Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list December 17th, 2007)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Joe MacCarthy, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Start July 2005)

Mike is just beginning to break into the senior lineup and it looks like he'll be playing a pivotal role in Canada's D in the coming years. Many think he is destined for even bigger things re club career. Please keep us posted on his play.

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Is Alen Marcina now in Norway?

"Med vi mener han seg sjøl og kanadiske Alen Marcina (25). De to spilte sammen i Danmark og ønsker å fortsette som lagkamerater i en ny utenlandsk klubb. Ifølge Hagen skal én portugisisk og to greske klubber, alle i den øverste divisjonen, være interesserte.

- En agent sier at en eller flere av klubbene nærmest er klar for å signe meg, men det er meningen at jeg og Marcina skal gå til samme klubb. Derfor kan det ta litt tid, forklarer Hagen, som hevder han ennå ikke vet hvilke klubber det dreier seg om."

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2005/06/30/436106.html

3. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  4. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004

Wow, that came from nowhere. Been away from the news today so I'll have to go to Vs and catch up. What's up with Tromso or Norway in general? They seem to give Canadians a fighting chance. I hope this is Lars' big break (as a starter someday soon). I don't recall ever having such a great week for Canadians.

Edit: Holy ESP Batman. This is Timotas' first line of his post about Lars at Vs.
    Wow. That came out of no where. Good for him.
    Too late to get a lottery ticket. :)

5. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I do think Canada and Chile have a treaty on the dual citizenship, as we are allow to vote. Did you mean 6yrs or months? Must be yrs. I don't understand why that would be a problem if he is Canadian, it is for a work permit he needs be Chileno Citizen?

I have heard of Carlos Rivas Jr. & Sr. of course.
    Sr. was big star in the Chilena community as I am from the area where they are right now. I thought Rivas Sr. has a soccer school in Vaughan Ont?

Excellent link from www.Lun.cl...umm here I am stating it was Colo-Colo. I guess it aint reliable or maybe just talk as his Dad played and wanted to do the same. Some peeps will be excited to see this over here!!!

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

For some reason I typed moments, when I meant to type months. Sorry about that.
    As the article states, Rivas Jr. needs to wait 6 months to gain Chilean citizenship. Since you live in Canada, you'd probably know more. I'm assuming there is a dual citizenship treaty.
    Otherwise the team doesn't want to sign him (that doesn't mean he hasn't impressed, then again it doesn't mean that he has), but since he is basically unproven and untested at a competitive level the team wants to hold out a bit.
    Do you have any info on this guy's playing career/experience in Canada??
    Metro

7. Resendes

Resendes New Member

Dec 29, 2004

Update
    Steven Vitoria of FC Porto
    Will start the 05/06 season with the junior-A sub-19 team.

8. Resendes

Resendes New Member

Dec 29, 2004

Update
    Michael Pereira of FC Porto
    Will start the 05/06 season with the junior-B sub-17 team.

9. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004

Just wanted to say thanks to all (here at BS and at Vs) for providing info (confirmation and links) :) for the ol' MOACA. Can't remember a time when it has been so busy for Canadian player movement. Getting harder to keep updated. Now have to verify some of the trials and other info that has been posted.

Tks again

10. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

Klukowski played great in Club Brugge's match against Valgerena in the CL qualifing, Brugge lost but it was a great CL debut for him.

11. boomboomroom

boomboomroom New Member

Aug 13, 2004

I was wondering if anyone has info on Canadians who are going down to the states to play in the NAIA? I am going to play for Missouri Valley College in the NAIA, I'm a goalkeeper and I'm just wondering how many other Canadians are down there too. Last year I played in the NCAA DIII for a small school in PA (Keystone College). If anyone has info that would be cool to see and no the bcsoccer webpage is not up-to-date I already checked that one. Anyways..

Later

12. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. morphy

morphy New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Porto
    Michael Pereira career in FC Porto

Michael is training with the u17 team and is doin well.
    He is been included in the u18 team that is playing in "Mundialito" against the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Corinthians, etc
    Prophile of Michael Pereira: http://esperancaportista.blogspot.com/2005/06/michael-pereira-luso-canadiano-nos_15.html
    Mundialito
    http://esperancaportista.blogspot.com/2005/08/fc-porto-no-1-mundialito-de-clubes-sub.html
    FC Porto u17 at "Esperança Portista"
    http://esperancaportista.blogspot.com/2005/07/fc-porto-0506-juvenis-juniores-b-sub.html

14. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004

Don't recall seeing this anywhere

http://www.redimps.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ProfilesDetail/0,,10440~30707,00.html

Canadian under-23 international goalkeeper Rayner joined the Imps (Lincoln City) from Welsh Premier League side Port Talbot on a one-year contract just prior to the start of the season. This was extended by a further year in July 2005.

Previously a junior with AFC Bournemouth, Rayner has a spell with Barry Town before joining Port Talbot. He also had a week-long trial with Premiership giants Newcastle United at the end of the 2003/04 campaign.

Rayner has one under-23 international cap to his name when he kept a clean sheet for his country against the USA in December 2002.

15. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

Brugge made the Champions League so Klukowski will play against Juventus and Bayern this year. He has been great all year for brugge with his magnificent crosses.

16. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Heard that Asmir Begovic is on loan to a Belgian club as Portsmouth want him to get more playing time at a good level (not yet confirmed).

17. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004

Have you heard he is now on loan or might be going? I heard he might be going quite awhile ago.

Also (for anybody out there) Andre Hainault was supposed to go to Crystal P (waiting for paperwork) but I haven't heard anything since. Is he allowed to go now re: USL2 regs.

18. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

A Pompey fan posted today on a Calgary site that he is on loan; I have asked if he has any details.

19. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004

Tks, I'll have a look as well. Where've you been? I kept hoping you'd post something good about MC2, but it looks like it's not gonna happen (MC2 not your posting) :)

Any news on these guys, how they're doing. Potential upward mobility?

Marinko Maras - Kaiserlautern (German Bundesliga 1) (1) U19
    Robert Kerek - FC Freiburg (German Bundesliga 2) (2) Youth
    Amir Haroon - Energie Cottbus Amateurs (Oberliga Nordost Süd) (4)
    Blerim Rrustemi - Borussia Monchengladbach Amateurs (Oberliga Nordrhein) (4)
    Victor Oppong - Waldhof Mannheim (Oberliga Baden-Württemberg) (4)
    Kent O'Connor - 1860 München (Junioren-Bundesliga Süd/Südwest) U19

20. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina

Asmir Begovic, our U-21 in line to be our starter for 2007, is now with Belgium's top division, with RAA Louviéroise, commonly referred to as "La Louvière".

"Le canadien Azmir Begovic signera ce jeudi un contrat de deux ans avec option. Il complètera donc le trio de gardiens de la RAAL et portera la vareuse numéro un."

:Benjamin Duval le 17-08-2005 à 17:54:46

Canadian Azmir Begovic this Thursday will sign a two year contract, with an option for longer. He will thus complete the trio of keepers at RAAL and will wear jersey number one.

http://www.raal.be/?

I'm surpised nobody has caught this week and a half old news before.

RAAL has a record of two losses and two draws so far this season, Begovic has not yet played. Their next match is against Klukowski's Bruge on September 10, wouldn't it be great if he could start in goal for that?

I learned about it from a rumour from the Calgary Soccer Community site, which said that he was on loan from Portsmouth because he was only 4th or 5th depth and needed more opportunity for competition, but what the basis of the loan or trade or whatever is, I don't know. The small RAAL item refers to it as a "transfer".

21. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin

Jacob Lensky started for the Celtic U19's against Aberdeen 2 weeks ago. He set up the first 2 goals and was apparantly impressive. He has been on the bench for the U19's twice this season too.

22. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin

Lensky set up another 2 goals for Celtic U-19's yesterday.

"It was Lensky’s second assist of the afternoon, and the Canadian very nearly added a goal of his own on 70 minutes when he embarked on a mazy run that saw him weave through the Livvy defence and only just miss out on a memorable solo strike when his right-foot shot sneaked past the left-hand post."

23. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Thanks.

Keep the updates on Lensky coming.

24. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Hi. I was just wondering where you got all the info for your first post at? Is there a particular site to check for players of certain nationalities on various club teams or did you have to go through every single club team to find Canadian players?

I was just wondering because I would like to try to replicate this thread (at least the first post) for "Norwegians Abroad" in the Scandinavian forum but honestly I have no clue where to start to find all the Norwegian players who are in various countries, especially lower divisions.

Thanks for any help and good luck to Canada in the 2010 qualifying campaign. Maybe you won't get stuck in such a tough semi-finals next time around.