MNUFC Leagues Cup entry?

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by CrankyAvenger, Nov 19, 2019.

1. CrankyAvenger

CrankyAvenger Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Oct 24, 2019
    from https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-l...51/mls-liga-mx-tourney-to-have-16-teams-in-20:
    "The eight MLS clubs involved will be the top four from the 2019 MLS Eastern Conference regular season standings and the top four teams in the 2019 MLS Western Conference regular season that don't qualify for the 2020 CONCACAF Champions League (CCL)."

So - the Loons, by virtue of 4th place finish in the west, are in the Leagues Cup next season, correct? I haven't heard any announcement, and though I'm a season ticket holder, we don't have a schedule yet, but it would seem that some time this summer, we'll be in the Leagues Cup round of 16, yes?

Bluecat82 and Dead Fingers repped this.
  2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    For some reason, I was thinking this released recently...then looked at the date of the article. lol I assume so, but they may not mention anything until Liga MX's teams are known.

In Liga MX, the 2019 Apertura champion, 2020 Clausura champions, 2019-20 Copa MX champion and the five best-placed teams in the general standings over the Apertura and Clausura that aren't already qualified for the Leagues Cup will play the tournament.

CrankyAvenger repped this.