MLSNet GOTW, Herc Denied

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by lou czar, Sep 12, 2005.

1. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am getting tired of Herculez not getting the Goal O the Week nominations. Sure his first goal was deemed a fluke, which just happened to repeat itself. But please feel free to use this as a forum to discuss which of his goals was most impressive, therefore most overlooked.

2. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The quality of the goals sometimes doesn't even matter, it's usually based on player popularity, like Adu, he got nominated for a goal scored against RSL and it wasn't even that good.

EDIT: Lou Czar, couldn't find that thread on Herculez that you were looking for, it must be gone.

3. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah,

Thanks Sean,

So I just made this its own. My vote for greatest would have been his first, and I understood it would be viewed as a fluke. Saturday's first was ok, if you like that hitting the net on the way up type of thing. But last week's perfectly placed on against Chicago was a thing of beauty from my perch. Oh, he has scuffed it, er, perfectly placed into a low corner.

4. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that one against Fire last week didn't get trhe credit it deserved, it was a sweet finish.

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how long we have him for? Whats his contract status? I hope Douchbag doesnt decide to trade him in order to make some $. I sure hope he stays nad he needs a raise!

6. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Here's one:

Herc thread #1

Here's another:

Herc thread #2

7. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't we, the MLS fans, vote for gotw? We should blame ourselves but since he wasn't chosen in the first place, it goes to LD.

BTW, I wouldn't have voted for him either this week.

8. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always vote for our players several times, but Herc hasn't been up for nomination ever. It's always LD for us so I vote for him.

9. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    yea they're just hatin on him

10. GalaxyFutbolForever

GalaxyFutbolForever New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    Its happened way too many times before this season.

11. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was his first goal VS Chivas in july was worthy of some recognition, and also his cool finish against Fire. The goal against the metrosexuals was no fluke, it was probably the best.

12. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah,

Couldn't come up with Mighty Herculez, it was older than I thought. Was there another that just said we needed more threads about him? Anyway this one can stand on its own....

I would like to see a nomination. Some people check all the goals posted (Sean) and others just look at the nominated. And it is hard to believe that out of all of those goals, one wasn't among the tops of the week! I know that even the nominations are a popularity contest. But the legend of Herculez continues to grow. Someday, maybe even through the league website. Anybody got a player of the week vote? I mean he would win one of those, but he doesn't get to play against the crew this year.

13. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What can I say, I love goals :D