More Lies, and maybe some transfers[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by EstebanGranero23, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carry on, and I'm open to any changes to the title.

2. realmadridtalk

realmadridtalk New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Italy
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: More Lies, and maybe some transfers. [R]

Nice title mate ;)

It seems that Kaka is our first signing. In Italy, a newspaper confirms that Perez signed Kaka on the 16th of May, but Galliani asked him not to make it public until the season ends. I've heard that Perez will announce the deal during an interview he did with Guillem Balague on SkySports (I think it will be brodcasted tomorrow -- but not sure).

So now since Perez is officially the president he'll be able to make everything official. I was hoping that we get Ancelotti but alas, Chelsea hired him (it is official) which leaves us with Pellegrini.

I'm not really sure If Pelegrini is the right one for us, but he seems to be the only good candidate at the moment.

What are your thoughts?

3. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Not sure what to make of this Kaka business - I would love to see him in our white shirt, but I won't believe it until it's official, seems like we have done the deal from the various reports so far though.

On the topic of Pelegrini? Proven in La Liga so that's a start, seem to be a very smart manager, I hope we can expect great things of him if he is announced as manager.

It's only his first day back on the job, but I expect him to shake things up quite rapidly.

Exciting times, let's just hope we can build something that is sustainable.

4. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pellegrini is also proven in the CL. I doubt Villarreal's semi final run a couple of years ago was a fluke.

5. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Also a valid point ^

6. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I don't think it's as simple as you're saying , Kaka will be a tricky transfer , that is for sure.

I've always rated Pellegrini highly , I voted for him on the " Who should be manager 2009-2010" thread, If Juande didn't mess up so badly after the Barca game , he still might've been with Real... I just hope whoever takes over next year doesn't leave before January :rolleyes:

7. loverealmadrid

Feb 25, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumor...t Xabi Alonso, Kaka, Villa, Silva and Ronaldo

Balague states that we are in talking terms with all these players.

What baffles me that we arent linked with any defender.

Doesnt Perez see that the first thing this team needs is a starting lb and cb.

May be Perez hasnt changed and we will again suffer under him after a few joys.

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

The link mentions Albiol as well.

9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid

@lovemadrid see below

taken from the other thread (an el pais article):

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

This article also implies what the el pais article said, that if the ronaldo transfer happens it'll be late in the window as perez is in no hurry and is trying to negotiate the fee. So if united sign valencia should we be fairly confident that the ronaldo deal is almost done?

Also, if floro is going to sign silva AND ribery AND ronaldo would he then have to sell or trade robben. I think so. Bayern would probably take him as well. So would city and shitpool might be interested as well if they are unable to get silva but thats a long shot.

11. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I only wonder how much they would pay for some our player such as Robben and Sneijder, + all the other player whom are vunerable for transfer.

What is most ironic the untouchables are Cassilas, Lassana, Ramos, and Higuain, I dont see Raul there. :D:D

12. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

You're just as bad as the Milan Ultras , Raul is our top scorer ever , get that through your thick skull , it's people like you that keep Raul going, keep it coming ;)

13. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These big names are all great, but I'm a little cautious about all this.

What's the tactical lineup going to be like having the likes of Kaka, CR, Ribery, Silva, Villa, and X.Alonso?

Some of these guys (if all of them do end up coming) are going to have to be on the bench and I'm not sure how some of them will handle that especially with the WC coming up next summer. I'm also concerned that Higuain's progress will get hampered with all these attacking players coming in.

14. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Concerns, concerns... Just let the Superior Being worry about that.

15. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    In theory, they could all fit into one line-up bar one player, most likely Ribery/Silva looking at it. One signing too many really.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thats what i was thinking as well. Ribery, silva, robben and ronaldo would be too much. (if this is possible at all).

Like i said earlier, if ribery, silva and ronaldo come then robben will have to pack his bags and take his achy breaky body elsewhere.

17. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I didn't' even take Robben into consideration. He will leave if those other players come, and even with him gone, it's one signing too many of that kind of quality.

18. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

One or two on this so called list may have to be discarded for the sake of not having to force Pellegrini's hand on who to field. In an ideal situation, Pellegrini (if it's true that he's already signed on as coach) should be working hand-in-hand with Valdano to construct a solid unit of players that'll produce the best possible football under Pellegrini's system while still adhering to Sr. Perez's "grandeur" marketing plan.

Again, this is the ideal way to go and I really do hope that Valdano is taking a stronger hold on this and not letting Florentino commit the same mistakes as last time. Let the damn coach and sporting director do their jobs.

19. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Sure let us buy all those players (in August if possible), will think about team chemistry later in the season.
    It's funny how easily some of the fans get manipulated. Most of you were against Perez and what he represents but when thinking about all those superstars we'll be getting in one summer you are in heaven.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think pellegrini won't have much of a say in transfers which will be handled by valdano and obviously perez will have the final say.

I think if we are able to get 2 out of ribery, ronaldo and silva we would be golden. Even if we let robben go we would still have plenty of wide attacking players.

21. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's funny how you you have nothing positive to say , it's clear what you want to do here.

22. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should. Otherwise what the hell is the point in having him here as coach? I think he'll have a say, but Valdano will be working with him in regards to who he can get/who's best for whatever position. Like you said, though, Florentino will have the final say in whether to go ahead with the transfer.

23. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  24. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Sounds like an excellent deal to me.