MLS - YouTube channel (+ Beckham YouTubes)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by capitalist, May 27, 2007.

1. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  2. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Re: MLS - YouTube channel

Actually, there is one set up (I typed in /MLS to see what comes up) http://www.youtube.com/MLS with no videos.

I think YouTube would be a great way to allow international soccer fans to get a chance to watch some MLS clips

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
  4. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004

I love your channel, but I fear that eventually YouTube may delete all your clips for copyright violation.

MLS clips would never be deleted as they own the rights.

climbingtheladder
    Last Login: 1 day ago
    Subscribers: 127
    Channel Views: 3,520

Wish you many many more years of successful YouTube "career". Keep up the good work.

5. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001

I don't think MLS is in a position to worry about that, and won't be for a long time. Besides, there's videos for other sports that haven't been deleted. One guy has pretty much every great Michael Jordan performance.

6. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

It'd be cool if some BS posters could YouTube some of the game highlights that are not on MLS's own site.

Last night's DCU-Dynamo game would be such an example.

7. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004

Have they suspended your YouTube account? Or did you just ban me? I can't view any of your compilations.

8. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005

there's videos on the MLS channel now. maybe they do look at the forums?

10. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't understand why the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals aren't up when the 2004 Western Conference Finals are.

11. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perhaps...They were all added yesterday(May 28)..If they dont (look) its wierd:eek:

12. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001

Everyone's familiar with Bigsoccer. That's why I make sure to bitch about certain things that need fixing, because you never know who's reading it. Why else would they have said they're reducing the number of PA announcements this year? :p

13. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005

obviously Guppy hasn't been paying much attention to the Chicago forum then....

14. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001

It now says on that page:

And they've added 17 videos in the past two days. While this is good, why the ******** weren't they doing this before? It never occurred to them to take advantage of Youtube and other similar sites? :confused:

15. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

jeez some people are never happy...:D

16. Bacchanal

Bacchanal New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    New York

Well, because they're a large organization with a unique problem when it comes to people showing their videos for free (for example, when you show all the highlights of teh week they get no additional page views or sales from advertisers), perhaps they had to work out some sort of deal before they put all the videos up there.

Not everyone's in it just for the joy of showing goals scored to a soundtrack of copyrighted music. Some people are trying to turn it into a business.

17. DevP

DevP New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    North Cambridge, MA
  18. rickinva

rickinva Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Fairfax, VA

YouTube and Major League Soccer Team Up for

Strategic Content and Advertising Partnership

MLS to Launch Dedicated YouTube Channel

SAN BRUNO, Calif. and NEW YORK (May 30, 2007) -- Major League Soccer (MLS), the premier professional soccer league in the United States, and YouTube, the leader in online video, today announced a strategic content and advertising partnership that will see MLS game and featured highlights uploaded on a dedicated channel, www.youtube.com/MLS.

The agreement will enable users to access video highlights of MLS regular season and playoff games, which will be available within 24 hours after the end of the original broadcast, in addition to other on and off the field footage and features.

“The worldwide exposure provided by YouTube provides a tremendous opportunity for Major League Soccer to extend our footprint in the new media landscape,” said Mark Abbott, president of Major League Soccer. “This is a platform that our fans requested, and we are excited to join forces with such an innovative company.”

“Soccer has one of the most loyal and passionate fan bases in the world and we are excited to work with MLS to provide fans on YouTube with compelling new content,” said Jordan Hoffner, head of premium content partnerships. "Today’s agreement is yet another example of how major sports leagues are embracing YouTube as a means for distribution.”

Through its relationship with YouTube, MLS will be able to take advantage of YouTube’s content management tools, which feature an advanced content identification architecture and reporting system that allows the League to identify and maximize its choices for how it deals with its copyrighted content. The League will have the option to remove the content from YouTube or allow it to remain and share the revenue from the advertising placed adjacent to the content.

MLS will provide the YouTube community and soccer fans in general, a wide range of free, short-form entertaining video clips. MLS also will have its own Brand Channel on YouTube at www.youtube.com/MLS that will allow fans to easily access content in one centralized place.

19. opal347

opal347 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2005
    Clinton Twp, MI
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How much ad revenue will this bring to MLS?

21. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005

Wow!

"said Mark Abbott, president of Major League Soccer. "This is a platform that our fans requested, and we are excited to join forces with such an innovative company."

Capitalist deserves a BigSoccer impact award, lol :)

I'm glad to see the new partnership with Utube.

22. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
  23. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here you go.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGUCRAqRmFA

You're welcome.

24. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

This is quote good for the MLS to be doing this.

Quite the opposite direction they are taking it compared to the EPL who was considering taking action against youtube for having videos of EPL highlights up there.

bravo MLS!

25. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY

It's about time! I hope to see that link stickied here somewhere. The more views, ratings, and comments those videos receive and the sooner (after they are uploaded) the better.