Montreal 2012 Stadium Situation

Discussion in 'Montreal Impact' started by Chef Medeski, May 11, 2010.

1. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I know she's not exactly the target demographic for selling tickets but there is still a lot of market penetration that needs to be done before we get to the point we can sell 30k.

I hope you succeeded in penetrating her market. Welcome to MLS. I can't think of three better additions to the league than Montreal, Vancouver and Portland. I just hope DC still has a team by the time you arrive.

2. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't just penetrate, I opened that market. Nothing better than market expansions, first guy gets everything before they figure out rules and regulations.

3. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
  4. nic_italia

nic_italia New Member

Nov 22, 2004
    I'm becoming impatient I want to hear news about the stadium expansion plans!!! Does anyone have new info on this subject? When is the construction supposed to start and when are we going to see the final 3D renderings of the whole thing??? I thought that all this info would have been released by now there's only one year left! If anyone knows something new please feel free to tell us about it!
    thanks! I'm very excited to see the stadium expand thats all :p

5. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They'll be expanding during the 2011 season, which will reduce capacity for 2011 by a few dozen (hundred?) seats.

6. canada_legacy

canada_legacy New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey nic_italia I email IOMEDIA those are the one who design the 3d Bc place for the mls Whitecaps and the PGE park for the Portland Timbers that you see on mls.com they confirm to me that they working on the saputo stadium (copy paste my email down here)

============================================================
    Our goal is to get all of the MLS on the same platform, we're working on all of the franchises.

Peter Korian | IOMEDIA | 212-352-1115 x230 | www.io-media.com

7. nic_italia

nic_italia New Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Hi I wrote to the montreal Impact about the stadium and they answered back. Basically what they said in the email is that the architects are putting the finishing touches on the plans and the team hopes to present pictures of what the final product will look like by the end of February. So I guess we have to be patient and wait it out! :p

8. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not an Impact fan, but I'm a fan of MLS and I'm very happy to see the progress this league has made over the past 16 year in league structuring, TV deals, sponsorships and endorsements, club development academies, designated player rule, club expansions and stadium development. Progressing forward into the future the league has encouraged each franchise to build their own stadiums for sustainability which create better financial stability for each club. In the early days of the league, teams built specific stadiums for soccer that were cookie cutter in design without much style.

Those were stadiums built to serve the purpose of sustainability and wasn't known for their individual design characteristic as the current day soccer specific stadiums that are being built today in the league. We are now witness to a revolutionary renascence in MLS stadiums design in cities like New York, Kansas City, Houston and Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy Utah. I'm also hoping that Mr. Saputo has also taken notice and really take advantage of this opportunity to create something really spectacular in Le Stade Saputo, more spectacular that the design images that has been circulating now for the past two years.

I'd just like to see more creativity in the design of the new Le Stade Saputo, I've provided a video of what Stade Saputo could look like with a bit more creativity to the current circulated concept.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT1_Il_6Okw&feature=related"]YouTube - IRAKLIS NEW STADIUM - ??? ?????? ??????[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZYTfG2ozY&feature=related"]YouTube - Neo Gipedo Irakli[/ame]

9. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is an example of the new thought process behind stadium development in MLS with current stadium construction. MLS is in fact the fastest growing professional sports league in North America and it's the only North American sports league that's on such a big world stage and the stadium your club call it's home does matter now.

Houston Stadium: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W-mHlqKsew"]YouTube - Houston Dynamo Stadium groundbreaking ceremony promotional video[/ame]

10. anewsoccerfan

anewsoccerfan Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Any news on the expansion of Saputo Stadium?

11. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    From a ticket representative: expect something late March.

12. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    IMFC will hold a Wednesday presser on stadium expansion.

13. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    20,341, 6,948 covered.

Roof covers top third of the stands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TheMizzu

TheMizzu Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it. Simple, but seems like a great expansion plan. Any news on when they will start the additions?

15. zidja

zidja Member

Jul 26, 2006
  16. Hube

Hube Member

May 30, 2004
  17. Tigereye

Tigereye Member+

(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Aug 19, 2005
    (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    First off, congrats your new home. IMO, it looks along the lines of newer MLS venues that go for that traditional soccer feel (RBA, LiveStrong Sporting Park, Dynamo Stadium) instead of the earlier designs of suburban MLS venues. That alone is a major plus.

One thing I couldn't help but notice is on the renderings that the Impact logo that adorned the East side stands is no where to be found. This is an expansion, meaning the East side stand will stay. I guess this is one more sign that the logo will definitely be updated but the blue will stay (likely with white), as if that weren't obvious enough already.

[​IMG]

Also, considering the final height of the roof will not be much higher then the current height of the East side stand, judging from this pic, it looks like the view of the Big O's roof tower will still be visible inside the renovated stadium?

18. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal

for the tower to NOT be visible in SS...would take some extremely steep stands.

Steeper than olomouc, for sure.

[​IMG]

the reason two corners arent closed in is to preserve the Olympic park axis, the view of the tower from the olympic village.

19. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Decent looking design.

While not splendiferous like the cooolest stadiums in Europe and South of the Border, MLS stadiums have been becoming progressively more interesting architecturally speaking.

20. Lavictoireq

Lavictoireq New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Rouyn-Noranda,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Some compare the new expanded stadium to Sclessin (Standard de Liège)

[​IMG]

or Stadio Dino Manuzzi in Cesena

[​IMG]

21. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    A brief tour of Stade Saputo now, and in the future.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spBDi1fB6W8&feature=player_embedded#at=145"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spBDi1fB6W8&feature=player_embedded#at=145[/ame]

22. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what is going to happen to Olympic Stadium? It has no major tenant. What does it do? Will you guys ever get baseball back?

23. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    How will we know if we'll have a baseball team?

My guess is no.

24. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be like the Silverdome or Astrodome. Only when there is a big game (Red Bulls, Galaxy, European friendly) will the team play in Olympic Stadium, from what I have heard.

25. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Impact will use Stade Olympic as their second stadium, kind of like the Packers use one stadium in Green Bay and another in Milwaukee. Now being that the winters in that part of Canada runs a bit longer than in Toronto which is more south of Montreal, I'm thinking Stade Olympic could be used for home games for the Impact in the early part of the MLS season and possibly in the later parts of the MLS season. At best it could serve as a good second home for the Impact for special events such as International friendlies and big MLS matches against the bigger clubs in MLS like Red Bull New York and the New York Cosmos when they join MLS, Los Angeles Galaxy and Seattle Sounders FC.