Moderator Corruption, Racism and Bias

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by mattteo, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It's been edited. Subs.

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Excuse Me: I am not playing any victim, and I am not sure what the lecture is about ---------because here are the facts of that post

RECAP:
    => I did report the post as an ethnic Slur (In report Post)
    => But none of the mods in your forum gave a hoot !!!
    => The comment which was clearly ethnic sterotype/slur was still posted as of early morning May 16, 2010 on your forum

= > Then the poster who wrote the comment left me a nasty message on my visitor page (I am sure as a mod you can still read it)

Horsehead got wif of what was said (when I reported the nasty message left on my Visitor Page) and she got the mods of your forum involved and you guys/gals gave warning to the poster.

=> However, you guys/gals still didn't bother to remove the ethnic sterotype
    till I brought it up here again as example of few forums where the 21 century hasn't arrived...

Also, I know Mod work is tedious and hard, but to accuse me of being uncaring towards your duties is simply in very poor form.
    and
    ====> so was the NEG REP
    You are accusing me of selective memory and gave me a "neg rep" when facts point other wise.
    -> Too bad ...because all I did was point out here what your forum didn't give a hoot about.

P.S while you are at it, I think to be "fair" you should give a neg rep to Ismitje too for saying...

1 person likes this.
  3. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Thanks...........................

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't want to stir the pot, but I think you took a pretty bad position here. Being a mod I understand how hard it can be and how we can't possibly spot every bad comment or situation. However some comments simply should not be tolerated and allowed and in my opinion the comment Kqql posted absolutely falls into that category. I don't see why you are attacking him for pointing it out, he has every right to do so especially since he reported the comment for moderation first.

I've done my best to try and curb and stop people making nazi comments in light of the match between Inter and Bayern Munich. I've given infraction to regulars on the Italy board and been reward with lot of insults for it. It's tough to have to be the bad guy, but that's part of the job. As an Italian male I find that comment offensive and don't understand why it would be allowed stand.

2 people repped this.
  5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    You are not stiring the pot and I appreciate the time you took to respond instead of making an incorrect sweeping statement like Kqql did here.

basically accussing the mods on the Chelsea board of condoning that type of post and making a broad brush statement without at least being honest enough to discuss the situation as a whole

Lets just look at a little thing called facts before we start making such generalised statements shall we.

1. The post was in a thread from February of this year. Chelsea lost a close game to Inter 2-1 and many of the Chelsea fans felt the game was lost in some controversy as a penalty was disallowed. Thus emotions were quite high at the time.

2. Unfortunatley some outside posters and regular members decided to get a little nasty and some trolling and personal attacks went on and we did the best we could to address those issues.

3. BridgeMonkee made his disgusting post which was reported. This was immediately addressed with Monkee and unfortunately the post was not edited or deleted. Sorry about that- as nearly all Mods are aware you are not going to catch everything.

4. Note- this next point is just my assumptoin and based only partially on fact. I assume that to continue his attacks BridgeMonkee sent Kqql a nasty visitor message. I can confirm as fact that he did send Kqql a visitor message but can not speak of the logic of BridgeMonkee for doing so. Once again this was immediately addressed with Monkee.

5. Messages were all sent to Kqql informing him that he is always welcome on the board and apologising for the attacks by Monkee.

6. Further issues were addressed with Monkee who has toned his posting and basically has not posted on the board within the last month.

7. The thread was revived on May 16 by Inter4Glory who decided to troll a thread 3 months after the game was over.

8. I closed the thread to prevent any further nonsense.

9. Upon being informed of the offensive post after it was reported the comments were immediate removed.

10. I then had the pleasure of reading how poor the Chelsea board is moderated in this thread. :rolleyes:

Now those are the facts of the matter- funny how many of those werent addressed by Kqql who was well aware of many of these facts and instead he decided to launch an attack on the mods.

My questions are the following.

1. Why didnt Kqql send a pm to one of the mods or report it again? When Ismitje reported the post- it was immediately dealt with. As I said we are not going to catch everything and I am sure if I started digging through other boards threads I could find something offensive. The fact of the matter is that after the way we handled the personal message issue with Monkee I would have thought Kqql would have understood that we dont tolerate those types of post and he would have had the deceny to at least let us know before vilifying us.

2. The only reason Kqql even became aware of this dross was reading through a 3 month old thread which had recently been bumped by Inter4Life. Not condoning the post by Monkee but why didnt Kqql report Inter4Life for trolling, which he obviously was in that thread? Perhaps I should claim that Kqql has a bias and protects his fellow Italian supporters and isnt up to the 21st Century as well. :rolleyes:

Its just poor form to openly criticise the mods without at least having the integrity or honestly to openly discuss the entire issue.

