Mourinho sacked

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Mourinho will take over at AS Roma next season. Insert hysterical laughter here.

BalanceUT repped this.
  2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I fully expect him to win a cup with Roma. Not because he’s a good manager, but because it would be so typically Spursy

jumhed, BalanceUT and pookspur repped this.
  3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That's the first thing I thought: he'll win something there.

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This, by the way, is rather a big deal for us. Jose is currently on 'gardening leave', which means we'll continue paying his contract until it expires or until he gains employment elsewhere. By taking the post at Roma, Jose will be saving us somewhere in the neighborhood of 12m pounds.

I won't go overboard about it, but I suppose it does say something respectable for Jose that he's apparently got no interest in exploiting that situation.

BalanceUT and Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Not like he needs to, the guy has enough accumulated gardening leave throughout his career to buy Central Park several times over. Cue the Gedson to Roma rumours...

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The fact that he took the Roma job and did so so quickly shows how far he has fallen in the football world.

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think the results at Spurs had pretty much already done that.

8. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    yeah right i mean it is spurs guys who think they have world class players if you did you would have it. i mean big clubs go after your players if they are class like luka other then that no big club is interested in kane, son moura and on and on. what can mournho do with players that have become like american super stars who after few knees on the ground and few generic statements to media thought they are bigger then football players so people should respect because they risk they what ever by putting the knee on the ground lol. it is not mou but your players like every other epl club since blm fiasco that now they think they are heros lol. in what i wonder ?

9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Trolling in a third language is always tough. Credit for the level of difficulty though, keep up the English lessons and soon enough you’ll have comprehendible racism instead of this word salad.

BalanceUT, pookspur and Golara repped this.
  10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    An admirable attempt at Vogon poetry.

BalanceUT and appwrangler repped this.
  11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This is interesting. Weeding out all the nonsense - which pretty much all of it, technically - we can boil it down to a digestible essence: An Inter fan, who understandably has much respect for Mourinho, given what he accomplished there, has become indignant at our distaste for Mourinho, who it must be said, accomplished rather less at Spurs.

I'm not sure how far to go in responding, as he's been a bit of an ass, and his points are pretty half-baked, so I'm not sure it's worth too much effort. But I'll just say one or two things quickly.

Anyone thinking Spurs fans have scapegoated Mourinho is well off base. The players, and Levy in particular, have come in for heavy criticism over the decline that, if we're honest, started before Mourinho got to N17. But Mourinho's Spurs teams played hideous stuff, defended poorly in doing so, and were clearly less than the sum of their parts. So that's on him. Plus, he tends to behave like a bit of a douche, which no one likes (unless, of course, you're winning things, in which case some folks will overlook that technicality), and that's on him, too. So in the end, yes, we're glad he's gone.

And since you, Mr Bosnainter, not unlike Jose Mourinho, have also come into Spurs fans' lives behaving like a bit of a douche, in the end, I suspect we'll be glad when you're gone, as well.

BalanceUT, appwrangler and Funkfoot repped this.
  12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Agreed - and I would add that the stubborn decision to NOT play Gareth Bale did him in the end.

A Peruvian friend of mine had a great psychological analysis of Mourinho vis-à-vis star players he has fallen out with or shipped out of town.

According to her, when Mourinho does his thing and gets 10 men behind the ball, 30% possession and wins 1-0, all the talk is about "Mourinho's masterclass" and what a tactical genius he is. When he lets his hair down and wins a 3-2 type of game, all the talk of course is about the players and the excitement of the football, and he can't stand that because it always has to be about him.

She reminded me about a game during his second spell at Chelsea, where they went up to Goodison and won 6-3, playing some brilliant stuff. After the game, he was furious with the fact they had let in 3. He would rather win 1-0 with 2 shots on target while letting the other team have 70% possession.

soccernutter repped this.
  13. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Mourinho is the anti-Christ of football. I haven't seen such bad football at Spurs since George Graham disgraced us with his presence.

BalanceUT repped this.