MLS Television ratings

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Won_United, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's "Yobbogadaba," which is Swedish for "douche bag."

2. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Admittedly, the mls has lower quality broadcasts than the nfl, nba, etc. But this is one of the major reasons I love soccer! I dont need all of the fluff and BS and stats- I want running, kicking, throwing, etc. I dont want endless time-outs to create pseudo-drama. I can appreciate the mls. Is it the best league in the world?No. But it is watchable if you are a soccer fan. And with the return of Donovon, it is much more entertaining than without him. thanks Landon.

3. Red Star

Red Star Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Fayetteville, AR
    You ever hear of a guy named Francisco Franco?

4. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This year MLS has better looking kits (danke adidas). My theory: nicer jerseys = higher ratings. Call me crazy.

5. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Nah, but I remember this dude, Rasputin, who died about 6 times.

6. Yobbogadaba

Yobbogadaba BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe
    Seriously you honestly believe that USA is a good football country, no sorry.
    You say you are ranked the 10:th best in the world, its not because you are good its because FIFA wants the americans to like football so they can get more money.....You who honestly believe that you earned it the honest way are incredible naive.
    I know very much about football
    I have won alot of football quiz contests
    I know what im talking about
    USA is not so bad as I make them i think USA is about the 30-40th best.
    Tim Howard good? No, many big clubs have that problem (bad keepers)
    Ask yourself if Tim Howard is good enough to be the first choice in one of the worlds biggest clubs?
    My answer:No
    Arsenal and Liverpool are two other examples, Arsenal: Almunia and Lehmann
    Liverpool:Dudek and Carson (ok Carson has potential)

Fact:USA is on the way forward but nowadays they are overestimated

And one other thing you arent so powerful as you think especially in Basketball...............Argentina, Lithuania, Italia are better than you....

*I dont dislike USA its just facts :)

7. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

STF you are on a soccer forum there will be people on here who know more than you but most will not brag about it. You sound like a very sad "playa hata" :rolleyes: . I think the US has it easy with the quality of the teams in their confederation but a lot of teams duck and run and don't play friendlys against teams like England and Germany.

I'm English and while I in my heart truely belive England is better than the US but I at least respect them as an opponent. I can't wait until we play on their turf, and I may have to eat an entire humble pie by myself. The US legitimized themselves to me against Germany in the last world cup.

8. Yobbogadaba

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe

9. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Thank you very much for your kind words. You are a classy guy. I'm looking forward to seeing England play Team USA too. You have a terrific team with Owen, Rooney and Beckham and I wouldn't be surprised to see you folks lofting the Cup at the end of Germany '06.

10. Yobbogadaba

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe

Come on England is one of the worlds most overestimated teams....thay cant beat Sweden................no no.....i think they dont get far...who is going to carry the team? Beckham no to bad, Lampard he cant play without Makelele, Rooney come on..if he would have been lets say 28 and exactly the same he wouldnt have played with Man Utd.......no more like Fulham, Owen no he is rottening on the bench, Scholes retired from National team, then hmm who is going to do it for you????
    Steven Gerrard? never liked that kid, always injured
    You got one really high class player and he doesnt even play in National team anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,im talking about Alan Shearer.

11. soccermusician

Oct 20, 2004
    I think this yoggobadabe guy is reall beside himself himself. Your a dumb ass yoggodaba and i think everyone else here agrees with me!!! What has sweeden done lately that is so good. Have they been in the top 8 in a world cup? I think sweeden is a great team with no prizes just like spain. i sure hope the sweedish girls arent as dumb as you are!

12. Yobbogadaba

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe

Listen little man, Sweden is spelled with one "e" and another thing just because youre american it doesnt mean youre national team is good.
    Perhaps you think im partial and overestimate Sweden but, well lets see lost against Holland with penalties and became the happy surprise at E.C then, beated Bulgaria 5-0. But i got to say most of our players is overrated, i dont like ljungberg, Zlatan or not even Larsson, the swedish national team is based on the whole team.

Yes we have been top 8, a couple of times.

Most successfull time was 1958 when we got second behind Brazil

You know what in the semifinals we won against West Germany 3-1 when they (West Germany) was one of the best in the world.

But you know i dont like our national team either.

Scenario:

World Cup 2006: Group Stage Bahrein-USA 3-1 haha.

13. soccermusician

Oct 20, 2004
    That ws long time ago, i am talking about now menso!!! Plus you dont say beated!! What is your whole point out of all this you say?

14. Yobbogadaba

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe

Whole point?
    Listen USA is in a conspiracy with FIFA and therefore they are ranked 10th best.
    Its not by the progress in your football, its because FIFA want USA to like football and to get all your money. So simple is that.
    You cant honestly say you are one of the 10 best teams in the world?
    If you do, then you are truly an american idiot.

15. auggieted

auggieted New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    MLS is doing quite well considering how the NHL just died. After 10 years there is expansion and now with Chievas an attempt to bring in other soccer cultures.

As far as the US men's team being ranked 10th in the world, I believe that they will get qualified and , depending on the draw, have a good chance to make it out of the group. Eddie Johnson, Eddie Lewis, Landon, et al are still growing into a team and I hope they can by the WC.

16. Yobbogadaba

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe

Agree that you dont deserve top 10 in the world.

17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Actually this is our second round of expansion. The Fire came in after two seasons along with a team that is no longer with us.

18. auggieted

auggieted New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks Doc I had forgotten to mention that and also the fact MLS survived losing 2 teams.

Anyone know who's up next for expansion?

19. msenger

msenger New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Has anyone ever compared a Champions League telecast on ESPN compared to a MLS telecast? Even though it is the same network the two broadcasts are very different. Why is that?

20. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different announcers for one. Why I'm not sure, but they do. Second, the TV pictures for CL are produced for a worldwide audience, whereas MLS' telecasts are done by ESPN. Third, the announcers for MLS games are on-site, the CL announcers are calling the game from Bristol, CT.

What do you mean exactly?

21. soccermusician

Oct 20, 2004
    You know what else, soccer announcers for espn (rob Stone) are boring, but the CL announcers almost make rob sound like andres cantor!!!!!

22. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago
    more teams = more fans = more folks watching

23. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Swedish douche bag

First of all, you said US teams dont have a chance against top 5 european teams. So what?! If you want a real comparison, you will need to compare US to a SINGLE country. Not a continent.

If you want to talk continents, that is different.

Second of all...FIFA is run by french bastards who hate the US. Why in hell would they want the US to become more popular?

Third. SWEDEN SUCKS. You are just like all the hondurans I know who seem to think that Honduran soccer is the best of the best, because they beat Brazil. Once. Not any more, just once. A long time ago.

24. imitch

imitch Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Jacksonville FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Swedish douche bag

I agree I use to live in Honduras and the only good team they have is Olimpia and they play in El Estadio Nacional which is a piece of crap. Their national team has one good player whom they call Tyson even though he looks nothing like Mike Tyson.

As for Sweden who cares. They aren't an international player in sports, politics, economics or any other world events. Actually, they are okay at the Winter Olympics, but who really cares about the that. What has Swedish soocer do lately. Even your womens national team now sucks.

25. USA_2014

USA_2014 New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm enjoying reading Claudio Reyna's book More Than Goals. He talks about when he and his brother were young, and gives soccer tips, it's a good book if you're a Claudio Reyna fan.