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Here are the facts once again. Maybe it be a good idea to read what I write
    than giving me lectures and neg rep.

RECAP:
    => I did report the post as an ethnic Slur (In report Post) back in Feb, 2010
    when I came across it. (as Report Post)
    => But none of the mods in your forum gave a hoot !!!
    => The comment which was clearly ethnic sterotype/slur was still posted as of early morning May 16, 2010 on your forum.

= > Then the poster who wrote the comment left me a nasty message on my visitor page (I am sure as a mod you can still read it)

Horsehead got wif of what was said (when I reported the nasty message left on my Visitor Page)
    =======> and she got the mods of your forum involved and you guys/gals gave warning to the poster.

=> However, you guys/gals still didn't bother to remove the ethnic sterotype
    comment (which had been reported when it was posted) till I brought it up here again as example of few forums where the 21 century hasn't arrived...

P.S You guys/gals from your forum never send me any mesages, that I am welcome on your boards. (don't make up stories)
    The only PM was from Horsehead who said"
    "Please let us know if he pesters you anymore. Thank you for alerting us."

Anyway, that's all I have to say on this matter.....

EDIT:

I know about that post since Feb 24, 2010 , Reported it back in Feb, 2010 and it has nothing to do with inter4life bring it up as reminder.
    I guess you will never get IT !

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

Perhaps you should focus on the reading of posts.

For the umpteenth time- when you reported Monkee's post- it was addressed. For whatever reason his comments were not edited/deleted. as they were missed in responding to several posts in that thread. Sorry is all I can say. Dont try to pretend that they were deliberately left up there because "we dont give a hoot".

Yes you reported the Visitor Message- which goes out to every Mod. Not just when a member of one board attacks another. Horsey did a great job in responding and once again it was dealt with. As for you lack of memory of what happened- I cant help you there either.

I love how you convieniently fail to see that the only reason you saw the post again was the Inter4Life bumped the thread by trolling it. It utterly amazes me that you fail to address this point.

I will stick to fact and you can stick to ficition. As I have said several times, if you have an issue with something report it. If it doesnt not get picked up- report it again. If for whatever reason your reported post isnt dealt with then I think there are other avenues to pursue.

Quite frankly I am done repeating myself here. If anyone has any further questions I will gladly address them via pm. I think it is only fair that at least both sides of the story were expressed instead of one person incorrectly vilifying an entire board.

1 person likes this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    So the post is edited now and monkee has been warned. I assume this conversation is over then.

9. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    Who is it this time, Jesus or God?

10. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    This forum really isn't meant for mods to have a go at posters about their feedback. Posters should be able to voice concerns here without having eyes rolled at them, etc. If any mods take issue with something that's said here they can politely disagree once or send me a PM.

Thanks.

11. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Carlo won them the double, he's Italian. What a dipshit. lol

1 person likes this.
  12. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This guy is one of the better mods in my experience. Plus he uses Steve Martin's Penis Beauty Cream.

I love you man!

13. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I'd like to report "El Chompiras" for not giving a proper explanation for the closing down of the Nery Castillo thread on BSMX. Just because a thread is being trolled and the moderators don't have the guts to hand out infractions to said troll, it doesn't mean the thread should be closed. Otherwise, we have found a loophole to infractions, where we can get any thread closed down by posting random youtube videos, and come out consequence free. "El Chompiras," I do call you out.

15. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think El Chompis is gutless enough for his own thread.

He dicho. :p:D

16. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    lol :)

17. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    any servicing of the 'customer' today?

18. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    youve been served!

19. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    sidspaceman
    BigSoccer Moderator

[​IMG]

Club: America de Cali

[​IMG] You have received an infraction at BigSoccer
    Dear FNU,

You have received an infraction at BigSoccer.

Reason: Trolling - Severe
    -------
    Trolling - Severe

Please don't troll the Mexico forum.

Thank You
    -------

This infraction is worth 7 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20740242
    Quote:
    We gonna win! Wc is ours! England chupa!
    All the best,
    BigSoccer

I think this one would fall under Moderator Corruption, maybe Racism. Ridiculous mods.

20. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can I have these infractions reversed, I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not trolling.

21. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Jeez.FNU,you're way too excited for the World Cup,man.Calm down.....

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    :d[/quote]

All the best,
    BigSoccer[/QUOTE]

I would like my infractions removed this mod is bullying me for no reason.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honduras has a forum??? :eek:

;)

1 person likes this.
  24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    omg give cris 09 an infraction!! el_cuscatleco were are you?!
    :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  25. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Give this racist an infraction!

1 person likes this.