Most Complete Team in the World?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by HwarangDo, Sep 18, 2003.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    1. Desailly's legendary status is meaningless to this discussion. As I said before - if you put DiStefano out there, will that make Chelsea better? No.
    2. Lack of common language. I actually didn't want to embarass you by discussing that comment, but you insisted - so here's to common language. So what? Desailly is now important because he's an interpreter? Give me a fvcking break! I don't think United has anyone on the pitch who can speak the same language as Ronaldo AND Djemba Djemba. Big deal! Do you think someone speaks Georgian with Kaladze on Milan? Because Sheva's probably the only one that can talk to him, but Sheva certainly can't speak to Dida - boy, Milan must SUCK because they don't have a player who can't communicate with everyone else. I just hope they don't go down. Twit.
    3. There's some sort of dogma that greatness equals squad harmony. Well, I guess Utd. won last year while everything was hunky dory (didn't Ferguson hit someone with a boot?), but even if you're talking about chemistry on the pitch, how well do you think the Real players got along with Anelka the year they won the CL? The same year they suspended him? How did the Gunners play so well when he was clearly a malcontent? Must have been magic, I guess.

Sigh. Look at the thread title. Now look at your post. Who said anything about an elite team?

Well, which of those two teams won the CL last year? None? But I thought they couldn't be stopped? Oh wait, Juve stopped Real who lacked enough defense, and who didn't have a capable backup to Makelele. Guess this means they're.....incomplete? Gasp! Isn't that....the point of this thread? Why it is! Oh my God - how ironic!

Only if you're dumb enough to think Barca has a "complete squad". Fact is, they've been buying mediocrity in the midfield and defense for years, and then selling them all to Portugal when they didn't work out. Their defense is still very mediocre, and they have no reliable keeper. I'd never claim they're complete. My vote there would probably go to Depor, who have remained consistent for the last 5 years while spending little money.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#. Dortmund built a CL winning team in a year. Real has massive turnover. Milan got Nesta and an unsettled Rivaldo, and presto - CL title, after they had been very disappointing in the CL for years. For whatever reason, Arsenal's familiarity with the CL has not helped them. (Although I think their lack of depth is the main problem, as well as the defense.)

So they can beat ManU, but not other European teams? That makes no sense. Btw, when Man U figures out how to deal with Spanish teams, let me know.

2. steve hog

steve hog Red Card

Sep 21, 2003
    miami
    NICEPHORA.So what that niether united or Real won the cl last year? The best teams dont always win tournaments, the best teams win leagues and who won their perspective leagues? Manu and Real. Before you get all high and mighty pal, think about what your saying because I dont think you know much. Also, who said that "greatness means harmony"? I didnt, and nor did anyone else. But it is a fact that a team with great players will produce great football on the pitch. Simple. And its a FACT that Arsenal struggle in europe and do every season. Just because they can beat United doesnt mean they can beat a turkish or italina outfit simply because they beat a world class team in man u does it? They havent won in their klast 10 euro pean games. THERE IS A PROBLEM. I think your just arguing for arguments sake and your points are awful. Also, what does this question of "completeness" really mean anyway? One of those mystic grey areas we find in football too much these days, like when a commentatot tells us a striker missed because the shot was too perfect.

3. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Oh good, another one. Please, actually read my posts before weighing in with your illiterate spittle.
    The thread is "most complete team". No one is denying that Real and Madrid are excellent teams. I like watching Madrid and ManU play. But both have too many holes to be called complete. That's the point. Real's defense is suspect, and there's no good defensive midfielder (I don't think Cambiasso is that good). ManU lack depth in the back line, have only one forward, and have no true right winger. What are you talking about?
    Besides, with your point of "great players on the pitch will always play well" supports my argument that Chelsea merits discussion here. So what ARE you talking about?

(Btw, Arsenal haven't won in Europe in 10 games? Might want to check that stat buddy.)

