News: MMA Live - New show on ESPN2

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Bison1997, May 7, 2010.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So yeah, ESPN2 has a studio MMA show now, MMA Live. Nearing the end of the first ep right now.

Looks to be weekly - it's scheduled to air next Friday at 1 AM as well.

And also, they're doing a 1-hour pre-game show on Saturday at 9 as well as a 30-minute postgame show.

Wow, looks like ESPN is getting a bit more serious about covering MMA here.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Thanks for the heads up. The show usually is shown on epsn3 (formally known as ESPN360). I am hyped about this progress. :D

3. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Recored the post-fight show and I can't believe they showed highlights from all of the main-card fights.

4. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of thinking that their thought process is to sacrifice replay buys for the legitimacy of having their highlights on ESPN. Which is pretty cool.

5. American Arsenal

Jun 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights might help create replay buys if people see great action from the highlights.

But yes, it's great to have MMA Live on ESPN2. It used to be on espn.com, but it's just not the same as TV. Glad to see that MMA is finally on ESPN tv.

6. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even more good news - apparently the show is doing well in the ratings, so it's staying on the air at least through the end of August.

They do a really good job with the show - Florian and Rashad bring good analysis.

7. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I really think they should use some retired fighters to provide commentary. Having Rashad and Kenny, both Team Jackson fighters who are currently employed by Zuffa, brings a certain bias to the analysis. I mean honestly, how can they ever comment reasonably on a Kieth Jardine or GSP fight, for example?

8. djpower

djpower Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    I capped this promo in March when the program first started airing in Australia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRX6vEG0Shw"]YouTube- ESPN MMA Live Promo[/ame]