Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list December 17th, 2007)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Joe MacCarthy, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wangy

Wangy New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list July 16, 2007)

Ooohh...thats good to see. CIS has really struggled to develop future professional athletes in any sport recently and it is success stories like this that keeps it afloat. Hopefully he does well in Germany and makes the first team.

2. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list July 16, 2007)

Tks to Can. in UK at Vs for headsup

Dunfield signs

[​IMG]
    http://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10393~1079700,00.html

Following his successful trial period at the Moss Rose, the club is pleased to announce that Terry Dunfield signed for the Silkmen late yesterday. The former Man City trainee, who went on to play for Bury has featured in all of our previous season games and joined his new team mates for the official photo call that took place in the afternoon.

Originally born in Vancouver, Canada the midfielder moved to the UK to pursue a career in football and was clearly delighted to be given his chance with Macclesfield.

"I've actually lived in Macclesfield for the last ten years, attending Fallibroom High School after moving over from Canada. I love football and there's only one place to come and ply your trade and that is over here. So to be given the chance to re-establish my career after a fairly serious injury which I received whilst at Gigg Lane is fantastic news. I've really enjoyed the pre-season training and I hope I can prove to the gaffer over the next few weeks that I am worthy of a place in the starting line," Terry explained.

"My game is all about getting the ball and make the most of it. So I am very much a passing midfielder and I think that what the Gaffer wants from me. With our wide men we've got lots of options moving forward which is great as it makes the midfield's job that much easier and I can't wait for the season to get underway."

3. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Dylan Hughes returns to Canada

Dylan Hughes returns to Canada

Babelfish translation
    http://www.rkcwaalwijk.nl/t2bcms/20072008.php?nr=0019

12-07-2007 RKC Walloon DISTRICT take farewell of Dylan Hughes. The middenvelder had a contract up to 2008, but this contract has been dissolved in good consultation. Dylan Hughes played last season on hiring basis for Vvv-Venlo, but left during the season already to its birth country Canada.

In other news
    http://www.brystinternational.com/site/newsarchive.htm

Tom McLean of the BFA Program spent 2 years in the Burnley Youth Academy and is now off to Bowling Green State University, in Ohio, on a soccer scholarship this fall.

4. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Mother of All Canadians Abroad

Ali Gerba confirmed back at IFK Goteberg
    http://www.ifkgoteborg.se/portal/pa..._dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&element_id=2722264

Bad translation

Gerba back in Blåvitt

Striker Ali Gerba is back with IFK Gothenburg behind one half-year in the Dane SAS ligaklubben AC Horsens. The Canadian forward did good away wonder sina six month on Jylland. Gerba did 15 matches for Horsens in the Dane högstadivisionen. Striker Ali Gerba arrived at IFK Gothenburg before 2006 and was borrowing wonder its first season out to Norwegian Odd Grenland. Wonder Feb. 2007 was borrowing Gerba out to Dane AC Horsens. Now is the kanadesiske landslagsmannen back on Kamratgården.

5. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list July 16, 2007)

Was just at the U of S site to check out the fall schedule and saw that two Huskie have signed with Royal Racing FC in the Belgium 5th. They are:

Brendon Garritty and Brandon Ferridge

http://huskies.usask.ca/headlines.php?s=2&g=1&h=3169

Apparently Huskies coach Bryce Chapman is a Scout for Royal Racing FC.

6. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list July 27, 2007)

Nsaliwa before the AEK-Club Brugge friendly in Athens yesterday.

[​IMG]

He was paired with Zikos as DM.

7. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list July 27, 2007)

Confirmation that Kennedy Owusu-Ansah will be with the Hertha Berlin U23/Amateur team this coming season as he was officially with the U19 Junioren Bundesliga team last season.

Kennedy Owusu-Ansah promoted to U23's

8. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006

Apparently 19 year old keeper Ryan Toale is there as well. The above two players are listed on the roster but not in the game report while Toale was listed in the game report but not on the roster.

The club has a pretty good history but has fallen on relegation problems lately. I believe they dropped two levels in the past two years. Wikipedia has them in the Belgian Promotion D (4) but I think they relegated again to the Provincial League (5)

Royal Racing Football Club Montegnee are pleased to announce he signing of 19 yr old goalkeeper Ryan Toale, Ryan is originally from Brampton Ontario & has been playing his club football for Bramalea Celtic in Ontario.

Ryan was introduced to RRFCM, when he attended the open days at the RRFCM/Caledon academy in Caledon, Ontario. Where Ryan impressed the coaching staff over the two days.

