Most Classless Act of the World Cup...

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Lothar is 1, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eliostar

eliostar Member

Aug 2, 2001
    toronto
    The fans, especially the ones on this board. Never saw so many sore losers in one place.

2. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nah - it wasn't just clumsy. It was totally cynical. Look at the replay.

3. cbead

cbead New Member

May 16, 2006
    1. Grosso's dive against Australia
    2. The referee awarding the penalty
    3. Totti's lack of respect and sportsmanship by sucking his thumb after scoring

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ESPN putting Dave O'Brien and Marcello Balboa in the booth.

5. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4. Posters ignorant of why he did that running their mouths off

6. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    All are pretty classless acts....but you'd have to think that a coach not shaking hands takes the cake. Players will be players and on field emotions and gamesmanship will sooner or later have an impact resulting is harsh fouls, faking injuries, headbutts, etc. But at the end of the day the team coach needs to put all that behind and be a positive representative for his country and set a good example for his players.

7. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Heh. Totti just became a father recently, his thumb sucking was
    for his son Cristian. Luis Garcia has done the same celebration for
    his kids. I don't think it's meant as disrespect . . .

8. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004

The odd part is De Rossi's challenge was far worse; it had a much larger chance of causing serious injury and was just as premeditated.

Yet your lot had no problem throwing him in the final after such disgrace did you?

Class act those Italians; talk about a house built of glass.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see, De Rossi was red carded and rightly so. The Italian media and fans called for his head and chided him for his actions. He served a four game suspension and you're criticizing the fact that he played in a game?

You're concept of reality is really distorted.

10. cbead

cbead New Member

May 16, 2006
    Oh, Yeah, right... That's why he was looking at Neill as soon as he stuck it in his mouth.:rolleyes:

Pardon my ignorance, and the running off of my mouth, dear sir or madam. Obviously, I am not allowed to have an opinion about what I thought were the most classless acts of the World Cup. :(

Must have mis-read the title, sorry 'bout that.:confused:

11. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    Materazzi would be serving life.

12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For what? Bad-mouthing/trash-talking? Horrible rationale...

13. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL.

C'mon guy. Players throwing elbows is a common sight in aerial
    challenges. I'd never defend De Rossi's elbow but as I mentioned
    earlier it looked worse because McBride does bleed easily. He got
    the red he deserved and it was a disgrace, but in 16 years of
    watching this sport I have never once seen a player violently ram
    his head into another's chest. It was a terrible piece of violent and
    I don't think anyone should try to defend it.

14. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    For several cases of battery.

15. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    The wrestling match between Portugal and the Netherlands. Figo was one of my favorite players before that game but after his headbutt of the Dutch player, I lost all respect for him. :(

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're bringing in past occurrences to this present situation which is illogical. But if we are going into the past can't we also dig up Zidane's cases of "battery" as well? C'mon man, be sane...

17. Soccerballs

Soccerballs New Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Oh well, I choose the "all of the above" option for that list on the poll (but it doesn't exist), except that where Holland doesn't give the ball back to Portugal!!! With all that diving they were really wasting a lot of time and Holland were at least trying to play!!!

I will also add a violent foul on Robben by a Portuguese (don't remember who), a Figo headbutt, two violent fouls on Ballack made from behind and without a ball, one by Wanchope (Costa Rica) and another one by an Argentinian player (don't remember either), and also Julio Cruz' slap on Frings face that ended on Frings retaliating with a punch (is Julito gay BTW? He hits like a little girl!) that BTW was not even penalized... There was also a violent foul made by Deco (Unfortunately I don't remember the game) that even Scolari couldn't help reacting solidarily with an ouch face, that should've been a red!

That call on De Rossi was perfect, he deserved it... But what about all the rest of the elbows in the tournament, I counted at least 2 on the Final by the french. Lahm had almost an purple eye against Argentine!!! If they are going to call one, then please FIFA be consistent and penalize all of them!!!

These are the ones I remember... I also think that the penalty called for Spain against Ucraine was the joke of the World Cup!!!

EDIT. About Zidane's headbutt... Terrible!!! I mean Materazzi is known as the butcher of Milan, isn't he? Well Zidane simply lowered himself to that position!!! Zidane being awarded best player of the WC is another bad joke of this tournament!!! The only person that must have cheered Zidane over that headbutt was Pipo Inzaghi, lol!!!!

18. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ

Thank you for making my point, genius!!!

19. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ

It's amazing. I killed about 2/3 my brain cells last night in partying. I hardly slept, but my IQ still reamins at least 100 points higher than yours. Congratulations. You are oficially the stupidest poster on BigSoccer. Tha't quite an achievement after this past month of incredible stupidity on these boards!

20. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
    English 101. I know many on these boards have a hard time with this language so in an effort to help those in need f some assistance I offer the following lesson:

Subjective arguments - allow strong opinion because there is no definitive answer. Ie, who is the best defender in the world, what was the most classless act, who is the most stupid BigSoccer poster, why is there so much Italian jealousy on these boards, why do French players barely get touched and flop like ragdolls and everyone claims those are legit pk's yet when Grosso does the same thing these boards almost explode, etc.

Objective argumnets - opinion is really not an issue since the answer is based on fact and evidence. Ie, the sky is blue, the Earth is round, Italy are world cup champs, Totti had a new baby earlier this year and stated numerous times that he would dedicate his 1st WC goal to the child, many BigSoccer posters are idiots, etc.

21. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    I was merely pointing out the stupidity of bringing up legal refrences.

22. grapedog

grapedog New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    On the ocean
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

actually, Onrey faked being dazed yesterday too during the Final, the "trip" that got him the penalty kick early in the first half. He barely got touched...

if thats how Onrey acts after getting crazed by anything, he must have an emergency medical team on call around his house 24/7 when he stubs his toe, or gets bitten by a mosquito...

23. americandude12

americandude12 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 9, 2006
    down south
    who cares about the most classless act!!!! the question should be who is the sexiest player with the biggest c o c k :eek:

24. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    :D Great so you finally found a team which is worse than Italy... Great!! I think I foud 32 that are basically the same shit at sportmanship... BUt at least it seems that someone agrees with me on the first 20 minutes of the final...

25. grapedog

grapedog New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    On the ocean
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't remember the name of the other french player, but he threw two elbows around as well, and nearly head locked one of the italian players in the process once...

C Rinaldo will stick out to me as well, he's just a jackass...