montreal is on the tv

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by vita666420, Aug 31, 2007.

1. vita666420

vita666420 New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Scarborough
    guys check out the impact game on the french cbc (c 12 for me) its a pretty good game and its not often we get to see them. I'm picking out a few good players, maybe TFC material?

2. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Impact have had some games televised on SRC this year. Always interesting to hear a match called in French.

Let's hope it continues in the future and not just a one-year thing.

3. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They've been on SRC most Fridays this year; it looks like they're also carrying the game against Atlanta on Wednesday. It'll help fill the void while TFC are off this weekend.

4. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Now, if only the Whitecaps could pull off something like that. Would save me having to log onto USLlive to watch them.

5. vita666420

vita666420 New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Scarborough
    it was a fairly entertaining game, probably because it was the two best teams in the usl, but to be perfectly honest Montreal looks a better side than Toronto. It will be interesting to see what the result is when they meet for their friendly.

6. firice4837

firice4837 New Member

May 20, 2007
    I've seen a few games on the french channel. They're usually on friday nights or saturday afternoon. They have great support for a usl club and I think that if they can come to MLS and establish a rivalry with us that would be pretty fun. By the way wasn't it part of suttons transfer agreement that we play a friendly. If so has it been announced when its going to happen?

7. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal

Probably first game in Stade saputo.

8. SeanKeay

SeanKeay New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Whitby

Are you kidding me??

I have watched the USL for over the past like 6 or 7 years. The TFC team we are putting out right now would ruin the impact. They are sloppy, less athletic and just dont have the skill set to play against us.

Only player i could see playing on TFC from the impact right now is Charles Gbeke, and he would be a 4th striker for tfc.

I watched the game onfriday night, the rhinos are definatly not the top team in the usl anymore... they were crap and had terrible first touch.

9. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I watch it when I flip through the channels but I will say the few matches I have seen it is quite boring football tbh.

10. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Ditto