Monaco vs Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ULL NEVER WALK ALONE, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well,we finaly have good news!!!! monaco lost at home against Sochaux 1-3,and hasnt won a game in 6 matches,so thats good news (liverpool have much more quality than Sochaux with or without baros)so clearly there is a very big posibility that we can get the 3 points that will get us to the 2 round!!

monaco will play with the same formation that lost here at anfiled ,with a 4-4-2 ,but the only diference is in there attack!!!we should see a much more offensive monaco,but they will definetly leave lots of space in the back,and with people like garcia,we should score,since there defence is not that great.the only thing that monaco have is a good attack!!thry have on loan last years barcelona star saviola(but oviously not as good as eto,but hes very quick!)and chevanton,one of the top scorers last year in the italian league!

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell if we can't score on 'boro I'm not too confident about this match.

Lineup:

-------Kirkland
    Finnan--Sami-JC--Djimmy
    Garcia--SG--Xabi--JAR
    -----Pongolle--Harry

Dudek
    Mellor
    Biscan
    Warnock
    Josemi

3. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah, i think this match is going to be very interesting indead!!!!there are 2 teams that have just lost in there leagues,and are not in good form!!this match can go either way!Monaco are by far wors than liverpoo,lossing in bad fasion all there games!

4. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    AS Monaco FC captain Julien Rodriguez will miss their crucial UEFA Champions League fixture with Liverpool after suffering an ankle injury, while Lucas Bernardi is a doubt.
    Oviously steven gerrard is back , but apart from that we dont have nothing to chear about!our 2 top scorers in the champions league are out ,and gerrard is not fully fit!

5. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maybe we could try a formation like this:

--------------Kirkland
    ---Carragher--Hyppia--Traore
    Finnan---------------------Riise
    -------------Hamann
    ---------Gerrard---Alonso
    --------------Kewell
    -----------------Mellor

Essentially a 5-3-2. Finnan and Riise's first job would be to defend, but they could also provide with when going foward. To make it more attacking, Hamann could be dropped in favor of Garcia or Biscan. I don't know if we would be able to create enough attacks the way I have it. It may be a better formation for the game against Arsenal then it would be for Monaco.

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Don't we HAVE to win this one?

7. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well,if we win we will automaticaly in the 2nd round,but this match is not a must win situation!even if olympiacos and monaco win,we can still qualify by beating olyympiacos by a 2 goal diference and well be trough!!

8. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The fact of the matter is, Liverpool is looking for a miracle, actually a repeat of the Deportivo match would do just fine.

As many of you stated Monaco isn't in fine shape, neither is Liverpool, the main factor management is praying for is for Stevie to somehow carry the team on his shoulders, again.

He did it in CL qualifying, but he was 100%.

The truth is, as much as I don't want to say it, Liverpool is looking at a tie at best. I think what is in favor of Monaco is home field advantage.

I think Liverpool's formation should be, a 4-5-1, as much as I hate that formation, Liverpool has no real talent up front, so I think the goal scoring should be handed down to the midfielders.

Such as;
    Kirkland
    Finnan Carragher Hyppia Traore

Kewell Hamann Riise
    Gerrard Alonso

Garcia

9. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    start Mellor. he can't do worse than Kewell.

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Makes a lot of sense, especially after Saturday and I didn't think Burra are as rubbish a team as some seem to feel and they were at home, as is Monaco. What we do need to do is make some sort of patch to go over the defence. We have to plug that leak keep the ball out and hope we can come up with one on the counter.

11. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    hoping for the draw. If we get a win i'll be in heaven.

[​IMG]

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He's not the captain Gael Givet is the captain.

13. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    dude,thats wat the uefa page said!!(uefa.com).well,there defence is very bad,but with out Julien Rodriguez and Lucas Bernardi ,there defence is even more $hity than it was before,so chances we sholud get!!!i think we can win if one of our midfielders hits top form!with just one(gerrard,garcia,alonso,risse,etc),we can win this match!but i guess thats asking a miracle,since none of those players seem likely to hit top form with the teams current situation!

14. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    and if thats the price we get for a draw,ill take it!!!!!!!!!! :)

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bernardi is a midfielder not a defender. Perhaps your confusing him with Sebastian Squillacci. Rodriguez is only a part time starter. They have 3 defenders who regularly play for France(Squilacci,Givet,and Evra) so I dont think the defense is bad. Their weakness is in the midfield. They dont have a lot of good attacking midfield options. No one who can get the ball to the forwards consistantly. Certainly no one even close to the caliber of Gerrard.

16. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    I predict a 3-0 loss. Put Rowan up to inspire false hope that maybe Garcia will learn how to finish.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    There's 2 important factors here. Monaco hasn't won a game in their last 6 league matches. Also Liverpool will have at least 40% of the crowd behind them and possibly could have more. I see a 1-1 final .

18. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    no way!!!!!where could monaco score 3.i belive u that a 1-0 win,but not a trashing!MOnaco just dont the have the quality to get the ball up to the strikers,which are the most dangerous feature of the monaco line-up!what use is having good strikers if they dont have a good midfield??hope gerrard shows some kinda form that he showed last year in the premiership!JUST FOR A WEEK GOD;JUST FOR A WEEK;PLEASE LET GARCIA SCORE!!!!that guy just gets to much chances,but cant score any!!

19. BigSucker

BigSucker New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    MN+
    Mellor should get a some minutes tonight. Kewell, Garcia and FSP got their chances against Boro. Give the boy a chance, and I think he will get one. Wishful thinking perhaps but why not? He's got a better strike rate than Harry and we'll never know if it is just because it was the Carling Cup if he never gets a game.

20. Welcome2Anfield

Welcome2Anfield New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Maybe Rafa should think about playin Biscan up top.....

21. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    come on you reds. I want to taste European glory again.

[​IMG]

22. lgsshedden

lgsshedden New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Ontario Canada
    4-5-1 makes most sense and is Rafa's preferred formation for away CL games.
    Give Mellor the opportunity to sieze on something in the box and play Hamann, Xabi, Gerrard, Garcia and Risse behind him: width, security and some playmaking.
    Josemi has had some poor outings but still like him better than Finnan at FB.
    Finnan, Warnock, Kewell, Biscan and FSP give us some options off the bench.

23. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Line up
    Kirkland
    Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Traore

Biscan
    Gerrard
    Hamann
    Riise

Mellor
    Garcia

subs
    Dudek
    Kewell
    Alonso
    Josemi
    Pongolle
    Warnock
    Diao

I like the lineup apart from Xabi missing from it.

24. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    come on you reds? BTW where is everyone else?

25. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    we're in yellow