Moderators

Discussion in 'World Football Daily' started by Blue Note, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi everyone. Along with djpower, who will introduce himself, I'll be one of the moderators for the World Soccer Daily forum.

I've been a regular listener of WSD since the Steven Cohen/Nick Geber days. I'm also a fan of Chelsea FC and a New York Red Bulls supporter and season ticket holder, for my sins. For the past three years or so I have also been involved in the development and expansion of the football club mapping site footiemap.com.

Those of you who use the longstanding WSD message board may know me better as whoshotsam.

Let's have a nice lively discussion but please try to keep it clean. IMO the radio program has gone from strength to strength in recent months, with high caliber contributors such as Tim Vickery, Robbie Earle, Graham Poll and many others. They've even managed to interview nearly every MLS manager for the launch of the 2009 season, something that those of us invested in the USA's top domestic league certainly appreciate.

Also please note that we are independent moderators and not directly involved with WSD. If you have issues with the show, it's probably best to take it up with them.

Have at it!

2. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Ok. Chelsea Sucks. ;) :) But I like the username. Blue Note's one of my all time favorite record labels.

Alright now that this is out of my system, congratulations on the forum. Did they mention anything about this on their radio show? I didn't remember them mentioning it.

3. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Chelsea were good enough yesterday!

No, it has not been mentioned on the radio show yet from what I can tell.

4. WoodyinCU

WoodyinCU Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Duluth, MN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be mentioned on the show soon, this forum just got set up last night, and I'm sure everyone is still hung over one way or another with the CL games.

5. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Oh don't mind me. I'm understandably bitter at the moment because my club seems destined to return to the mediocrity from where it came from. :(

But ok then, I'll wait and listen to it. Kind of funny since sometimes Steven Cohen mentions how he doesn't care about the boards, etc. :D But I do think that this is a good idea becasue they have some good guests there & I really do think it's a good show.

6. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This forum was announced at the top of the show today.

I agree, WSD has gotten better over the last year or so, between the correspondents and the MLS-related and other interviews, it's been quite entertaining.

7. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Yesh thanks for this section of Bigsoccer. I'm a regular listener of the show (mostly on podcast and when I can live).

8. djpower

djpower Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi I am the other mod around here I'm a bit late I had work commitments, I've been listening to the show for the last 2-3 years I got introduced to the show by my older brother. Some people might already know me from my post on BigSoccer or the WSD Forums

I am Australian a huge fan of World Game and it has caused me many sleepless nights I do follow anything and everything including MLS, locally I am a supporter of the Melbourne Victory in the A-league and try to get to a few games a year, in Europe my main league I follow is Spanish La Liga, I have soft spots for many teams but I am not a heavy supporter of one particular team, I also have a heavy interest in the media as people who hang around the media forums have probably noticed I also like how the show is going and all the great guest who appear on it. I am looking forward to some friendly debating

9. munsonbulldog

munsonbulldog Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Now its reallly going down hill with a Aussie being a mod:D

10. djpower

djpower Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    I was wondering how long it was going to take before you found our little board here:). Why did it take you so long:p

11. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How the heck do you become a bigsoccer mod?