More Kornheiser Magic!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jeffresistor, Nov 18, 2004.

1. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still think the way to deal with Korholio is this (as described in numerous previous Kornhole is an @sshole threads):

Lure him to RFK under some sort of pretense "Yeah Tony we think soccer sucks too, let's go look at how those baseball lines look at RFK" and then tie him into the goal and let Esky, Freddy, and Stokes (remember that shot he had?) shoot PKs at him. We could film him crying like a pvssy the first time he takes one in the grill.

I have no doubt Wilbon would love to show the footage on PTI just to stick it in has ass.

Just an idea. But the mindfilm of it looks pretty good anyway.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Kevin Payne was on Sports Talk on News Channel 8 tonight and said the turnout was closer to 1500 and he knows because they gave out tickets. He said it was a shame nobody from the Washington Post bothered to check their facts.

3. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh lord, I think I'm gonna cry because that mean ass troll was picking on me.

Oh wait, no I'm not.

Look, DenverTrollBoy, PSU is a friend of mine and none of this is any of your business and if you think I give a rat's ass about your opinion of me, you're sorely mistaken.

Just go away and mind your own business, please.

4. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe the Post used the Park Police to estimate the crowd size.

5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Same here. I have my signed pennant from last year hanging up in my cube, and methinks my now blissfully-outdated 3-star scarf might be going up there too. :D

6. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Awwwww.....does little Barbara wanna tissue? I'm so sorry! Did I hurt your feelings?? :D

If you can't handle any criticism you dish out I suggest you shut your sorry ass up and go home. Crying and b!tching on a message forum aint gonna help you. And I don't give a damn if Piece-of-s**t-U or whatever his name is is your friend. Don't call out DCU...hell, ALL SOCCER FANS and not expect to get a response. GOT IT?

Now, as for this issue I agree with the RESONABLE people here who aren't calling for TKs head but I can also sympathize with DCU fans who feel that they have to say something about it. If one of our sports editor's here decided to awards the Rapids success (yes yes I know it's few and far between :) ) by dissing my team in the local news I'd write to him too. I think what everyone is suggesting by sending their letters to the managing editor is a good idea. You guys just brought a 4th championship to DC. That kind of behavior really shouldn't be tolerated.

Good luck to you guys in whatever you can accomplish.

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Unless there were 2 people from Post, that guy was a bitter old man that told CSC to "keep the amateurs out" and then looked like he was going to explode when FO guys let my amateur butt through to take pics of team :D

"Love me daddy" -- Kornholer

8. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not really sure that I can overstate the depth of my indifference to your opinion of me. Seriously. People I have actual respect for like me so I don't need you. I'm sorry if that makes you feel bad about your Cobi-sized organ but that's not my fault. Take that up with God.

What you don't see here is that TK really doesn't care a fig about what we think or about DC United or about soccer. He gets little tiny woodies over pissing us off. Therefore, I refuse to let him piss me off.

Hmm.... what does that remind me of......

Oh yeah! Trolls!

9. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I'm sure it must piss off the washington sports media that the only great organization in town is dc united. Look at what else they have to cover: Redskins, Capitals, Bullets, Orioles, and Mystic. Yuck. You would think they would want to promote United considering it is the only good team in town. Unless they are masochists and actually enjoy all of the losing in a really sick way.

10. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Kornheiser should have ended up a stain on his parent's mattress.

11. eurojack

eurojack Member

Jun 29, 2001
    DID YOU NOT READ THE ARTICLE???

Here is the ONE THING that Tony said was wrong:

His major point was that Peter Nowak should be FIRED because he did not start Adu in the opening match, and in subsequent matches.

This is a completely ludicrous notion. A coach in any sport should be concerned with winning games above everything else. But Kornholer thinks that he should be fired for benching Adu even though he won the championship just because MLS promoted the hell out of Adu.

I, for one, am glad that Nowak didn't buckle to any pressure from MLS and had the balls to leave Adu on the bench and slowly bring him along. I think United, the fans and Adu have benefitted.

12. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Its not my job to stick up for my fellow DC United fans especially when they are being insane.

13. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tony is calling for him to be fired (which he is absolutely 100% serious about BTW :rolleyes: - not like he is known for writing in a tongue-in-cheek style or anything) along with Payne & Garber everyone else from MLS responsible
    for marketing Freddy.

He is saying people went to the games to see Freddy play & he didn't get in until the end of the games most of the time. Some people might be upset by this. "I paid to see this Adu kid & he barely played. What a rip?"

You might not agree with it but, its a legit point of view.

He has probably gotten 15 million e-mails from people bitching @ him about this all season. He saw his chance to goad these people again.

Its like waving a red cape in front of a Bull.

14. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    and at the end of the day, even if the bull gets a shot in on you - you get to feast on it.

Don't be the bull. ;)

15. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW -- Mr. Tony devoted half of his article to DC United - have you people not heard of the expression "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

If there is something you want to call Mr. Tony (& Wilbon for that matter) out on is the fact that they didn't even give DC United a mention on PTI this week IIRC.

That is something that upsets me far more than any negative article.

16. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jerry Lee Lewis on Line 2.

17. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL!!

I'll give you that one.

18. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    Editor: "Holy sh!t, Tony... look at these 'Letter to the Editor' responses I have received from all these whiny, furious readers!!!! What the hell did you write"?? :eek:
    Tony Korny: "oohh, just the usual soccer-bashing banter. It works every time". :cool:
    Editor: "Well then, keep up the good work! The more readers you bring in, the merrier".

Go ahead people... write some more letters. Give him reason to continue.
    The more you send, the more congrats he'll get from his boss.

You want to hand him defeat?: Just. Don't. Respond.
    At all.

Simple as that.

19. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    My local pub is a sports bar. Every time I go there, seems like Kornhole and his lackey are on one of the screens....
    I make it a point to make sure that his audio never reaches my ears, and i never, ever ever buy any product that his show advertises. This is the true benchmark by which all television projects are measured. "What was our share, and what did our advertisers sell?"
    So let em all bugger the local sheep.
    I will never support any product they advertise, and I will not listen to the drivel of the moronic.

20. eurojack

eurojack Member

Jun 29, 2001

Sorry, but you're insane. I still don't understand why you agree with TK's argument that a coach who wins the championship in his sport should be fired for not starting a particular player.

Give me a few examples of where this sort of mentality is practiced in any sport (by that, I mean give me an example of where a championship winning coach was fired because he didn't start a certain player.)

If he wants to chastise MLS or DC United for promoting Freddy, that's understandable. But, in no way, was Nowak at fault for any reason.

21. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Read the rest of the piece from today. It's all tongue in cheek, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that he lurks here cracking up every time he says something which is clearly ridiculous and dozens of people get their panties in a knot about it.

22. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    If Tk is a footie coach, i will eat my beer glass....until that wasterel bothers to learn that in soccer no player is worth more than the best for the team i wont bother to listen to his sputum...what a looser wanker pos...

23. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    He said on his show one day this week that he won't talk about soccer unless it is to make fun of it, because it's an easy target. Then he congratulated DC and went into his "eriF kawoN" tirade. At least he gives the team credit, unlike the failed DJ (Czaban) and failed announcer (Smithers, I mean Pollin). Screw them all.

Thx,

Jay!

24. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Here's an interesting off-season-time-waste thread that we should start. A master "boycott" list of products that advertise during these idiots shows. We've gotta watch ESPN/2/ABC even though they carry TK, because they carry MLS and soccer in general. But we can certainly not buy the products advertised on his show. And his radio show, and the SR's radio show. Heck, I'm willing to call the people who advertise on their shows and let them know why I won't buy their stuff. If anyone else is up for it, start the thread.

Thx,

Jay!

25. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    What would be better than a boycott would be a massive letter writing campaign. It would be better to do this to ESPN, maybe the president of the network, or the guy who produces sportscenter rather than to PTI or another opinion show. Everyone should write a handwritten letter, and tell others they know who like soccer to do the same. Send them all to a single person, then they can deliver them in a giant sack to the ESPN offices, reminiscent of the scene in Miracle on 34th Street. Imagine a sack of 5,000 letters; that would really drive our point home. You could also involve the hispanic/eurosnob community to complain about no champions league coverage, or mexican league, whatever. Hell, the FCC fines people over a handful of complaints (see the "Married By American" controversy), so it would be worth a shot.