Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Foosinho, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like an expansion?

:D :D :D

2. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    My multiplayer experience is non-existent right now as my Xbox does not want to connect to the internet at all right now. :mad:

It seems to not be getting the gateway IP. I've even tried plugging it directly into the modem. It's not the ethernet cable either because I can connect my laptop to the internet using it.

I'm befuddled as to what it could be. It was working fine a week ago.

3. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gosh darnit. IW better not try and peddle the game type as something similar to Nazi Zombies.

A friend of mine had that problem awhile back he had to enter a new IP address. Neither he or I being all that internet savy he ended up calling xbox support and they were able to help him out.

4. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone have a bogey map? I got the game 2 days after it released, and to date have recorded exactly 2 wins on Underpass...

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Wasteland closely followed by Quarry. In the first I keep getting hit by snipers regardless of my perks because I clearly move around too much. I sometimes have good games but it depends entirely on the type of players in the match. Quarry is a camping haven and the worst map for being flanked on.

I have a different map complaint in that I played for about four hours last night (to 0500) and never played on Derail, Highrise, Rust, Skidrow and Wasteland. I only played once on Estate, Terminal and Underpass. It started to get a bit boring.

Anyhoo...

6. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Estate. If your team can hold the house it is a guaranteed win. A couple of nights ago I was pretty close to bitching at my teammates cause we started the game at the house but every single one of my guys took off down the hill. I tried several times to flank behind the house so we could maybe spawn back up on the hill but was never successful. We ended up losing that round 7500-3000.

It would be nice if IW could fix it so that if the host left a lobby the game could remember what maps were played on and not start a brand new cycle.

7. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    weird that you mention that because I was going to post something similiar.

the quesiton I wanted to ask was how has the game changed for you since it came out?

For example, in the beginning everybody used to try to hold the house ... that's where the ENTIRE game was played. now, it seems to be played more down the hill in the open areas.
    my team won a game last night by staying out of sniper's line of fire and waiting for them to come to us. no matter if we spawn inside or outside of the house, I always go down to the fields. it seems to be where more of the action is.

other things that have changed: in Highrise, everybody got playing on the crane out of their system. used to be there'd be a 3-4 snipers up there each game, now I can't remember the last time I saw somebody out there.

Wasteland used to have a lot of action in the tunnels, now each team camps on their side and waits it out. very low scoring map.

can't remember the last time I played Rust. (does that map even come up in the hardcore rotation?)

on Underpass, everybody seems to have taken their turn climbing up the ladder to the walkway in the middle of the map. nobody goes there anymore.

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Karachi, I don't know why but I never seem to do well on that map. It might be due to the camping little shits on the roofs.

Also I've noticed an increase in the number of people using duel Rangers since the 1887 nerf. I hate them.

9. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    /me waves cheerfully from rooftop.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i love getting people on the rooftop

11. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Underpass-I can't tell you how much I ********ing hate this map.Usually just leave the lobby if the others don't skip it.Way to dark and just a terrible map overall.

Rundown-Much like every other map,just way to open for my liking.

Let's just say that I think the majority of the maps are garbage.

I only like Terminal,Highrise,and Sub Base.

12. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Underpass as well.

I'll be on pretty much all day, so if anyone wants to join, send electrickeeper a message! I'll probably be playing Hardcore TD, but I'm open to anything.

13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't mind playing with someone inebriated I'll hit ya up tonight. :)

14. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wammy and I will be back on later tonight .... let's get the party started!

15. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll deffo be on the sauce later tonight too. It might get ugly.

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    man i hate skidrow

17. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Last standers are total bitches.

18. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was just in a match on the 360 where sprinting would make you run at about 150mph. Generally it was like the ground was frozen too, really sliding about.

19. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

How so?

I killed somebody for the game winning kill with a rocket launcher :p.Dead on too.

20. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Because it's such a cheap kill.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I have not seen that map in days. :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVE-7x9Usvw"]YouTube- Terminator 2 Best Scene EVER!!![/ame]

It has been like that for most of the day. It is very bizarre and exceptionally annoying. In the less open maps you sometimes cannot react in time particularly when someone runs into one of the small rooms you are in. :mad:

22. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's not a cheap kill. don't stop shooting just because the guy fell down ... getting last stand kills are much harder than noob tube kills.

23. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we were having bad network trouble earlier today where everybody but one or two people would get booted from a room, you'd get the notice that the enemy was forfeiting in 20 seconds, and then one-by-one everybody would come back in. everybody (except those who stayed) had their score/killstreaks reset. happened in every room we were in. beyond annoying.

24. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe, but in all seriousness, there's no way someone survives to shoot back if they take a shotgun blast to the face.