More backlash against the record industry: Teens like vinyl

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Achtung, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Protoculture redded

Apr 21, 2006
    your right at some things but ur wrong also. First of all vinyl is dying, and will no longer be avialable after 2009. cd decks and cd formats are at a way higher point, most djs now a days are switching to cd decks and leaving vinyl behind. if u say so that teenagers are buying vinyl, maybe a couple kids but for the most part their downloading tracks or buying them from itunes. ne ways vinyl is dying and will so.

2. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Just head down to Amoeba music on Sunset or the one in Berkeley. Hordes of faux punk Avril Lavigne look-a-likes and EMO teens buying Vinyl.

Teens these days are becoming either more aware or just following another trend.

3. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my system includes a Linn Sondek LP-12 with a "cheap" Grado TLZ cartridge. the problem is that my amp/preamp combo is wrong for my speakers. oh, well.

4. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I don't see the point of vinyl in today's world.

5. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm 22 and I love vinyl. Maybe it's because I've grown up in the NJ/NY hardcore scene where bands put out 7" while they are coming up but I still buy a ton of vinyl when I can.

6. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah... i own 500+ records... maybe more (never actually counted)... i also have a couple of Technics turntables to listen to them...