Month of Death

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Arab Napoli, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Arab Napoli

Arab Napoli New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    October will be really tough for Napoli

7-October
    Napoli Vs Inter @ Inter

21-October
    Napoli Vs Roma @ Roma

28-October
    Napoli Vs Juventus @ Napoli

31-October
    Napoli Vs Fiorentina @ Fiorentina

4 very very difficult games mentally and physically especially that 3 of them are away games.

These 4 games in 21 days for a team like Napoli who is still bulid the squad will be a real killer.

On the other hand, the next 4 matches are :

Napoli Vs Regina @ Napoli
    Napoli Vs Palermo @ Palermo
    Napoli Vs Catania @ Napoli
    Napoli Vs Atalanta @ Atalanta

12 points I believe we are capable of getting 9 out of it if the team was not hit by injuries.

So, what would you love to see reja doing :

1 - going full strength in the tougf matches - which we really love to see Napoli winning - and trying to beat these teams with a high chance of injury , fatigua and suspensions

2- concentrating on 2 of the 4 big matches and utilising the squad well to keep Napoli's full strengh for the next matches with weaker teams and higer probability of winning

If you were the manager what would you do ??

Best Regards,

2. NapoliNewJersey

NapoliNewJersey New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great question.

If it were me I would utilize the positions where we do have deapth, i.e. Striker/def.midfield/centermid. for the games against Reginna, Palermo, Catania, and Atalanta.

Then going into the "Month of Death" I would hope that our best players, no matter how tired they are, would want to play. I would play our starting 11 at full force. Hoping that there were no injuries so they could play.

Defense is key here against these big clubs. Ties will matter so shooting for the tie will be fine with me.

The Reggina, Catania, Atalanta games are all must win... and I think we can tie Palermo, Fiorentina, and Juventus ... Inter and Roma could be loses.

Again, don't be suprised if Inter/Roma/Juve/Fiorentina all field their backup squads(which are still dangerous) against us ... thinking that we will be an easy win for them.

3. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Whoever we play, I hope on the road we play defensive formations. The 3-5-2, which turns into a 5-3-2, could work. I would like to see a solid 4 in the back, 4 in the middle, the Lavezzi supporting Calaio/Zala. 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2, with a defensive mentality and utilize Lavezzi's speed with long balls out the back. I'll be happy with draws on the road against the big 4.

4. Italia56

Italia56 Member

Aug 10, 2007
    at least I can watch them on tv lol:)

5. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's hope we'll get the home games too!

6. ForzaGiallorossi

Oct 20, 2005
    PA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Roma - Napoli game should be a really good game. I doubt that Roma would put a 2nd string team on, and considering that the two clubs have the best fans in Italy it should be an awesome atmosphere. I'm already torn on who to root for. I'm leaning towards Napoli though. A tie would probably be good for me also lol