Modern Warfare 2 - Part Deux

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by invisible_shadow, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm sure your expereinces are just different than mine, but I don't find many people avoiding my claymores. I sure know I can't avoid them 99 times out of a 100.
    check those corners.

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best kind of claymores are those ya just place at some random spot out in the open. Ya just know the person who triggered it is cursing, asking why someone put a claymore there.

3. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    That is the best. In highrise I like to put them in the cubicle isles and outside the windows people jump out of. :D

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but those aren't random .... those are high-traffic areas.

5. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well none of them are random. You choose where to put them.

6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true, but oopprraahh meant 'unlikely' spots .... out of a window where everybody runs is a likely spot for a claymore.

damned semantics! :)

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a08ViuvORRM"]YouTube- Modern Warfare: Frozen Crossing Pt. 2[/ame]

I don't think the intro voice work is up-to-snuff - and I've got some niggling annoyances about various bits of the film that are excusable for a $600 fan film - but this is pretty good. Stick with it.

8. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, there have been some late nights where even I've forgotten where I placed my claymores. :D Right now I'm just hopeful to hit the level to have them unlooked again sometime this weekend.

These films are fun. Did I hear the achievement sound when he got a "think fast" kill?

9. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. :)

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i HATE that! you're like 'oh, I got a kill' .... but you can't remember where it was so you can't go place another or know which way to watch for baddies. but the kill is always nice.

11. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know how to get onto the roof of the house in "Overgrown" map near the large gas tank next to the barn? This is the house that has the second floor with the ladder you can clinb up to. There is a cannon in the second floor pointed to the barn, but you can't go through that window to the roof. I've seen some people camping on that roof but for the life of me cannot figure out how they got there.

T

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's called grandma's house.
    I believe you have to jump on the fence on the side of the gas tank opposite of the house, then walk along the fence to the house to the roof. you can also use that spot to get on top of the wooden bridge and then follow that to the house across the ravine from the barn.

if you google 'overgrown secret spots' or something like that you'll find a lot of YouTube videos that show you how to get to these places.

:)

13. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, quick question for people.

whenever I play on Carnival I seem to find two parts of the map that make my system lag. It ALWAYS happens if I go to one of these two places and stops as soon as I leave (on my 360).
    anyway, the first is on the ground behind the Tilt-a-Whirl and the second is the single window in the fun house that looks out over the Tilt-a-Whirl. I just start lagging and skipping if I ever go to those two spots.

My friend says he's noticed the same thing, but it's in different spots for him (can't remember which).

anybody else noticing this going on?

14. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nope

15. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I honestly don't see why people bash the playstation network multiplayer.The common thing that I hear is that it's nothing compared to xbox live and that it's nearly always laggy.From the games I have played,they have been crystal clear with no lag. (I bought the game for ps3 yesterday)

I honestly see no difference between live and psn.They play exactly the same to me.But anyways,feels good to go back to MW2 after months of not playing it.Sucks loosing all my titles and whatnot but either way,I'm having fun.

16. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It has nothing to do with what system you use as to how much lag you get. The special people at Activision decided to use a P2P system which means people who are playing the game are hosting it.

So if you get lag, it's not Xbox live or PSN's fault, it's the douche with the crap connection

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you don't lose your titles .... they're there even if you prestiege. you certainly don't lose them for inactivity. so i'm confused .... how'd you lose them? cuz that sucks!!

18. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do lose your titles if you switch what system you're playing on.

As for PSN vs. Live I prefer Live because of how it is easier to play/chat with and against your friends.

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i havnt played for months, was thinking of checking it again

battlefield bc 2 is decent but probably not as good as mw2

i never have many problems on the ps3 online and have a relatively poor net connection

20. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I don't know if most people have control over their connection speed. Why IWNet makes the worst connecting player the host so frequently always surprises me.

21. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh, did I misread the post? :eek:

22. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hehe yeah.

I had it on xbox 360 before the disk broke with a ton of titles and emblems unlocked.

23. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so you're on the 360 now? I'm glassonion17 if you ever wanna play ...

24. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Other way around, I believe.

25. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The might not have control over it but you should know if your connection is fast or not.

However dedicated servers would make this a moot point because you wouldn't need to rely on people for connections and high ping players would be kicked.