Modern Warfare 2 - Part Deux

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by invisible_shadow, Jan 10, 2010.

1. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I got rid of stopping power on all of my classes (cept for sniping) a long time ago.I did very well without SP.

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Modern Warfare 2

1,000 posts! whoo!

3. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am surprised no one created a vol.2 for this thread...

4. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

A silencer/ninja pro obviously helps, too. Not seen many HBSs around lately, but the silent footsteps helps a lot.

Plus a lot of people are too stupid to work out where they're being shot from when you use a silencer.

5. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I don't do well without Stopping Power. I use burst rifles a lot, and going from 1burst-2 is enough to get me killed. 5 ACR shots at range over 4 with SP, or 3 shots with SCAR/TAR/AK against a guy using SP and a 2 hit kill weapon is too big of a disadvantage.

People find me first about as often or more often than I find them due to stupid teammates providing poor coverage, bad spawns, or bad luck. I only drop SP for hardline or danger close. Taking 1 less bullet to kill is a must have when everyone else has it.

6. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti

subscribing...

btw.. I used to use stoppin power, and it was a mainstay as one of my perks in cod4, but have switched to use hardline, somethin about that one kill that helps a lot, I might switch to it to ive it another try as I feel I am getting better and it has been easier to string 5 kills for that first kill streak bonus...

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

im enjoying sniping

use the m21 and have got the thermal attached to it

i love the first small automatic little gun u can use as a secondary with it

get alot of kills with it

8. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I created a sniper class for the first time yesterday. Before that I only had about 10 sniper kills in total from instances where I found one on the ground.

Having a hard time sniping with anything but the Barrett.

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hell, I got six slots ... maybe I'll set up a sniper class. what the hell, you know?

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Sniping in MW2 rubbish compared to MW. The only decent rifle is the Barrett and because of the lag you get running P2P and not on servers you're lucky to hit anything at all.

11. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my friends quite the good MW2 sniper and he hasn't expressed any difficulties ....
    i've never been a big sniper on either level, but I haven't noticed a difference. what platform are you on?

12. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The PP2000? Yup that gun is a beast.

Last Saturday night I actually had a bit of fun playing in a free-for-all match with a couple of boosters. I jumped into a game that Teso and Johno were playing in and after a few rounds we figured out two players were boosting. So, on top of playing FFA regularly us three and eventually other players playing were calling out the spots where the boosters were set up. It added kind of a fun twist to FFA. That being said F nuke boosters! F'em in the A!

I think my next goal is to get a hang of the throwing knife. I encountered some dude who was amazing with the knife and was hitting me from everywhere on the map. I remember on Karachi I was posted up on one of the roofs over looking an alley. All the way at the end of the alley was a dumpster and that was where the player was able to get me with the knife. I saw him pop out, duck back down and a couple of seconds later I was dead. I was too impressed to be ticked off.

13. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I swear that the system randomizes your shots with the 50 cal to see if it kills or not.I have shot people right on the chest and they still survived...(I even see the cross hairs flicker so the bullet did hit the player)

My brother switched to the Intervention and he's been having no problems with it.

14. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The matchmaking system in this game is pathetic beyond description. I'm playing a game, it ends, want to get in one more quick game, so after checking my match bonus I quit, join another game, and it throws me straight back into the game I just left, thats already over, and I'm at the scoreboard for a few milliseconds before going back to the lobby. Quit that lobby join X, its underpass and im not in the mood, quit and get put back into game x, quit again, put into game y which is highrise tdm, played a lot of that today, quit, lobby again and it puts me back into game X for the third time.

Quit a third time, end up back game in game Y, quit, game Z another underpass game, quit, back to game x, quit, game y, quit, game x, game x, game z, game z. Taking into account the short multiplayer, shitty map designs, lack of weapon balance, poor matchmaking system, and broken host migration system - this is a very sloppily made game. Were it not for the fact that they reskinned a much better game, this would easily be the worst game I've bought in years.

15. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

by boosters you just mean people let somebody kill them to get the nuke?

16. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Something that also annoyed me about this game are care packages.Why?

Well because I don't need ammo resupply crates 3 times in a row when I'm using scavenger.Or 3 or 4 UAVs/CUAVs.

I have 25/25 emergency air drops and my worst one would have to be this.

Ammo,ammo,ammo,UAV.Funny thing is,I was not using scavenger and I had just spawned when I called it in and still get ammo.

17. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My friend who uses the emergency airdrop gets ammo/ammo/UAV/CUAV quite often. I always manage to take the ammo before he realizes, however, and tell him he got pavelows or chopper gunners. :D

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm on PC. I guess it could just be me being rubbish but I refuse to believe this.

19. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I like the Intervention but since it's a bolt action rifle when you inevitably miss due to lag it takes longer to reload and take another shot.

20. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yup

21. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't believe it either!

22. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've had UAVx2, CUAVx2. That sucked. The next match I rage-switched that killstreak slot to Harrier.

23. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing that happened over the weekend was that I think I have almost had a break through with dealing with the tac-knifers. Has anybody tried; when dealing with a tac-knifer, to time the commando lurch and knife the guy during that animation? Cause I had a game on scrapyard where I kept running into the same dude who was running with the tac-knife and I kept beating him in knife battles. Just wondering if anybody else has tried this out and noticed the same thing or if I was just getting lucky.

24. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just accept defeat against them until I hit 67.

25. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC