Most Boring FA Cup Final EVER?!?!

Discussion in 'Cups & Competitions' started by Longsight Librero, May 20, 2007.

1. Longsight Librero

Longsight Librero New Member

May 15, 2007
    Manchester
    OK, the final yesterday was supposed to be one of the "greatest" apparently. Everyone was hyped and talking about it, the two biggest teams in England up against each other. But what we got got was a possesion, Liverpool style football match passing along the back-four, no pressure from the strikers at some occasions and just a plain boring game. As for the atmosphere, well i went to game, fantastic stadium, lovely pitch but no atmosphere. There was very little chanting from both fans, not like weve seen from the Millenium stadium before. But, my point is that the players were nervous both teams wanted to win so much they kept the ball in their own half sometimes, the only action was a goal that should have been rightly awarded to Man Utd, and then boring Chelsea had to score in the last minute of extra-time to seal off the misery and just repeat what they normally do in games, we'll wait to the nineteith minute and pile on the pressure and score... I just found it so... boring to watch and frustrating. It had the potential to be a great game, but it turned out to be a typical Premiership game for Chelsea, and a basic kick-around. Nowhere near as good as the Coventry vs Spurs game, which in my opinion was the most exciting final ever...

Your opinions on this, and why have games so *hyped* turned into a boring game, and a waste of money...?

2. dimitar-berbatov-9

dimitar-berbatov-9 New Member

May 16, 2007
    LONDON
    I fell asleep after 20 mins an only woke up at 70 mins coz my fone was ringing. point proven. and im glad u mentioned spurs coventry, very good game...

3. SweetLew

SweetLew New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Agreed match was not classic.
    In my opinion one of main reasson is that the two
    clubs in involded have played way too many games
    this season, not to add that the break between this
    season and last season was so short due to WC 06
    You were watching two teams whoi had many players
    who had nothing elt in the tank.
    The top scorers on each team were pretty much non
    factors, did Ronaldo touch the ball in OT, Drogba touched
    the ball twice, guess it was all he needed to do.

Anothe rproblem is the media hyped the game up so
    much that unless it was one of the most exciting matches
    ever played, it never stood a chance.

Great result though

4. cockney

cockney New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Trance Nation
    not entertaining at all. pity

5. atlanta

atlanta New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    atlanta
    what a bore-fest. Hopefully people who like to slam international football every opportunity they get will STFU now. I'm looking at you wenger. After the greatest footballing spectacle ever that was chelsea-liverpool (sarcasm) now we have this. The fact is, boring football happens in every league and every forms of competition.

6. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    22 players on the pitch, 2 strikers. Says it all really. The 4-5-1 formation should be banned....

7. dimitar-berbatov-9

dimitar-berbatov-9 New Member

May 16, 2007
    LONDON
    Not 4-5-1. Just Chelski and United

8. United Pumps

United Pumps New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    come from?
    Yes, United have been incredibly boring all season. Please ban us.

9. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Was correctly ruled out.
    And I don't think it was the only action. I spotted a nice-one two between Lampard and Drogba late on in extra time....

but Cup finals are often disappointing, and hyped games nearly always are. I agree though, it's still a shame. I remember before when the premiership was being first touted, and there was talk of a European-wide league, and Sky getting involved, the cynics, like me, were saying all they wanted was artificial games Arsenal v Man Utd every week, usually dead boring... slowly it's happening, i think....

10. Milliano

Milliano New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Maybe it's just the hype getting in the way.
    Contrary to all the hype, I expected a relatively boring match. I missed the (apparently pitiful) first half but the rest I thought was very entertaining. I can see why others would find it boring though... just depends on your taste and such. It's a cup final, and even as a neutral I find it to make each scoring chance that much more exciting --- everything is that much more on an edge. Like in the World Cup -- a lot of the matches were 'boring' in a general asthetic sense but gripping if you look at them in a competitive way.