Most Classless Act of the World Cup...

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Lothar is 1, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    Maybe I should have given some time on this one... so Zidane's act wasn't as fresh in your minds... but i thought of it now...

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    1. Figo
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Every single other Portuguese player with exception of their goalkeeper and Maniche.

3. pepsi

pepsi Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    De Rossi elbowing McBride in the face, surely that has to take 1st place

4. POR4EVA

POR4EVA New Member

Jun 27, 2006

You known NOTHING about football.

5. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    bitter ey?

you seemed to have forgotten a few Dutch players involved in much of the fracas

6. pepsi

pepsi Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Thinking about it a bit more, in no particular order because they aren't really compareable, but all pretty classless

De Rossi elbowing McBride
    Chipperfield handing Carlos' shirt back
    Zidane's headbutt
    All the diving in general heh

7. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    "Don´t cry for me Netherlands..."
    Hater.
    Obviously Boularouz, diving Robben, Van Persie and Kuyt plus the hacks Van Bommel and Sneijder don´t deserve mention.

8. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    I didnt notice this one... how/why did that go on?

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    My opinion of the Portuguese is hardly based on this world cup alone dear. Figo was falling over against the Dutch and the Portuguese were winning games that way long before Evil Bouhla started to play for us.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    See my reply to your mate.

Also, Kuyt being called a diver made me spat out my tea I was laughing that hard.

11. POR4EVA

POR4EVA New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    F*** Y**

12. kinou

kinou New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Poitiers
    no suggestins concerning racists comments...too bad.for me C.Ronaldo was the biggest clown of this world cup.he's such a great player he don't need all this"comedia"

13. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    let us not forget who dove to open the world cup final in germany back in 74...

plus Heittinga was the one who didnt play the ball back to the Portuguese after it went out...

(listen they got the better of you in 2002 WCQ, Euro2004, and WC06... seems to me its a bit more than "dirty" that theyre playing... might be time to show em the respect they deserve)

14. pepsi

pepsi Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I don't think anyone knows for sure lol, one of the trainers gave Carlos' shirt to Chipperfield as he walked past, Chipperfield looked at it, and handed it back and kept walking

Silly really, if for nothing else, it would have got a pretty good price on Ebay lol

edit : http://youtube.com/watch?v=pI71xmThzLs&search=chipperfield

My theory is he thought he was looking at the back of the shirt, and didn't see a name, and thought it was just some random training shirt or something heh

15. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    which were?

really... to me France was the biggest clown at this world cup... just didnt think overall team play was a single classless act... but if the sum total was figured in you were the dirtiest team by far...

Henry go down after slight tap of the foot, and sitting on the endline waving his hand in the air and not moving until the ref booked a Swiss player in their opening match....

Henry dive/fake eye injury vs spain... which replay should have had him suspended...

Henry dive vs Portugal... yes contact, but not what made him fall...

Ribery flop even before Christiano Ronaldo in the semi...

Henry faking injured and sitting at the center circle for 2 of the first 3 minutes of the World Cup final... when he clearly ran into Cannavaro's elbow... and it hit chest not eye... nor back of the head where he kept indicating to put the ice... which then when play resumed he was right back up and ready to go on the pitch....

Maloser flopping to earn a pk in the World Cup final...

Zidane... nuff said

going in I thought the Italians and Argies would battle for dirtiest team... you made the Italians look classy...

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Cruyff cheating? Now you're really grasping at straws mate, it's almost funny.

Perhaps when reviewing all of those alleged Dutch dives you might come to the conclusion that we've never actually won a game thanks to diving. Whereas for the Portuguese, the only way of scoring a goal against quality opposition this world cup was through a) cheating or b) a moment of genius by Maniche. The only recent Holland Portugal game I can think of where the Portuguese actually fully deserved to win was the Euro 2004 semis.

Anyway don't take my word for it. Half the world hates you now, you must at times wonder why that is.

17. POR4EVA

POR4EVA New Member

Jun 27, 2006

LOL you're such a sore loser... Will you spank my leg too...?

Best youthplayer: Poldi
    Best goalkeeper: Buffon
    Best player: Zidane
    Most entertaining Team: Portugal

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa

19. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zidane's headbutt and Boulharouz's horror tackle on Ronaldo
    were the gutter for this WC.

20. POR4EVA

POR4EVA New Member

Jun 27, 2006
  21. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    No one can take you serious, we have beaten Holland so many times that everything you say is influenced by your constant defeats, thus finding excuses everywhere.
    See you in 2008 :p

P.S. Prepare your excuses! ;)

22. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    i would put De Rossi's elbow way above Boulharouz's tackle... in fact it would be tough to say Boulharouz's tackle was even the worst in that game...

but this is giving me ideas for next time i pose this question like a month from now... when all the Zidane hatred has worn off to see if that one still stands

23. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France