Moving to Chicago...need some help

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by diablodelsol, Jan 30, 2003.

1. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Does anyone know if you can get shootout through
    AT&T digital?

2. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I'm pretty sure you could last year, but see Marc Connelly's article on MLSNet for more details about this year. Call them and ask them personally.

Later,
    COZ

3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had it through AT&T last year...

They screwed up a few times though.

I had to call in at least twice because they somehow lost the fact that I had a subscription and I wasn't getting the matches. When I called them, they had no clue what I was talking about when I told them I had the subscription. Usually after about 15 minutes, they would say, "Oh... here... is it this?" and I'd have it back about 15 mins. after that. Of course, I'd already missed most of the first half.

Also... toward the end of the season... the shootout package ended up sharing channels with some college football package... That REALLY screwed things up... especially since they had advertised that I would see all the games.

AT&T Broadband truly sucks, and it's seriously overpriced. I was paying over $52.00/mo. for basic digital cable... no movie channels or anything added.

I canceled and got Direct TV a couple weeks ago. It's been great.

4. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Does anyone have a link to any info regarding the Shootout package on DirectTV vs. DishNetwork? I have DN but can't find anything on their site about MLS shootout. If I find out they aren't carrying it I'm going to go all Rumplestilskin.

5. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    cable versus dish

check out the thread in media. there is a lengthy and pissy discussion on the subject. personally, I am about to make the jump from cable to dish, and based on what I saw in that thread I think I will go with DirecTV, but it's really about personal preference. Although if anyone has advice to the contrary, I'd appreciate hearing from them before I make the switch. (I just got a plasma TV and the picture is supposedly much better with dish than cable.) I just hope this doesn't end up being a mistake since paying for an HDTV dish is lot of additional dough.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DTV orders are supposed to start next week, according to Connolly. Dish and InDemand (cable) haven't been negotiated yet, but should move quickly...I think this may depend somewhat on the local TV schedules being announced so they can figure out how many channels they need to devote to the package.