Mr. and Mrs. Neave Fan Club

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by NYCgeezer, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Andrew Neave Fan Club

I hope so, he's been killing me this year in my fantasy league team...

2. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Re: My Fan Club

Thanks for clueing Andrew in Rick...... :D

I personally have decided to support FC United of Manchester in their battle to overtake Citeh as the other team in Manchester..... ;)

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If a .728 OPS ain't cuttin' it for ya, its time to Cowboy Up! :cool:

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Millar's Season Stats:

H/AB......R.....HR.....RBI.....SB.....BB.....AVG.....OBP.....SLG
    70/260..28.....4...... 32..... 0......28......269......351....377

Meh. :(

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Propose a sly trade for Richie Sexson or Lyle Overbay maybe?

I dunno, I stopped playing fantasy baseball because it was too difficult for me to cheer Jorge Posada to get a game-winning hit...

6. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    Re: An old and weird Link, I wish

Andrew, you have your own little thread now. No need to start any new ones.

8. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

[​IMG]
    Hey we shall see, no more stupid than talking up our chances of winning the Premier League in the new season, with last years Midfield and substitutes.

I mean there has to be some reason for some of the results last season, no way are we going to win diddly squat with the likes of Fletcher O'Shea and Millar in the first team I repeat who would you prefer in the United side out of Gerrard Cole Lampard or Fletcher, Mmmm makes the point dosnt it. Why should ManUtd settle for second best.

9. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

I'd prefer the Scottish captain over a filthy Scouser, not sure which Cole your talking about but Assley is a Pvssy and Joe can't even get a game in, Or Lampard who honestly ain't all that good. :D ;)

Plus Fletch has something none of the others do.......

HE'S A RED .................................

10. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City

Andrew, you light up my life. Hold me.

11. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005

:eek:

C'mon guys. Get a room!

12. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA

Now there's an image that will haunt me the rest of the day .... :eek:

13. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City

You made me think of that obnoxious guy in Office Space...remember that scene in the parking lot?

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

Well let's see now. One is 25 years old, is the captain of his team and has been playing first team football there for over half a decade - to take him away from the club would cost more than £32mn. The other is 26 years old, the substitute captain of his side and would nto be sold for any price. The third had a few months of good form after failing to come good for years on end, and is 23/24 years of age. Meanwhile Fletcher is 21, has captained his national side, and is showing more consistency than any of the 3 mentioned above did over the course of a season at that age.

Would you be so desperate to get Cole a year ago? No, everybody said he was a waste of money and unfulfilled hype & potential back then. How about Lampard from 01-02? He was no great shake then, either since he had to do a lot of stuff he doesn't excell at. Even early-days Gerrard had his troubles, and had many of his clubs' fans wanting him to leave so they could get money for transfers, burning his shirt & the likes only a few weeks ago. Meanwhile Fletcher is having to do a lot of the dirty work and still managed to shine through offensively towards the end of the season.

I think - actually, I know - I would take Fletcher as the guy to do the dirty, defensive work on this team over Cole, Lampard or Gerrard, and use the £30+mn on other players. We could probably land Ballack, Andrade and a good squaddie for that money. But to Andrew "daddy, what's a Euro" Neave, this probably makes no sense.

15. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to billyireland again.

FUCOF-FFS!! represent :cool:

16. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

So billy you would pick Fletcher for Englands midfield ahead of Cole Gerrard Beckham or Lampard ,, ( If he was English that is of coarse) well would you.

Well I find that slightly amazing

17. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

billy..

you'd take fletcher OVER gerrard??????? c'mon mate...

18. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

1. This is completely irrelevant, as Fletcher is Scottish and as I said, has the potential to be as good as either of the three listed (clubs have to worry about money. You know whatm onmey is, Andrew?)

2. I'll dismantle your post anyway...

England's central-midfield is completely disjointed, you would be hard-pressed to find many knowledgable England fans who disagree with this. Neither Gerrard nor Lampard are ballwinners and as such, many teams do well to exploit this (Sven's saving grace is the choice of Sol/Terry/Rio at CB, all of whom make up for this weakness rather, erm, well). Joe Cole has done well on the left wing for England lately... remind me how many times you have seen Fletcher on the LEFT WING? And Beckham? I think that the little black guy who works for the big white guys should take the position of the big white guy who thinks he's a black guy, but it's all down to the balding white guy, who really likes that big white guy.

In summation, you Andrew, are a tit. And an a-cup at that.

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

You misread. I would take Fletcher + £35mn over Gerrard.

Gerrard <<<<<<(etc)<<<<<(and so on)<<< Ballack, Andrade + decent squaddie, for this club at this time.

20. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005

LMAO! :D

Dammit...I'm outta rep.

21. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Pffft... LMAO........... Hopefully that will shut him up for a little bit....................All out of rep damn......

22. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

What a load of Irish crap Billy I will stake my life that England will get further in the World Cup than Scotland ( sick joke ) and Ireland if either of them get there at all

And your alone in youir thinking , you know the England win against Columbia was proven to be a good win and we only had Cole and Beckham in that midfield what would we have done with Lampard and Gerrard as well !! let alone Rooney up front.
    Make no bones about it England have a great team and squad for the world cup
    Neville Rio Terry/Campbell Cole
    Cole Gerrard Lampard Beckham
    Rooney Owen
    You see billy the midfield players I like billy score goals, lots of them unlike Fletcher.

Ps I hope our pre season form keeps up . and how many goals has Gerrard scored in pre season and Champions league matches ????

23. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Billyboy already explained and destroyed this without saying anything again methinks, could be wrong, but probably not.

24. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Like that really nice one Beckham scored against the LA Galaxy.......................

Oh Wait .......................... Thats right he missed an open net. :(

25. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

You don't suppose that maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons to this than the centre of midfield? Like, I donm't know... England having the best strikeforce of the lot, (imho) the best corps of defenders in the world and a far better keeper than Scotland's (although Given is better than Robinson, again imho). BAH! Of course not, I'd say Gerrard & Lampard could go out there and beat Brazil all by themselves. :rolleyes:

Yes. Columbia. Now try controlling possession so easily against Brazil, Argentina, the Czech Republic, etc. I believe you will fidn that it is considerably harder to do without a ballwinner, as you did at the Euro's last year.

Remind me of what a striekr has to do with your central midfield?

Did I ever say they didn't? no, all I said was that their disjointed midfield has been a bit of a burden on them in recent years, and I doubt many who went to Portugal would disagree.

Same for Real Madrid. They wanted Beckham so badly that they let go of Makalele because he didn't really, you know... score much. Shite side of good it's doen for them in the last 2 seasons. Remind me of how Makelel is doing at his new club, and how many goals he has scored for them in two years? That's right, 1 goal, 2 medals, broken EPL records, and he has been their 2nd or 3rd best player throughout that period.

Yeah, he really gave it TNS, didn't he? Let's swap off Rooney, Heinze & Ronaldo for the guy. Then they won't be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions.