More fan problems in Rome

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by sinner78, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=453165&cc=5739

This time it was Lazio in the headlines.
    Some Romanian fans were knifed last night in Rome. Travelling fans still cant go to Italy and expect to see the game without getting stabbed by some slimey ultra I see .While the local riot police just sit back and watch.

2. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Dinamo has a very loyal and sometimes crazy fanbase. Lazio Ultras or Hooligans would not be wise to go to Bucuresti.

3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    obviously this thread is going to be modded closely people.

4. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Then finish them off in the stadium.

5. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    yes that is where the roman fans are famous for in the hooligan world of europe.
    stabbing, and stabbing non hooligan fans.
    Normally only the AS Roma fans do this kind of stuff, for this reason I'm surprised that this is about Lazio fans.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    We should just have one thread titled "same old Itys" and throw in all the videos of donkeys in Italian club jerseys committing red card offenses on the field and links to articles reporting on neanderthals committing crimes outside decrepit 400 year-old Italian stadia.

Once the thread hits about 500 posts by mid-November, we can start another one.

7. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Hooliganism is everywhere in Europe every weekend.
    Poland England Holland Italy Yugoslavia Russia Greece Turkey everywhere.
    But in England, Holland, Belgium, Germany etc the police is in control, you can't do anything anymore, you can't get close to the opposing fans, you get even set in special tubes from the train station. except for european matches. So if you want to do something you have to do it a day or 2 days before the match. In Italy and southern and eastern Europe you have much more chance to attack the other group.

8. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Italian government refuse to take responsibility for their poor policing measures. In their eyes it is always the fault of the visiting fans. The problem will never be solved until they're willing to admit they have a problem.

9. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true, the roman police (in other towns attitude towards this kind of stuff is very different and much more stricter....) behavior is really inexcusable.....they make it seem like "folklore", always minimizing, they don't really care about fans carrying knives (which is THE problem), they just hope they don't use them against italian ultras and close two eyes when foreign fans are beaten or stabbed.....an utter shame. Oh, and last night besides stabbings there were also some racist chants....hopefully Lazio get kicked out of europe for good.

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Where is that Napoli fellow to defend the savages?

11. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Funny how Uefa consider Rome a safe place for fans, but not those evil German terraces.

12. memnoch999

memnoch999 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Nothing new with that racist stuff. Lazio was always a breeding place for fascist soccer fans. A shame! Hopefully they will get kicked out by Dinamo.

13. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL You rang?

I hate Lazio, I hope they get kicked out as well. Concerning matters outside of the stadium, ROME is a VERY LARGE City, it's nearly impossible to regulate EVERY PERSON who is carrying a CONCEALED WEAPON. The offenders have been identified and arrested, if that helps anyone sleep better.

Proceed with the witch hunt!

14. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just goes to show how much you really know. Lazio ultras are more dangerous actually.

15. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At least we're not killing each other like in Argentina...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/soccer/08/09/bc.soccer.latam.argentina.violence/index.html

[​IMG]

16. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is this the racist chanting you were referring to?
    [youtube]gYPII8YCrF4[/youtube]

17. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    We aren't asking for every person in the whole city to be regulated but those around the soccer stadium on a European fixture night should be watched with extra caution considering the last few incidents. Not to mention the stabbed Romanians live in Italy.

18. Spion Kopite

Spion Kopite New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I thought UEFA said Liverpool fans were the worst in Europe? I guess they think a few people trying to bunk into a game for free is a worse crime than people going around stabbing and slashing and trying to kill others.

19. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This thread is on thin ice

20. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I'm talking about in Europe, AS Roma is known for stabbing. Maybe in Italy Lazio is known for that. But in the rest of Europe Lazio is only known for their fascists.
    I know enough, I know a few people that were stabbed in Roma by AS fans, they weren't hooligans at all, just a few people who look nerdy and who wanted to watch a game and visit Roma.

21. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    It's getting interesting...

22. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What is wrong with you people with all your anti italian discrimination, i just had this conversation on the united board, everything that happens in italy that is even remotely bad gets completely blown up and made into a huge thing, remember all the moaning when milan got to the final, well they did not do anything and non of you were bothered at the start of the cl, seems like sour grapes to me, italy has one of the richest footballing cultures in the world and at the moment is still better than your mls so dont try and advise them on their league when they are obviously out of your league, i thought with lots of italians being in america you would have love for serie A, jealousy and racism comes to mind :(

23. memnoch999

memnoch999 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Don't know to which posts you were referring to and to which not. In my case it was complaining about the racist fan behavior of quite a reasonable number of Lazio fans.....as they are very well known for that since many years.....and racism has to be bashed wherever it appears.
    But you are right talking about one of the richest footballing cultures in the world.
    Frankly.....when we all had this debate in the other thread "The EPL is the best league in the world." "No, La Liga is the best." and all this other BlahBlah.....I had to wonder a few times whether Milan, Inter and Juve fans reading this would sit at home with a big smile in their face preparing for a lot of laughter when their teams beat our teams asses in the future. ;)

24. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was not just this thread but their have been lots of thread in the last few months made purely for the english/american/german fans to take shots at serie a and try and bring it down, milan is my second team so i have a soft spot for serie A so it hurts when people label serie a as racist or defensive, their have been more goals in serie a for the last 3 years

25. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    zippy85 = worst sockpuppet in BS
    Somebody can this clown.

Tell that to the romanians who got stabbed.

MLS??
    There isnt a single MLS fan in the thread (apart from you)
    Taxi for you ,socky sock.