Montpellier Hérault Sport Club

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Guarda-Redes, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I wish FSC Plus would show more of St. Etienne and Montpellier HSC. It just finds the one match that is played the late evening on Sunday equalling around noon Arizona time so how ever the league schedules it.

Montpellier has been on twice after this Sunday as they showed the PSG match.

They showed St. Etienne once away. I want to see them at home in front of their good atmosphere.

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montpellier close the gap to 1 point again with a 3-0 win!
    ait fana had an early effort saved for the home side, cabella nearly found the opener on 19 minutes but it hit the bar
    the deadlock was broken soon after the restart thanks to Karim ait fana's 51st minute strike
    M'pellier pretty much dominated the rest of the game, the lead was doubled in the 83rd minute thanks to camara's shot
    and giroud added another goal to his tally thanks to a PK late in the game

with only 10 more match days left(30 points) la pallaide pretty much has solidified a spot for the CL, 1 pt behind PSG and 10 above Lille(3rd)
    next game away vs Nancy who are very gritty at home

3. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    it was too close for too long. That Caen goalie was the only reason that it remained 1-0 for as long as it did and would have been sickening if Montpellier hadn't won this match.

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not the same m'pellier in the first half, giroud relatively non existent thanks to nancy playing a deep backline, the shape of the team is having a hard time creating anything and is off at times point in case with only 1 shot in 45 mins

Nancy however have been the better side in def and mid being able to hold down giroud and limit montpellier's creativity and passing, smart coaching with a deep backline and counter attacking which eventually gave way for what should have been a goal for nancy but the ref blew the whistle early for the foul and didn't play advantage
    no one is happy since nancy don't get a goal, mhsc get hilton sent off and the fans are clearly voicing their opinion

half time 0-0 going to be an uphill battle for the away team

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drama and more drama, ref with a bad decision giving a penalty for a foul outside the box and a red to boot
    it wasn't a good game up to that point but the ref decisions made it poor, the last 10-15 were by far the most exciting with both sides getting chances near goal, Montpellier could have equalized but it was not meant to be but at least a note of praise for this team when they were down to 9 they still fought to try and get something
    Nancy 1-0 MHSC, psg tied with caen to raise their lead to 2 points

6. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    damn, didn't get to see the match but glad to hear they put forth a good effort till the end.

7. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

going to be a fun match. I hope both clubs end up in Europe next year.

8. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Definitely an interesting match. Montpellier will really have to drop the ball to end up outside of europe.

ASSE will have to make a decision on FSP. Keep him or let him leave. Currently he is on loan from SCP, but I believe the contract expires this summer.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montpellier have not been the same team in these last 3 games which is not a good sign since the league is in its last hurdle, 9 games= 27 points
    the team still face about half of their matches vs top half teams and the rest lower half teams
    the main thing to watch though is the second to last matchday vs Lille who now has cut MHSC's lead to 7 points
    next game should be a good one though, la paillade being more a possession team vs a high attacking team ASSE

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first half m'pellier pretty much played their game, possession but with hardly anything coming out of it while asse showed relatively nothing though both teams dealt with each other well defensively that is until after the 30 minute when asse caught montpellier sleeping and pongole just missed connecting on a cross that could have seen them go up first, MHSC responded with a shot on their own
    not much in the 1st half vs the second

second half saw both teams getting chances here and there with la paillade showing some good passing and shots on target but it took a while to really make the vert keeper work for a save

the ref had a decent game up to the point when he gave a red card to a st.etienne defender which really didn't merit a sending off, from my point of view at the most it was a foul and not obstruction of play, this really affected ASSE since they couldn't pressure the midfield and had to rely more on counter attacking yet they still manage to get 1 or 2 good chances that just went wayward of the goal while m'pellier kept their possession game and tried really hard to find and pounce on any space

the game looked to be 0-0 end but alas giroud had something to say towards the end with a fantastic volley nailing the bottom corner and worthy of the goal of the week, the stadium was ecstatic and it would turn into nervousness since towards the end ASSE got a corner and a vert sub manage to get a header right in front goal but was saved(?) which caused another corner which proved just as nerve racking since the ball went under jourdren and was narrowly saved by mapou

it would end 1-0, top of ligue 1 awaiting the psg-bordeaux game

12. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    it is the only match up that I want to pass really fast as I wish both clubs well. Now, Montpellier can focus on staying on top and ASSE can hopefully squeeze into an European spot in the table.

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
  14. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    and today's PSG draw has Montpellier technically ahead by goal difference. :)

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    PSG has Nancy and Marseille next, we have Sochaux and Marseille. Suffice to say Marseille will play spoiler and determine Ligue 1's champion this year.

16. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I picked up a Montpellier home kit from their team shop and somewhat cool, it is exactly like they have with all the extra advertisments on it. I feel like I should be getting ready to drive a race car. :p

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how the heck did you do that? the shipping alone was exaggerating: 29 dollars and the giroud name and number was a rip, I'll just wait until the off season and get a regular one but hopefully with the cote de sud on it, it looks surprisingly better with that than without

18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    Shake and Bake

19. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Geez, and my wife calls me a jersey fiend, you've bought like 5 in the past 2 weeks!

(for the record I would also love a MHSC home too, I even looked into it).

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    dude do you know any good websites other than ebay for jerseys

21. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Kitbag, Subsidesports, onionbag and classicfootballkits.

22. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

You don't even know the half of it when it comes to my kit collection. My extra room to my apartment. :p