Ryan spent two years with the Canadian National Training Centre in Ontario & has previously had trial spells with English clubs Everton & Ipswich Town,

Ryan will also be attending the University of Liege, so he can continue his post secondary education during his time at Montegnee.

9. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list August 1, 2007)

Might want to update the loan to TFC for Kenny S.

Also, might want to update Lensky from the U19 as he'ss training with the Feyenoord first team and is considered closer to the first team than the reserves (quote from the training staff when he signed last december). He even played in a Dutch league game last season.

10. Start fan in exile

Jan 5, 2006
    Lillehammer, Norway
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Kevin De Serpa has signed a short-term contract with Mandalskameratene of the Norwegian Division 1 (2nd tier). MK are currently dead last in the division with 6 points after 17 games (of 30) and look to be a sure bet to be relegated in October, but apparently they are hoping De Serpa will help them save their place.

The contract runs to the end of the season, but the club has an option for another 1-2 years.

http://fotball.fvn.no/forstediv/article87354.ece

11. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
  12. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
  13. simon99

simon99 New Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Montreal, Canada
  14. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006

Thanks for that, the article was a bit misleading The 20-year-old former St. Andrews student Gomez, overlooked for Team Canada despite playing pro in Argentina with the Premiership Tristan Suarez club

Tristán Suárez is in Buenos Aires. They currently play in Primera B Metropolitana, which is the regionalised third tier of the Argentine Football Association. (via Wikipedia)

Bizarre, just looked at Vs and it was virtually the same post as mine (theirs done earlier). Small world this Canadian scene.

15. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Blerim Rrustemi is no longer with Borussian Moenchengladbach amateurs:

No Albanian-Canucks here

16. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006

Was it you, a while back, who posted he was looking at opportunities in Albania?

17. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Montreal

Rustemi appears to have signed with AC Horsens of the top tier in Denmark at least from what I can understand of the article and the fact he is pictured in their player list. http://www.achorsens.dk/Default.aspx?ID=11&PID=597&NewsID=667

Previously this summer he had a trial with Swiss first division team NEUCHÂTEL XAMAX but failed to impress their coach.

18. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Re: Mother of All Canadians Abroad (Updated list August 1o, 2007)

That came out of the blue, thanks Grizzly. Can't make much out of the translation except it seems to mention he's Albanian not Canadian, although it could mean his passport. Need one of the Danish speakers to translate and keep an eye on this.

19. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Joe, as per Sigma the Canadians no longer seem to be at Papa-Lombard in Hungary

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11212&whichpage=7

Also, some of the following youth info. for Canucks Abroad can be updated.

Shaun Saiko - Middlesbrough (English Premier League) (1) U19
    Reid Fraser - Sheffield Wednesday (English The Championship) (2) U19
    Robbie Giezen - Groningen (Dutch Eredivisie) (1) U19
    Marcus Haber - Groningen (Dutch Eredivisie) (1) U19
    Michael Nonni - Groningen (Dutch Eredivisie) (1) U19
    Matt Lam - Ajax (Dutch Eredivisie) (1) U19

These players are all 89's and therefore U19's

Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis - Strasbourg (France Ligue 1) (1) U18
    Randy Edwini-Bonsu - FC Metz (France Ligue 1) (1) U18
    Phillipe Davies - FC Metz (France Ligue 1) (1) U18
    Sean Rosa - FC Metz (France Ligue 1) (1) U18

These are all 90's and therefore U18 (though conceivably could be playing U19 - especially L-L)

Robert Adam - De Anza Force (California) U17

The club is De Anza Force, the age group is 1990 born players. Hence, it is U17 and remove the 90 from the club title.

20. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA

Dagmar Midcap is in Atlanta these days.

21. ubies

ubies Member

Jul 7, 2006

Andrew Ornoch is set to get a trial with Polish top division club - Jagiellonia Bialystok, according to local papers.

22. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK

I think that he is cap-tied to Albania now. I seem to recall him playing in an official match for Albania not too many months ago.

23. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Correct. I think he has only been capped in friendlies to this point though. He was on the bench for Albania in 2 of their 3 spring matches in UEFA 2008 qualifying. Is there a distinction between official and friendly still?

24. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK

I am not sure if Friendlies count or not. I thought he had played in a qualifier when I mention the official match. If he was simply on the bench then his status may still be open.

25. simon99

simon99 New Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Montreal, Canada

At the Senior level, playing in a friendly is enough to cap you. At the youth level, you must play an official match (WC qualifications or World Cup) in order to be cap tie to a country.