MLS / US soccer players you know personally

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by tytomkiel, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Barca_Fan2003

Barca_Fan2003 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Slidell, LA
    My guess for Michael K. is Steve Jolley.

2. nocomment

nocomment New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    so cal
    i know a few....i've had dinner with brian mcbride and paul calaguri (i know i'm sorry), a friend of mine dated carlos bocanegra.and anyone who lives in so cal has met cobi. i've know landon for years and speak to him often...but he really doesn't count because i knew him before he was 'the golden boy'. i've also met some players in england through john hollands. but why does it really matter who knows who?

3. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    Wow! I rub shoulders with some cool people. It's a six-degrees of separation thing. Anyone want to hook me up with some of soccer's greatness? Little old loser me has a few autographs from ten second encounters. Does that count?

4. ILuvBeas

ILuvBeas New Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago

haahaa yup!!!

5. bigfoot984

bigfoot984 New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ya, i'm from fort wayne, indiana (the proud hometown of the beasley bros) so i've met both of them on several occassions and i've met their dad. plus last summer i worked at a summer camp with damarcus' girlfriend (dunno if its an ex now or what) hmmmmmm.......i think that is all unless phil presser of IU counts?

6. Nermalthecat

Nermalthecat Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I'm pretty certain I played on a regional select team with the Crew's Mike Clark.

7. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Revs Coach Steve Nicol used to occasionally coach at my practices when he was with the Boston Bulldogs.

8. DML99DML

DML99DML New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I had a public speaking class with Kevin Knight at JMU who used to play for the MetroStars.

9. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    Was he any good?

10. timmy409

timmy409 Red Card

Apr 3, 2002
    Georgia
    i know clint personally we go hunting alot

11. houstonmls

houstonmls Member

Aug 11, 1999
    Dallas
    Chris Gbandi, Sam Forko, Nelson Akwari and tons of college players.

12. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Mathis I assume?

Anyone know if Tim Howard likes to go hunting?

13. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Doubt it...he probably scares all the game away with his tics... :(

14. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    I've met Josh, DaMarcus, and Clint once. If you want to go really deep, my cousin's best friend's brother's best friend was Tim Howard in high school, i dont know if they still talk anymore. Tim's from North Brunswick and i'm from East Bruns. I'd LIKE to know Landon some day...maybe NOCOMMENT can hook me up? I've also met Tony Meola like in 94. I know someone whose uncle is the GK coach for KC Wizards.

15. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O.k.

When I was 10 I was on the same team playing left midfield (halfback in those days) behind Peter Woodring who played with the Revs in their 1996. He had a cap or two during his HSV days, although he didn't remember who I was when I went up to him after one of the games. He was a bit surprised to see someone who wasn't a teenage girl calling out his name, though, I think.

I graduated in the same college class with Mark Semioli (which I found out only through our reunion yearbook) and we both overlapped with Tiger Woods (two years behind us, IIRC), though I never met either of them that I recall.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Mr. Koch turned out to be Mark?

Of course, then he'd have to guess who I am, made harder by the fact that I didn't tury entry to the yearbook. ;)

Guinho

16. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    Have any of you ever heard of Heather O'Reilly? She's like this rising super soccer star and was chosen to play with the Women's National Team in this tournament in Portugal this year. Well, she goes to my high school. We're in Italian club together =) So, i sorta know her.

17. soccerberi22

soccerberi22 New Member

Sep 1, 2002
    I talk to Ian Feur's mother on the phone once in a while and I have met her son as well. She's a very nice lady.

The soccer coach from my High School who coaches the boys was an assistant coach for the US Men's National Team years ago.

I have met MLS players too when I have been at the RoseBowl.

~Bree

18. Beckhamcpt07

Beckhamcpt07 Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that nickname was dead. Kill it now!!!

19. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    Who is he now?

20. Metros20

Metros20 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    I went to a soccer camp and Radrigo Faria knew my soccer trainer so he and a few SCOUTS were there to help everyone out and see if there was anyone that they think might be good for the Metrostars. Pretty cool,Huh?

21. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)

To whom are you referring to? Tim Howard or his best friend?

22. soccer4life12

soccer4life12 New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    near Rochester, NY
    My assistant soccer coach is really good friends w/ Abby womback from the WUSA. but thats as close as i get to knowing one personally.

23. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    My friend, who's a goal keeper, once trained with Jon Busch. It's a six-degrees of separation thing.