Mongolia

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Gerrit, Jul 9, 2005.

1. E_ViLL14

E_ViLL14 Member

Jul 6, 2010
    20 man squad?

2. dam_mongolia

dam_mongolia Member

Jun 18, 2007
    france
    Philippines won 2-0, which is normal in regards of the match. They scored twice, just at the end of the each half-time. Mongolia got a red card only after 23 minutes, which made the task quite hard. The taiwanese referee did a good job all over the match and applied the rules after a stupid mistake from the N9 mongolian player. The mongolian goalkeeper made also a great job.
    The most obvious think that I could notice is the huge lack of experience from the mongolian team, which made too many easy mistakes. The potential has yet to be developed! Let's see how the philipian will react in one month in a very hostile climate for them. It could be snow with -10, which will probably freeze them :). Hope Mongolia will learn from this game and show a more offensive team in Ulaan Baator.

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYPuVx6Kkuk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Azkals vs Blue Wolves 1st half highlights[/ame]

4. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    The Mongolian team played well for being such a young and inexperienced team and later playing a man down. They kept the game close and the goal tender played a good game. They took advantage of their height and physicality to slow the Filipinos down and was very well organized on defence. This young team will continue to improve as they get older and get more experience.

Yes, the locally based Filipinos will have a hard time dealing with the winter conditions in Ulan Bator. Hopefully the Philippines can add a few more of their northern european based players who did not play in this game who are used to the harsh winters. They will be practicing a week or so in the high altitude and colder conditions in Baguio Philippines and then arrive early in Mongolia to acclimatize.

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Could you tell something about the stadium in Mongolia where the return match will be played ? This is with artificial gras ?

6. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    (2) According to the voting outcome at AFC Congress held in January 2011, the Mongol Football Federation was suspended to conduct any activities at the EAFF until EAFF Ordinary Congress of March 2014.
    http://www.eaff.com/eanews/release/2011/110319.html

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Interesting, but whats does this mean? They are suspended from all EAFF activity until 2014 which generally means all cup competitions?

8. Sakuraroo

Sakuraroo New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll be supporting the Mongolians in their World Cup match against Myanmar tomorrow.

Will be a tough job in Yangon, but let's hope they can park the bus and maybe nab one on the counter.

Go the Blue Wolves!

9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great game. Mongolia won 1-0 against Myanmar.

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Myanmar will be different at home, it will be hard for Mongolia, but after winning 1:0 before, then why not at least score again?

11. toopil

toopil Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Go Mongolia! I love this country! But it will be difficult to repeat the feat in the first leg. Burma can still qualify without too much trouble.

12. Sakuraroo

Sakuraroo New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Disappointing for Mongolia, they lost 2-0 to Myanmar thanks to two goals in the last 30 minutes to lose 2-1 on aggregate. Looks like one goal just wasn't quite enough.

13. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    http://www.eaff.com/competitions/eaff2011u15/index.html
    no Mongolia

seems Mongolia will miss 2013 East Asian Championship qualifiers

14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    It does seem a pity that what appears to be off the field events can affect on field events.

Surely the EAFF realise that all this does is harm 14 year old lads developements? OK, suspending the full national team for a period is probably fine as the senior side has many other opportunties but banning a once in a life time opportunity for young kids in my opinion is just wrong.

I'm going to try and contact the EAFF and ask for their reasonings behind suspending Mongolia, they havn't been very forthcoming in saying why. Is it lack of paid fees for example?

15. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i applaud your effort to contact the organization :)
    but i think the EAFF won't give you a concrete answer, or even bother to reply :rolleyes:

16. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
  17. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
  18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Ulaanbaatar: On the first day of his three-day visit to Mongolia, AFC Acting President Zhang Jilong visited on Thursday the Mongolian Football Federation (MFF) House where he was received by MFF President Ganbold Buyannemkh.

Jilong is in the capital of Mongolia to inaugurate FIFA’s Goal Projects 3 and 4 (indoor futsal court) on Saturday. On Friday, Jilong will pay a courtesy call to the President of Mongolia HE Tsakhia Elbegdorj and the Prime Minister HE Sukhbaatar Batbold, besides attending a luncheon hosted by Ulaanbaatar Mayor Gombosuren Munkhbayar.

The AFC Acting President toured MFF House with a joint FIFA and AFC delegation and was impressed with the facilities.

“This is my first visit to Mongolia and MFF House and I am highly impressed,” said Jilong. “On behalf of FIFA President Joseph Blatter I congratulate you on the excellent work undertaken by the MFF.

“MFF has set a good example for all other Member Associations of AFC to follow. I am happy that the MFF is so active in promoting and developing football.”

Buyannemkh, who is also an AFC Executive Committee member, welcomed Jilong’s support for the MFF.

“I thank FIFA and AFC for their continued support to the MFF to develop our football,” said Buyannemkh.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/member-association-news/east-asia-news/37101-jilong-visits-mff-house

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  20. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
  21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  22. danKohner

danKohner Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Section 139
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mongolia.jpg Ok, here is a strange request, but I wanted to put it out there. Does anyone know where you can purchase a Mongolia National Team soccer jersey? Before anyone says you most likely can't, I did find one of the hardset to find national team jerseys, Greenland's national team jersey. It took me a few years, but I found one. Any help would be appreciated.

23. Beantowner

Beantowner Member

Aug 19, 2005
    HK / Shanghai / NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Ulaan Baatar, the Premiership Sports Pub may be a point to start your search (Google, FB, etc). Depending on your western body size, finding the accurate size to fit you will be an additional challenge, e.g., an XL-marked shirt in most of Asia rarely fits my reasonable, non-fat XL size in the shoulders, arm length, etc. When / if I'm back up in Ulaan Baatar, I'll ask around yet it most likely won't be until May or later => too #%*]+{€¥ cold now!

24. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano