Most Goals Scored by an Italian in a European League Other than Serie A?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Sempre, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Indeed. But I can't rep myself, and Cassano has more than
    enough of those green bars as you can see. :D

2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    There, I raped you. :D

Seriously though, good thread. I can't believe though, that only a few Italian players have scored like that in other leagues, altough it is well known that they don't really need to go out of Italy to have a successful career, among other reasons. It is interesting however that all these records we listed took place in a short span, when these few players were abroad.

3. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    marco di vaio had 11 goals last yr in la liga

4. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marco Negri, was just about to win the debate after reading first page but someone nailed it on the head!

I thought was 36 off top of my head, he went to SPL and just banged in goal after goal. If i recall he had a 5 goal match in there. Really was incredible season!!!

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    A great season indeed. However (correct me if I'm wrong), it didn't seem like it was talked much about at the time. It certainly didn't earn him a presence on the 1998 WC squad (and just look at this thread, where the answer wasn't inmediate, even for a couple of good Italian football fans).

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just looked him up; it seems he played with Perugia last year in Serie B, and now is going to play for a team in Serie C2 (4th Division).

7. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As I understand it, Negri scored 32 goals in just over two thirds of the season, but then had a falling out with the manager of epic proportions and refused to play for Rangers again. It effectively killed his career.

8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Wow. Thanks for that info. It did seem like something might had gone wrong.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched a little biography about Negri on TV and some of the journalists were saying that when he was at Rangers, he played like a player who was capable of delivering the goods but at all the other teams he was with, Negri was a joke.

FORZA RAVANELLI! One of my all-time favourite players and I love his goal celebrations more than his goals.