Monkey boy's left Leeds

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Hard core pawn, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    LUFC have kicked Reidy out on his arse this morning.

Too many dire loan signings, & an inabilty to motivate the arch mercenary Viduka I guess.
    Id love to see Viduka consigned to the reserves, that'd screw his plans for another big money transfer.
    Anyone who signs this wretch deserves everything they get now.

I cant see why Paul Hart would want to give up on Forest to go to this shambles of a club though.

from me cell.........

2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    His future is "thought to be" one of the things being discussed at a meeting between Leeds chairman and chief executive this morning. The meeting is a routine, scheduled one and has not been called with any specific imminent reasoning.

It is also highly unlikely that Leeds would sack their manager just days before a home game against the Rags.

3. Marvellous Hairwould

Oct 1, 2003
    Nottingham
    Being not at all biased (!) - I don't see why Paul Hart would want to leave - he's really turned Forest around and we look a decent bet to make the Prem in the next couple of seasons.

Leeds in contrast are in an absolute mess - lost virtually an entire first team and still in-debt to their eyeballs. I know they have a 'big club' appeal - but Leeds have years of restructuring to go before they'll have any chance of being a force again. Also, relegation would be horrific.

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Leeds have got some top youngsters, Milner and Lennon are fantastic, then they've still got Smith, Robinson plus a few other ok players. Support is quite large as well.

I think Paul Hart would be perfect for them.

5. Marvellous Hairwould

Oct 1, 2003
    Nottingham
    Im sure he would do a great job - but I still think he would err if he left 2 and a bit years of good work at Forest (who have even more great youngsters BTW).

6. dave_smurf

dave_smurf New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    galwayunitedfc.ie
    Hmmm.....Marvellous Hairwould sounds suspiciuosly like Marlon Harewood.....
    i could be on to something here!!

7. It'scalledfootball!

It'scalledfootball! New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Lake Placid
    You are absolutely spot on. Peter Reid like so many was unable to motivate that lazy Aussie muppet. I hope they struggle to find a manager of any note, those players don't deserve good manager. They have no heart, spirit, or will to win.
    Paul Hart would be nuts to leave his team now, they're ten times better than Leeds.

8. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Leeds would be foolish to give Reid the boot now. I didn't think he was the man for the job in the first place. But having decided on him, I think he's their best bet right now. One of their problems is the sense that they're beyond desperate. THey need some stability. Their only goals right now should be to avoid administration and avoid relegation. I don't see how sacking Reid brings them closer to either. They spend more money on a new manager who has to come into the club 1/6th into the season and try to install his own tactics, vision, et al.

9. dave_smurf

dave_smurf New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    galwayunitedfc.ie
    jaysus, people use the "quote" function in every bloody post. its a pain in the hole to have to read every single thing twice!

surely ye can go without quoting each other every five seconds?

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Perhaps.

11. Marvellous Hairwould

Oct 1, 2003
    Nottingham
    darn you dave smurf, i thought nobody would see through my cunning disguise!

is our place down because of the rape thing? Is anybody else from our place around here?

12. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'll certainly think about it.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    You mean Football 365? Yes and yes.

14. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    You must work for the tabloids with such accurate sources as those..............

15. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    A few weeks too early, Apologies

Yes I was wide of the mark, my source advises several of the major players were deeply unimpressed by the fact reidy's severance will mean LUFC would have spent virtually the equivalant of the Kewell deal paying managers off in the past few months.

I really hope reidy survives the next five matches with flying colours. The only people to blame for the current shambles reside in the boardroom, excluding Prof Mckenzie.

Prof Mckenzie has apparently performed very well in managing the debt, but the frightening aspect has to be the stated figure was £70 mil before the fire sales started.
    With all bar Smith & the wretch Viduka sold, the debt now stands @ 10 mil above that figure, (give or take a few mil).

Did they borrow the money from east end gangsters?

Good luck Reidy, you monkey boy.

from me cell...........