More likely with or without the Rams?

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by chapka, Aug 1, 2013.

1. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just wondering what St. Louisans think. Would it be better for a hypothetical St. Louis MLS bid if:

1) The Rams get their new stadium, that is "built for soccer" in the way every NFL stadium is built these days, and make noises about bidding on an MLS team the way Atlanta and Minnesota have been, or

2) The Rams head back to Los Angeles or off to London in 2015, leaving a hole in the St. Louis sports market that a team in a smaller revenue-controlled stadium could exploit.

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Option one.

However, if Kroenke has the land to build a billion dollar stadium, adding an attached or adjacent SSS is not that much more of an expense in the big picture.

3. Manderino

Manderino Member

Aug 21, 2008
    KCK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Who are viable owners with deep enough pockets? I just read up on Mr. Kroenke and had no idea he owned majority of the Arsenal, Nuggets, Avalanche, and the Rapids, holy hell.

He's with Wal-Mart..from Columbia and owns Arsenal...I already hate this guy.

But really..who else? Anheuser's or Busch's?? It seems like your guys biggest problem is owners. I'm pulling for STL over Minneapolis or Indy as SKCs next Midwest rival

4. Manderino

Manderino Member

Aug 21, 2008
    KCK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    additionally, look at Sporting Club...you don't necessarily need a billionaire..just a few good men that care about their city and have deep pockets

EDIT: Neal Patterson apparently surpassed 1 billion this year. carry on.

5. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mn United will be coming in first; then StL around 2020.