Moor vs. Wynne

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Captain10, Nov 18, 2008.

?

Would you rather have Drew Moor or Marvell Wynne for right back?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2008.
  1. Drew Moor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Marvell Wynne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Captain10

Captain10 Member

Jul 26, 2000
    Marietta, GA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again Marvell Wynne was left off the roster and, this time, Drew Moor was added instead.

While Moor is a decent MLS-level right back, he has shown that he is not an international level player (2 errors that cost goals in a single NATs game.)

On the other hand, Wynne is an up-and-coming player with all sorts of upside -- yet he still fails to get the call up. (Perhaps he has an injury?)

Would you prefer Wynne or Moor on this team?

2. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This time I think Moor is less, so I vote for Wynne.

3. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets see...

moor had a nice cross that resulted in the Jozy goal vs Mexico.... HOWEVER, that very same game his poor marking on set pieces allowed his mark to net a brace.....

wynne started off as an athletic reck-loose, but in the olympics and the end of the season he showed he is a right back capable of great things....

id take wynne over moor any day.... wynne's offensive aid is proof enough that he can be quality...

4. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand why Wynne wasn't called up, Wynne's the one that's been improving and has been in good form. Moor is 6' tall and let a 5'9" player score on him twice in one game and is older than Wynne, he should never get called up. Wynne has to be injured or in Europe trying out for a team.

5. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my only theory is to add a little more exp. to the back line.... but even that is thin... i agree, there is no reason moor should have been called in over wynne

6. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I believe Wynne may have suffered a concussion or an injury during his final TFC game. Perhaps that is why he was left off? Either way, I'd take Wynne over Moor any day of the week.

7. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Saying that Moor doesn't deserve anymore looks because of those 2 goals in one game isn't fair. Sure, those are some major mistakes and in soccer are usually killer, but he's not the only one on the Nats that has continually f'ed up leading to goals. I don't remember his other games being that bad, and he had a good game in Copa except for a missed sitter. Either way, I voted for Wynne because of his upside but he can either go the way of Hedjuk (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) or be something truly special all round.

8. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this shouldnt even be open to debate, quite possibly BB's most perplexing mancrush.

I really, reallly, really hope this is the last we see of Drew Moor. The sooner Spector and Simek get into the fold the better. Simek just missed out i think on fitness barely. He was close, but i cant say i have any complaints with him not being there right now.

If Wynne is healthy he should be ahead of Moor.

9. moytoy12

moytoy12 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    We agree on something! :)

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Magallon is 5'10 1/2.

11. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    simply saying that we'd rather see wynne get his shot over a guy who played poorly the last time we saw him... wynne has more of an up side... younger, more athletic, better in the attack as well as the defense....

12. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Guys...There is something that is troubling me from a long time.....Is Marvel Winne a defender...? On the U 18 world cup against Argentina he was playing a different position and was more on the attack side ....Was I having hallucinations...?

13. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what his wiki page says, before Vela went to Arsenal he was listed as 5'11.5" but somehow shrunked to 5'9" a week after arriving. I've seen him against South American players and he's not taller than 5'10".

14. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you seen Dani Alves played? Same style.

15. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you weren't. Wynne is The Flash. He may appear to be securing ourdefense, but a split second later he's pillaging their defense.

The man is everywhere. He is omnipresent.

16. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's a defender, but he gets into the attack ALOT, simply due to the fact he has the athletic ability to outrun anyone to get back on defense

17. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wynne makes jaws drop when he sees an opening up the pitch. Goalkeepers crap their pants, then find out he cant shoot or cross, lol. Hope he makes the switch to holland in january to help that out even a little bit.

he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Frankie Hejduk. He's just working on his stepovers ;)

18. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the real question here is: Moor or mcnaulty (the 19-yo, left footed, intramural goalkeeper)?

And hair (Frankie's hair glorious, the beard is a nice addition :p).
    And quotes (Frankie is a quote machine).

It's official, I have a man-crush

19. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was going to make the comparison of him and hejduk, but refrained as some may see that as a major negative....

did you see the last couple game highlights of TFC?? i think Wynne scored twice in the last couple of games... and they were nice shots as well... perhaps a turning point in his game?? he just needs to learn how to cross... easily enough, a couple weeks of hard work and staying late after practice and he might just improve his overall game

20. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly I think he is getting too old to develop his soccer basics (think EJ). If he's gonna move he's gotta do it now and to a lower European league (Holland was suggested).

However, the comparisons to Heydude are not necessarily a bad thing. IMO having a big, strong, physical player in the NATS player pool, playing in MLS, and used for early qualifying purposes is good. Heydude and Ching have been very valuable in that regard over the years

Maybe a transfer to LA? They could use some defense, and that Beckham guy taught Landon how to cross this year...

21. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're under the assumption that beckham is coming back next season :p

22. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How silly of me. I guess Wynne will have to follow him to AC Milan...:rolleyes:

23. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well with over half of their team on the brink of retirement, im sure they'd have an opening :D

24. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    Good to see the Bradley bunch in good form. You love his USMNT selections without question and now this love affair over Wynne? Why? What has Wynne done to merit such love?

25. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your posts are ranking up there with Whip.... you are showing you are incapable of taking subjective criticism... someone has a difference in opinion and you resort to petty insults....

wynne finished his season on a high note, notching 2 goals in a few games down the stretch.... on top of that he also had a stellar Olympics.... we are merely pointing out that wynne is more deserving the Moor..