Most overrated club in the world?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by BadReligion, Sep 27, 2003.

1. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
  2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  3. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I second that. Good call!

4. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    I would say Real Madrid... Don't get me wrong their probably the best team in the world, but with their loss last year in the Champs league, and their lackluster first half of La Liga last year... Overrated...

5. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the same inter that bitchslapped arsenal at highbury:rolleyes:

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    yep that very same inter... that hasn't scored in over 240 minutes against siena, sampdoria and udinese

7. soccerchick584

soccerchick584 New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    I'd say Inter too.

8. milan.dc.united

milan.dc.united New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Yes, and one of the most cynical in tactics, as well.
    Ex. -- win over Valencia in last year's CL quarterfinals. Let Vieri score one goal, and then defend for the rest of the match. Most would say they went through undeservedly.

9. Fuerza River

Fuerza River New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    CAMPEON DEL MUNDO
    I used to think it was Milan for the longest time but I think I just hate them. Now I agree Inter is the winner. I think Cupper is coaching like an idiot and he'll be gone soon if the don't start putting the ball in the net. I have no idea how they beat Arsenal. May be Arsenal was thinking of Man U's Titles!

10. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Well, it depends on what you mean by overrated. If you mean their current spot in the tables compared to where they'll be in a couple months, I'd put Portsmouth, Osasuna and AZ Alkmaar in that list.

11. Barcelona by a distance

12. What have they ever done? 1 European Cup.

13. steve hog

steve hog Red Card

Sep 21, 2003
    miami
    I think west brom are the most over rated club in the world, everyone always goes on about how they are the greates and are gonna win the champs league and how their players are worth millions, but I dont think they are that good

14. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Inter - Valencia should have advanced

Chelsea - Depth on the bench and a few world class players is a great thing, but with Ranieri steering the Russian boat, I don't think people should expect much from them. This will probably be Ranieri's last season with Chelsea.

Galatasaray - they haven't been great since '99 when they won the UEFA cup over Arsenal

Real Sociedad - last season was definitely a fluke for the team, but not a fluke for the one man that made that fluke happen, Nihat

Non-European club:

River Plate - disregarding its history and pedigree, currently with Pellegrini coaching and their embarassing copa libertadores loss to America de Cali last year(4-1 thrashing) and their wallowing in the Argentine apertura/clausura mid-table, I'd put them in the overrated list.

15. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    er so this means what? that siena, sampdoria and udinesa are all better than arsenal?:D

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

no it means that arsenal took a piss that night... and that inter can't even score against a serie blAh middler and two promoted clubs

17. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    ROTFLMAO! :p

18. MadridForLife

MadridForLife New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Worcester, MA
    I think we have to clarify what we mean by overrated. My defenition would be a decent to huge sized club that always underperforms. So with that out of the way clubs like Real Sociedad and Stuttgart would not fit the list b/c no one is expecting them to win their respective league and go to the CL final.

Clubs that could be considered overrated...

Inter- Even though they are my faorite club to watch in Italy. They are probably overrated.

Arsenal- To an extent they are overrated especially in Europe they never seem to put things together.

Chelsea- Could change after this season, but before this one they thought they were a "Huge" club in England.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Right on mush.
    I mean, after all the talent that came in during the off season last year we should have won the league right?
    It was the managers fault that all those new players couldn't hack it and we ended up a mangy 4th.

Good call :rolleyes:

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    ROTFLMFAO
    After decades of being called underachievers, we are now suddenly "overrated"

You couldn't make this up......

21. steve hog

steve hog Red Card

Sep 21, 2003
    miami
    Badazzsnowboarder you know nothing!!

22. hazhazhaz

hazhazhaz New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Portsmouth
    west brom!!!!!
    hahahahaha. where did you get the idea people think there gona win champions league!
    and players that are worth millions? haha

23. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  24. mr red

mr red New Member

Sep 22, 2003