MLS Young Flavors of the Week '01-'06

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Patrick167, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    From Cam Harper, Leon Flach, Ian Hoffman, and others coming back from Europe to get playing time in MLS, to the large number of homegrowns that are being played, MLS is becoming a real breeding ground for USMNT talent. They have already developed and sold on Adams, Aaronson, and McKenzie; possibly Dike is next and Clark is already sold.

I think we are on the verge of a historic season of young, exciting, American talent on your TV in MLS!

https://chasingacup.com/who-has-the-most-exciting-kids/

I think it appropriate to have a thread to track these kids separate from older, less USMNT relevant MLS players.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  2. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Cade Cowell is like if Adrian Peterson decided to play Soccer instead of Football.

rlrcpa and DrunkOffPunch repped this.
  3. DrunkOffPunch

DrunkOffPunch Member

United States
    Jul 14, 2020
    Didn’t really know what he looked like so I searched him. My god. Dude looks like some Roman statue.

4. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    He looks advanced for his age. Until I see for sure otherwise, I will assume for now that he will play for Mexico. Makes it easier to be neutral about him.

5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 xbhaskarx, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Assuming you searched google and not his insta, you probably didn't see this
    [​IMG]
    Why the **** would you "assume" this?? Cowell couldn't be more Americanized, he's as Mexican and Pulisic is Croatian or Miazga is Polish or Yedlin is Lithuanian or whatever. Oh and Cowell has actually played for US youth national teams, and never once for Mexico at any level (nor has he ever expressed any desire to do so). People on this site are so friggin weird sometimes...

Edit: When I was writing this I didn't even notice that Cowell's insta profile pic in that screenshot is literally him wrapped in an American flag :laugh:

Patrick167 and gogorath repped this.
  6. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Look at Matias with the quintuple bicep.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FCD just signed their 31st homegrown signing. Beni has been at the FCD academy for a long time. He's a left winger that has represented both US and Bosnian youth teams.

8. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    I’m not really being serious about it. More of a useless dig at folks who get wrapped up in that stuff.

I’m serious about this, though: he doesn’t look 17.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  9. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See my quoted comment immediately below the pic... he was actually 16 at the time!

Reccossu repped this.
  10. Calling BS

Calling BS Member+

Orlando City
    United States
    Jan 25, 2020
    So he was correct

rlrcpa, xbhaskarx and Reccossu repped this.