Montreal match on Aug 25

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by GlennAA11, Jul 9, 2012.

1. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Is there any sort of organized group for the match up in Montreal? I am planning to go. And would prefer to not be all alone. :)

Porter Airlines is running a sale currently which makes the flights a good bit less expensive than usual (about $300-350 at sale prices). But you have to connect at Toronto City airport and they don't have a ton of flights so it's not as quick as flying direct. I just booked on United using miles.

I was up there last week and went to their match vs KC. It's a nice little stadium. Good views, loud even with a smallish crowd. Very easy to get to by Metro as well which is nice.

2. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  4. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Great. Thanks. My flight is only costing $60...plus 20k UA miles.

5. Grasscutter

Grasscutter Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Atlantis
    Club:
    DC United
    The scenic Amtrak Adirondack runs from Montreal to NY, where you can hop the NE Regional back to DC. Total cost for the two legs is $85.

It leaves Montreal at 9:30 am Sunday and gets into DC at 12:25 am (15 hours total).

If you want to do it round-trip, you pony up another $85, but the connecting train out of Union Station leaves at 5 am. My travel posse got one-way air tickets up and the train tickets back, but this is my only trip out of the mid-Atlantic this year, so I'm happy to look at the pretty trees, count the cows and pretend this is a French vacation.

Allez, les noirs et rouges.

dadman and fatbastard repped this.
  6. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Plenty of folks, including both of your intrepid DCU forum mods, are making this trip. In fact, we booked when Porter had their last sale. Bon voyage!

7. YellowSpine

YellowSpine Member

May 7, 2009
    Portsmouth, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taking my my herd up for the week. Oddly enough, my University of Nevada Las Vegas Runnin Rebels have their international trip this summer and are going to Canada! They play 4 games Sat-Tuesday prior to the DCU game in Ottawa and Montreal. And spending 2 days in Quebec City as well.

Rather excited for the trip! Wish I remembered more French from high school though.

8. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah, a little French would be handy. They are pretty militant about it up there for whatever reason. But I managed fine with just English.