Monday Night Football and the HDC

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by UncleSam527, Nov 9, 2004.

1. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    <Sorry if this has been posted before, didn't see it>

Last night on Monday Night Football, November 8, I saw a Chevy truck commercial where their trucks were driving around the field at the HDC- which had pointyball lines and goal posts and all. Obviously, the HDC wouldn't really let them drive their trucks around and tear up the grass, but I have a few questions.

1. If you are filming a commercial on MNF and want to do it in a "football stadium", why not pick an actual NFL stadium that the average fan will recognize?

2. Who gets the money Chevy payed to have the HDC as the location? HDC, AEG, Galaxy...?

Any other information would be nice too.

2. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. I also notice they do a lot of football commercials at the LA Coleseum too.

3. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    You wouldn't get permission to tear up an actual NFL field during the season.
    The HDC field is not being used regularly, it's in LA where most of the production companies are, and it looks great on camera. Turf can be replaced. It's in the budget. Plus, most people don't know the difference between a *real* football stadium and the HDC.
    If it's dressed up to look the part, most people won't notice the background details you noticed.

The facility gets it's day rental rate, it's personnel get a day of work, but the club usually does not get any money on less they have it in their rental agreement on the facility or they own it.

Hope that helps.

4. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    In our case, we're lucky that all roads eventually lead to the same guy.

5. railguitar

railguitar New Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I've only seen the ad once. A lot of the images (aside from Howie Long and the stadium stands) may be CG.