More evidence that Christian Fundies are a threat to America

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Richth76, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
  2. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Maybe we should just take Robertson and Jesse Jackson and give them an island to form a country and then they can fight it out to be president of Moronia!

3. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    Why waste money on an island. I propose a pay-per-view event. Fatal Four-way with Robertson, Jackson, Fallwell, and Sharpton. The winner gets Farrakan in a knife fight.

4. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO

Yes!!!!!!!!

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you can count Sharpton out, that fucker's already lost one knife fight. Too bad they were only superficial wounds.

6. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    Back to the topic at hand. Doesn't it bother anyone else that a man of Robertson's stature, with the number of followers he has, is calling for a nuclear device to be set off in our nation's capital??????

7. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, the conservative agenda for many Christians (abortion, sex education, etc..) has caused them to side with a party that supports these issues, while all of their lying, misrepresentation, and warmongering has been brushed aside as a false accusation by the "liberal" media.

Many fundamentalist Christians see Bush as God's choice as the leader of the United States, see the US as the only nation standing between the world and eternal damnation, and see the rest of the world as a pit of despair that can only be saved through US manifest destiny. Pat Robertson calls his viewers to prayer to stop the vicious attacks by the media on God's chosen leader. It's a joke, and makes me sad an entire segment of the Christian church is allowing social agendas to block their view of right and wrong (last time I looked, lying was in the same list as adultery, and Christ had more compassion for an adulteress than for hypocritical pharisees).

Pat Robertson does not speak for a majority of Christians, and thank God for that.

8. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Best idea i've heard today.

9. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    I think I would be more scared if I knew the exact number. The man has his own tv network that someone must be watching.

10. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Originally posted by Malaga CF fan
    Unfortunately, the conservative agenda for many Christians (abortion, sex education, etc..) has caused them to side with a party that supports these issues, while all of their lying, misrepresentation, and warmongering has been brushed aside as a false accusation by the "liberal" media.

Unfortunately, this is very true.

Many fundamentalist Christians see Bush as God's choice as the leader of the United States,

Actually, the Christian position is that God appoints all of our leaders. Bush, Clinton, Nixon, etc...

see the US as the only nation standing between the world and eternal damnation,

I have never heard a Christian say anything remotely close to this.

and see the rest of the world as a pit of despair that can only be saved through US manifest destiny.

You are close. US Christians give more money, time, and volunteer efforts towards easing bad conditions in other countries than any other country. But I've never heard a Christian appeal for the government to do the job thru 'Manifest Destiny'...

Pat Robertson does not speak for a majority of Christians, and thank God for that.

Now I do agree with that...

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, no.

CBN is no more and hasn't been around for many years. It became "The Family Channel," then was bought by News Corp and became "Fox Family," then was bought by Disney and became "ABC Family." About the only remnant of its CBN past is that they're contractually obligated to show the 700 Club.

But beyond that, the 700 Club is also carried on hundreds of over-the-air stations across the country through time-buys, so the reach of the crap that he's spewing is widespread.

And frankly, I object to the title of this thread. I would venture to say that most fundamentalist Christians consider themselves as being represented by Pat Robertson and furthermore believe that he's a wingnut who obscures their message.

12. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    I'm sure some islamic fundamentalist feel the same way about Osama, but oh well.

This thread is not an attack on Christianity, but an attack on those who use to push their negative agenda.

DOES IT NOT BOTHER ANYONE THAT HE SAID WHAT HE SAID? He has given support to a NUCLEAR ATTACK on American soil!!!!!!!!!

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, some things are so self-evident that they don't require any sort of discussion. Besides, ever since 9/11, Messrs. Robertson and Falwell have really ramped up the looniness, so it doesn't even fall into the category of "shocking" anymore.

14. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    I'm sorry, but when that looniness involves advocating the detonation of a nuclear device three miles from my house, I get upset.

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps in the future, if you don't intend to attack fundamentalist Christians in general, then you might want to stay away from thread titles like "More evidence that Christian Fundies are a threat to America."

That way, you'll keep people from jumping to the obviously rash conclusion that you're tarring all fundamentalist Christians with the same brush as Pat Robertson.

16. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Originally posted by Richth76
    I'm sure some islamic fundamentalist feel the same way about Osama, but oh well.

This thread is not an attack on Christianity, but an attack on those who use to push their negative agenda.

Might I then suggest a thread title of "Idiot Robertson says Nuke the State Department!"

DOES IT NOT BOTHER ANYONE THAT HE SAID WHAT HE SAID? He has given support to a NUCLEAR ATTACK on American soil!!!!!!!!!

His statements have as much affect on me as, say, Michael Moore...

17. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    Not funny. After being here on 9/11, I can tell you that I don't find Mr. Robertson comments at all amusing.

What scares me is the posibilty that some whack job somewhere will listen to him and follow through with an OKC style attack. But never mind me and my Spejic style conspiracy theory.

18. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    Since I'm getting bashed, here are some more fundies that scare the bejeebus out of me.

http://www.ingodstime.com/60 Minutes.htm

---
    And the three million Palestinians who live on the West Bank and Gaza? McAteer suggests the bulk of

them could be cleansed from this God_given real estate and moved to some Arab country. Nothing can come

between the Jews and their land. In fact, many fundamentalists believe that when Prime Minister Rabin signed

the Oslo Accords and offered to trade land for peace, it was not only a mistake, it was a sin

---

19. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Mr. Robertson also said that God would bring judgment on Orlando, FL and DisneyWorld during the first Gay Days there a couple of years ago. He's a proven blowhard.

Taken from skeptictank.org (first thing that came up when I typed "Pat Robertson Disney" into Google)
    "On the June 8 edition of his "700 Club" show (released to the media by Americans United for Separation of Church and State), Robertson denounced Orlando and Disney World for welcoming gay tourists to the theme park during a privately sponsored "Gay Days" weekend. Robertson predicted dire consequences.

Noting that the city government allowed the display of rainbow flags on light poles, the TV preacher warned that acceptance of homosexuality could result in hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, terrorist bombs and "possibly a meteor."

On today's show, Robertson returned to the subject.

"And you know, as I've been reading and praying, we had quite a flap the other day when we were talking about that gay pride day in Orlando and everybody laughed, but nevertheless, here's what I saw in the Bible," Robertson said.

Noting that the Florida fires are often caused by lightning, Robertson cited biblical prophecy. Quoting from Revelation 8:7, Robertson said, "'There was an angel who sounded,' it said, 'his trumpet and there came hail and fire' -- and, of course, fire is lightning -- 'and it was hurled down upon the earth.'...And that's exactly what is happening."

Quoting from another passage in the Bible, Robertson said people must "turn from their wicked ways" and pray to bring rain and stop the fires. He urged city councils, mayors and religious leaders to declare days of fasting and prayer."

20. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    NICE!

And Fallwell blamed 9/11 on *#*#*#*# too!

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/

There goes Cheney's Iraq-9/11 linl :)

21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the Fatal four wall match. Will it be in the "Hell in the Cell".

22. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    Ask Vince McMahon...or Satan (Some would say they're the same guy).

What if it was an 8 man "last man standing" death match?

Jackson, Sharpton, Fallwell, and Robertson versus
    OBL, Saddam, Kim Jong Il, and Arafat?

Winner gets Castro in a "castration" match.

23. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 questions. Who wouldn't pay to see that? Would that be the biggest pay-per-view draw in history? That would outdraw Tyson/Holyfield II by 20 million homes...

24. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are Mowbray's comments not a federal crime under the charge of "making terroristic threats"?

25. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selective enforcement.