Movies, movies, movies!

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Força Sporting, Jul 27, 2006.

1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I watched X-Men 3 last night and i was a bit disapointed.
    It wasn't as good as the two previous movies.

[​IMG]

2. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

I got to watching Lucky Number Slevin last night, and it was pretty good. Josh Hartnett is trying to shed his teen pin-up tag and this role of his was a good way of getting him some really good acting parts in the future. Good movie all around with a stellar cast - Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, Lucy Liu and Bruce Willis were fantastic.

3. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was Funny at times. I laughed at most parts but he really isn't a Comdeic Genuis. Very Nice....I like very much....Plus the trailer we see the best parts.

I recommend watching his Ali G shows. They are at least have more barring.

Plus I compare Borat to Kenny VS Spenny, Not a Comedy Act.

5. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I went to Go see Flags of our Father and it was Pretty Compelling. Great Script, Good Acting especially Adam Beach.

[​IMG]

6. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I watched the Lake House last night....i am impressed. It was a very good movie. Perfect cast and a great storyline.

[​IMG]

7. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey TO, can you next time get a bigger photo of Keanu and Sandra? The one you posted was really small, dude :D :cool:

8. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I can try....let me write myself a note!:D

9. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BORAT

I have NEVER laughed so hard during a movie in my life! It's scary to see how some people are like in certain parts of the U.S. That rodeo guy that Borat interviews, followed by Borat singing the Kazak national anthem to the tune of the American anthem, was almost scary to watch because you had a feeling all those red necks in the crowd were about ready to kill him.

I had watched the Ali G show a few times before and it is very funny. The movie took it to a whole new level though.

I will definitely re-watch this one.

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I Just watched a Dvd Screener called "Chaos" which has a similiar premise as The Inside Man. It's a purely Independent Film which Stars Jason Stratham, Ryan Phillipe, Wesley Snipes.

The Plot evolves around 2 Cops....Stratham & Phillipe who are indulge in a Cat & Mouse Game with a Bank Robber played by (Wesley Snipes). I still though Snipes was miscasted, He was awful.

It was well shot, Great Angles but the story was very cliche and lacking the Intensity an Action movie showcases. It was Pretty Good til the last 30 Minutes when it went in a tailspin and things started to scratch it's way out.

Overall, I Give this Film a 6/10. Tony Giglio did a Good Job directing but In the end I left confused as the same context as Donnie Darko .

11. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I saw this Movie "Unknown" ondemand and it was Pretty Intense. It evolves around 4 men who are stuck in a warehouse with no memory How They got there.

I would say it has Many Twists but the comparisons of Saw & reservoir Dogs may be labelled. Not sure if it will be released in Theatres but Lucky enought to get a Screener and was amazed how Many Good Actors there are in this Flick.

Here is the Poster:

http://www.impawards.com/2006/unknown.html

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

I thought it was an average movie. I Just kept waiting For that PC Guy to drop a line, But he didn't.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Saw "Stranger Then Fiction" tonight. Not bad movie at all. A little slow in the beginning.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Deja vu! Crazy movie, with a little mention of Montreal:)

15. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Recent viewings:

Accepted - Typical dumb comedy but had a few good laughs. Worth a rental.

The Prestige - Brilliantly crafted film with a great cast. Two magicians out to get each other. The twist at the end was not surprising in the least. Good film but dragged a little at parts. Christian Bale continues to be probably my favorite actor currently working.

I'm looking forward to the new Rocky Balboa movie. I know a lot of people think it's a stupid idea, but I'm a sucker for Rocky films.

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I fixed that part of your post!

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Holic, You should check out Nemesis Game, A Canadian Indie Flick that looked interesting til the last Hour, It may suit your style.

Zinho is a Mad Pirate. He cops all the New Releases. I also would check out Harsh Times which is pretty Good.

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Watched Turistas last night. Entertaining movie just for the fact that I was able to listen to some of my culture. Movie itself was alright...would not necessarily pay for it unless you want some girlie affection.

There was one girl named Camila though, the morena beach bartender, god damn...I wish she played a bigger part in the film, she was crazy! She was sexy as hell but crooked like hell.

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tell me, Was it like the Hostel premise?

Or is it worth the download? Plus, I hate movies that have to much torture sequences.

Zinho,The other night, I saw a Dvd Screener called " Perfume:The Story of a Murderer. All I can say, The Cinematography was Amazing and the Lead Actor was ********en Scary looking.

Def check that out, There was a Nude Scene like I never viewed in this Movie Era.

20. Alberto27

Alberto27 New Member

Nov 4, 2006
    I'm nearly done getting my DVD collection up to date. Just a few more titles and then I can concentrate on getting a big screen HDTV.

Currently I have about 112 DVDs and should get another 5 in the next week or two.

http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=lotuseater

21. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    City of God & American History X are Good Collectibles. I have had a collection but now it's declining cause I rarely have the time.

Plus, I watch most of my Films on a laptop now when travelling is a must.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just saw the Descent.....yeah

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just watched Catch A Fire. The movie is about a man and his journey against the Apartheid Regime of South Africa.

Very very good movie. Has some wonderful music, emotional, story line, action. The movie definitely got overshadowed by Blood Diamond in the theaters. A Marketer should lose his job, because this movie is on par with Blood Diamond.

Also some Portuguese in the movie, they head to Mozambique to train the Soldiers.

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah, The Last king of Scotland was better, Forrest Whittaker was Frightening Good as the dictactor.