More US families are going hungry

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Nov 1, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Is this fact or fiction? You decide.

2. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    I did not have to read your post to know that is true for some families at least during some point in their life.

That is a time when they know real fear. A gun staring you in the face is not even close to that kind of fear.

When you come from a poor neigborhood you know that fear actually not you if your the kid, your mother knows that fear.

Think about how scarey that is for the parent.

3. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    The only Americans who go hungry in innercity neighborhoods are the ones to stupid or to lazy to walk to Food Pantries.
    Heck in cities like Chicago the pantries are in every neighborhood and even ones in the poorest neighborhoods have more food donations then they know what to do with at times.
    This doesnt mean there are not Americans who go hungry,just more then likely they live in areas you would never expect to see people going hungry.Its the ones in Small cities, and rural locations who do not have the safety net and usually suffer.
    The inner city if anything gets MORE then its fair share of handouts.

4. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Yes, because we all know that food pantries are open 24 hours, overstaffed, and NEVER run out of food.

5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    EVen some small cities have food pantries. When I was a teenager, I volunteered some time at the food pantry operated by the church parish that I was a member of at the time. I never remember the parish pantry running out of food, and there were poor people in there every day eating a hot meal.

6. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    That was how many years ago?

7. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    What is THAT supposed to mean? My name isn't Alex (sorry Alex).

8. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    At least we can say that these families have a lower standard of life.

Food banks are known to receive donations of "past date" foods that us regular folk don't have to buy, let alone eat.

Let them eat cake!