Most Annoying Liberal Pundit - Full Bracket

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by CUS, Nov 23, 2004.

1. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
  2. Owen Gohl

Owen Gohl Member

Jun 21, 2000
    Sure are a lot of them, aren't there? A very competitive field too. The NE or Upper Right region is especially strong. My final four, based mostly on personality (would come up with a different group if I had to base it solely on their writings):

Michael Moore (in a class by himself)
    Eleanor Clift (main reason I stopped watching McLaughlin years ago)
    Michael Kinsley (excrutiating to watch or read)
    Lawrence O'Donnell (due to his "liar" rant against John O'Neil)

I don't know if I could name 64 conservative pundits unless I included the blogosphere.

3. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    To me, Eleanor Clift squashes all of the opposition like a grape. She is a human rasp without peer.

And the only other slamdunk is that Oliphant the Worm gets sent off first thing. He should really be disqualified prior to the start for being a contemptible worm, unworthy of serious consideration for anything, even for being annoying.

4. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000

borderline neg rep Smiley.

While Cliff (is it cliff or clift?) is annoying, she is nowhere near as bad as Garafolo. Clift only shows up on PBS or occasionally on the basic cable news channels. Garafolo is often seen screaming over a megaphone in the streets of new york leading a parade of hygenically challenged college youth. Garafolo is just angry, irrational, unfunny and ridiculous. I wish her parents were as pro choice as she is.

Interesting they have Andrew Sullivan, I don't put him in the same class as the rest of these idiots. Bill Maher claims to be a libertarian but if you hear him speak it's obvious that he is either lying or doesn't know what a libertarian is. Keith Obermann is a complete joke who might be the most dishonest host of any mainstream news show on the air. Chris Matthews? He's a jackass but he's a jackass to both liberals and conservatives alike - So I am not sure why he is on there. in fact I found it funny when Matthews had anti-Bush protestors on hardball and then completely bashed them for a good 10 minutes. Does anyone besides paristan left wingers think John Stewart is funny? He's the king of failed TV shows and all of the sudden he's funny simply because he makes fun of the President? If I want to watch partisan and biased comedians I'll stick to Dennis Miller, but at least I admit he's biased unlike Stewarts fans who insist he isn't taking sides. Some of the others in the brackets I've never heard of. Where are my homies Gore Vidal and Noam Chomsky?

This gives me an idea though, I'm going to bracketmaker.com with something interesting coming in the next few days.

5. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Heh heh you're just trying to get Barb to share a milkshake.

I give it to Clift easily, just because she's truly coyote ugly. Clift is still pretending to be a reporter, so she's not as obvious as Garofolo, but she's working diligently at Newsweek to slant the news as she's been doing for decades.

In the male category, I give it to Conason.

6. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Susan Estrich almost made election night unwatchable.

I read Molly Ivins about like Mel Brennen. I start reading, they don't make a point within the first two paragraphs to hold my attention, I go somewhere else.

Ya gotta think that Game 49 will be down to Carville vs. Moore. That would almost be entertaining.

Well, time to go shovel.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first day's voting went pretty much according to form. No real surprises.

I am glad that they included Jon Stewart. He stopped pretending to be non-partisan a long time ago.

Second day has some tougher choices: how do you pick between Perky Katie Couric and the Witch Helen Thomas?

And condescending Bill "I'm SOOOOO very much smarter than you" Moyers vs. Susan "WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE SHOOT THAT WOMAN???" Estrich cold be close as well.

http://www.crushkerry.com/article336.html

9. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm surprised This Guy didn't make the cut. Certifiable genius this is.

10. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    I think Michael Moore is ripe for defeat. Reportedly his conditioning is weak so late in the second half he becomes vulnerable. Plus big men like himself, Shaq and Duncan have troubles shooting free throws.