4. steve hog

steve hog Red Card

Sep 21, 2003
    miami
    Hi mr wrong!! Where do man u have holes, they have enough defenders to me. lets see. Rio, G neville, p neville, wes brown, o shea, silvestre, even keane can do a job there!! Not too bad. Never said that chelsea dont merit talking about. and no mate, i dont want to check that stat you boring c@nt.

5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You don't want to theck the stat because you're wrong. Awww, there's a shock. Why should I believe anything you say if you spout such nonsensical *#*#*#*#? Its as if I said "steve hog is a pedophile", but then refused to prove it, because that would be boring.
    Lets see about defenders - Wes Brown, aside from not being that good, won't be back until after Christmas. So that leaves 5 defenders. 5 defenders???? That's enough?
    Oh, and please, lets not drag Keane into this. He's not a defender. He looks uncomfortable defending. Even then, you only have 6. That's not enough depth.
    As for holes - who's ManU's back up striker right now? A player famous for NOT scoring goals (Forlan). Ooooh, such depth.
    They're good. They're not deep at some positions. Just live with it.

6. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    1. Don't be so stupid. I stated the reasons WhY it is essential at Chelsea after you asked me by saying he's not even the best defender at the club. Selective memory AGAIN.. :rolleyes: And wtf do you keep talking about DiStefano? Desailly is a current player, playing in that team, he's not some fantasy figure from the past...but he has fantasy status amongst some of his peers at Chelsea. What in The Flyin Fvck does any past legend have to do with that? ¬_¬ I mentioned Maldini if you wanted parity with someone........still playing......it's like you're on some messed up loop.

2. So you're saying that it's not important for a captain to be able to communicate 100% with his entire team? It doesn't help relations? LoL please shut the f*** up. And your Milan statement is probably the dumbest thing you've said so far..they all speak Italian so why would they need to use their native tongue? ¬_¬ The situation is not the same in England...the players at Chelsea don't speak a common langauge...That will lead to problems later in the season when the games get tough. Djemba-Djemba speaks french at least inform yourself before coming up with such dumb statements. Ronaldo is not gelling with team-mates. Do you not see that right now he is a one-man entertainment show? ¬_¬ When he can communicate his game will improve.

3. Now you're veering off into the realms of digression. What the hell does your point 3 have to do with what you qouted of my previous post.

An elite team is a complete team. Even if they seem faulted...try and expose it when they are playing at their maximum potential. Brazil '70 had one of the worst Gk's in their history and the defence was nothing special but so what? they were a complete attacking unit. One which crushed everything in their sight and beat-up the more 'complete' Italians who apparently didn't have a weak link in their team.

LoL so you think any other team in the world can win CL QF or SF stages without their #1 players on the pitch? Lol you think Milan without both Inzaghi and Sheva would still be a lethal force? ¬_¬ LoL@ capable back-up..what a crock of sh1t. The best of the best cannot be replaced.. otherwise they weren't the best in the first place...For example Crespo&H'Baink who are pretty much equal to begin with, don't even rank in the bracket of the Raul's, Ronaldo's, VNR's, Sheva's of this world...so Chelsea may be complete...but they were inferior in the first place...so you want a moderate but complete squad instead of the elite? There is no irony in your statement just an insight into what you believe to be complete.

Well fair enough, i made the assumption that you would be the type to think Barca are complete beings as how you lurvee to see names and reputations of players who are 3yrs out of date :D

Dortmund didn't set out that year thinking 'right we're going to win the CL' they rode the quest of a wave just like many teams have done in the past like Denmark '92. Arsenal are babies in terms of CL experience another 2 years and they'll have no excuse to fall back on but they are still a fledgling CL team right now.

It makes perfect sense. Man U vs. Arsenal is nothing like how Man U play in Europe, they play blood and thunder EPL style against Arsenal and the games always turn into a melee with someone being sent off...Since Keano sorted his mind out Man U players don't even get into trouble in Europe.

um.. Spanish teams? Or THE Spanish team?? Man U destroyed Depor or have u forgotten that? Please tell me which plural there is after Real Madrid that Man U can't 'deal with'