MLSLIVE.tv!!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by FuzzyForeigner, Apr 21, 2006.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    OK if you want full screen you need to do this:

1. Download and install Flip4Mac

2. In system preferences choose the Flip4Mac WMV icon. Make sure the options "Use Flip4Mac WMV Internet plug-in" and "Launch Quicktime Player" are checked.

3. Login and open the MLS Media Player. Quicktime will open up.

You could press play and the stream would play in Quicktime, however there is currently a Flip4Mac bug that doesn't allow the MLS streams to play full screen properly (everything islow and out of in sync). Instead:

4. In the Quicktime menubar select Window -> Show Movie Info.

5. Highlight the entire mms:// URL

6. Open up Windows Media Player for Mac and in the menubar select File -> Open URL, then paste in the URL. The stream will start and you can fullscreen it.

If you get access denied, repeat steps 3-6 faster :)

2. DPir1320

DPir1320 Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Spring, TX
    Got it working, thanks.

3. Brian Gockley

Brian Gockley Member

May 20, 2004
    Lewisburg PA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I adjusted the buffer and relaunched the link and it was fine. That happens sometimes.

Happier now. ;)

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    the audio feed is an extra $5? that's weak.

5. bradley31

bradley31 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    So why won't this work on Firefox? I just get the we have encountered a problem crap and booted when I try to watch the games live.

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Dunno about your Firefox but I use the Mac version. No problem

7. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    Does it take them awhile to load the games for On Demand viewing? I logged in for the first time to watch the RSL vs. Houston game at 11:30 PM, and the feed just never came up. Great start to the $20 I just spent :(

Also - this is a major issue for me - THEY LIST THE SCORES NEXT TO THE AUDIO LINKS FOR THE GAMES ON THE FEED SCREEN - if I log in an hour after the games to watch them, I immediately see the score. I guess that's a nice feature if you're watching everything live, but it would be nice to perhaps think of a way to change that once the matches are over.

8. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those who used the service tonight, was the quality any better then in the previous weeks when the service was free?

9. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Same quality for me (but I haven't had any problems the past few weeks, the feed has been continous, no buffering).

10. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No better, no worse. It was exactly the same for me. Only difference was that I had to log in.

11. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Same for me, and I used Firefox on Windows w/o any problem.

12. balatonsurfer

balatonsurfer BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    AWESOME!!! As a former season-ticket holder now working in Asia, MLS not accepting my Asian International MasterCard to pay this stupid $20 fee for their sh1tty internet feed, I will now officially have to stop being an MLS fan-not by choice. I am able to use my asian international credit card on any uefa and mufc sites--but not MLS.

What amateurs.

13. rpi-fan

rpi-fan New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Troy, NY
    Apparantly you can watch the video archive without buying a subscription. I'm watching last night's Dynamo game, right now.

14. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Email MLS about this. This has to change.

15. COMEONYOUREDS!

COMEONYOUREDS! New Member

Feb 4, 2001
    Really? They asked me to log-in. I went ahead and bought the service...not bad, other than knowing the final score before the game has started!

16. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Same here

17. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Boo hoo hoo

18. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I successfully pasted a link to highlights of a game into WMP. It is a Javascript link so after you paste it you have to know what parts to delete out of the link in order to get it to work. I haven't tried a live feed link, but I would think it would be similar.

19. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did you adjust the buffer? I am still having all sorts of issues with the archived games and highlights. The live feeds work flawlessly for me, but nothing else does.

20. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if that is the case it really pisses me off that I paid 20 bucks. I was under the impression that you wouldn't have access to archived games or highlights without paying. If I would have known it was free to watch those I wouldn't have paid. I would just watch the games not live.

21. rpi-fan

rpi-fan New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Troy, NY
    Right click in the video area, and there should be an options area. I don't know know which tab will be for the buffer settings, but click around a bit and you'll stumble right onto it.

22. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nevermind guys I found mlsnet.com Technical Troubleshooting FAQ page and it helped a lot. I still think it is odd that I was having no problems with the live streams but all kinds of problems with archived video. But now that I got the archived video issues fixed I will probably now start having problems with the live streams. That is how it normally goes.

23. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok so I'm still confused.

It looks like I can access everything*, and I didn't pay! I'm watching the RSL/Hou game. I didn't try to watch it live, I wonder if that would
    have worked?

I thought that the On-Demand stuff would be subscription only. Guess I was
    wrong. Certainly looked like that way from reading the web page.

Oh-well, this is now quite a deal! Get "a fraction" of the "entire" season for
    FREE! Sometimes it's good to be mislead!

Of course I'd be pissed if I was paying for something others were getting for free, but I'm not.

BTW, no buffer issues, and works fine with firefox.

*MLS definition of everything, which is really a fraction of everything

24. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    How bout we chill and give them a couple days to work out some problems?

25. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    We learned yesterday the archives weren't working properly when they called in about the service. A day or two and that will be fixed.