurts sometimes..

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rubbish. His posts are nothing more than

[​IMG]

24. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's be fair. Neave was right about the following: Chelsea won the league last year, Chelsea purchased SWP, Crespo is back from Italy, Frank Lampard and Joe Cole don't play for United. It's not that facts that confuse him, just what they mean.

25. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

I really did try to read what he wrote.... But it just gave me a splitting headache...... BTW Neave just in case you missed it Fletcher had a hell of an assist yesterday and Scholes scored twice.....