Montserrat

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by theworm2345, Nov 6, 2006.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Good news from Montserrat , they confirmed in email to me that they will be playing World Cup qualifiers :)

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yay!
    I wish they had played in the Caribbean Cup as I would have been able to see highlights then, but I'll take this

3. hura

hura Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Bayamón, Puerto Rico
    What the f@ck are you talking about Intru!!!! The past and present soccer fed leaders are the same, a bunch a crooks lazy bastards... sad but true. Too much plans but no action, i repeat NO ACTION. Hopefully FIFA will take control of the situation (again) and PR will be ready for the 2026 WC.

Sorry, I know Mr. Serralta is founder and still part of the Islanders FC management and with that he made a huge contribution to PR soccer... but with the fed is another story.

4. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can buy a 80min documentary - including about 20mins of the game - from http://www.theotherfinal.com/

Very, very good.

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Man what happen to the good old days of the AFA, yes the old PR Fed had the same name as the current Argentinian fed.

6. hura

hura Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Bayamón, Puerto Rico
    yes, the big man, Paco Bueso. PR really need another futbol leader like him... fast.

7. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I just watched The Other Final, it was a very good film, and I look forward to seeing (or at least reading about) Montserrat in the future, especially the 2010 qualifiers :)
    I wish they would get a website for their FA or at least an email address though, the old one was taken off the FIFA website

8. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  9. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I don't think Montserrat will be playing any games until the World Cup Qualifiers next year.

10. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  11. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  12. boricua10

boricua10 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Bayamon, Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    i hope montserrat improves ..if PR can tie Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras(which had thier starting 11)...

thiers no reason why our fellow caribbean countries cant too

13. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  14. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Apparently Montserrat had a good training session yesterday and will be touring Trinidad and Tobago from May 7th to 18th and will play a match in Montserrat on Saturday, May 21st at 6 pm. This according to coach Kenny Dyer.

15. SocaWarrior23

SocaWarrior23 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    College Park MD
    Worm are they playing versus T&T?

16. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No mention, but I doubt it, probably some clubs.

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The North, Central America and Caribbean Zone will contest play-off matches in June 2011 in order to reduce the number of teams included in the Preliminary Draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ in Rio de Janeiro on 30 July 2011.

The region’s ten lowest ranked teams according to March’s FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking were paired against each other to produce a series of five play-off matches which will be played on a two-legged, home and away basis.

Montserrat-Belize

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1424713/index.html?cid=twitter_voiceofthesite

18. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does anyone know when these games between Montserrat and Belize are going to take place? I've heard that they have to be played by June 17th.

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

Bahamas qualifiers are postponed to July , so I dont think that June 17 is deadline for the playoffs.

Nothing about the playoff matches on fifa.com fixtures even if it is just 10 days to go until June 3

20. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for that. Yes, I would have expected something to be on the FIFA website by now!

21. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The deadline for completion of the 2 legs is 17th JULY, not June.

British Virgin Islands v US Virgin Islands has also been postponed to July (3rd and 10th).

So, I guess Montserrat v Belize may be in July too. Where will Montserrat's home leg be played?

22. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm not sure. I've tried to get in contact with the Montserrat FA about it, but neither of the e-mail addresses I've been given seem to work. The Belize Football Federation says that provisional dates of June 12th and 19th have been set for the two games

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

I emailed Montserrat FA and they replied me fast.

They are playing on July 8 and 10.

24. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    both matches in Belize??

25. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Belize FA replied me also :

"The games are schedule to play on the 15th June in Trinidad & Tobago
    and on the 19th June in Belmopan City."