MLS Teams in Libertadores? (r)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by El Guero Naco, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    con tantos millones de dolares en tranferencias, no pueden comprarse un marcador electronico mas elegante

ya esta muy pasado de moda!

2. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ZzZzZzZz.....

Los monos que saben de moda

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: El Mas Sabio de la Copa Sudamericana 2005 - Octavos de Finales [R]

Actually a los de River le dicen los Millonarios, learn your history...

he is in, isn't he?

4. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    y a ti quien te llamo, gallina peruana???

no seas metido!

5. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: El Mas Sabio de la Copa Sudamericana 2005 - Octavos de Finales [R]

I know that Dapip, but the club name is River Plate not, Millos

6. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Pellejo de Gallina

River, "U"

7. blackpanther11

blackpanther11 New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    boston
    go dc time to kick some south american ass and show what the mls is made of

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ese si no lo entendí :confused:

9. blackpanther11

blackpanther11 New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    boston
    ok yo no ablo spanyol

i'm saying mls is going to wipe the floor with these south americans teams and i will laugh when dc gets the job done i would put it in spanyol but i can't

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    what a sorry pitch!

that field should not be allowed by FIFA refs......

lucky tie by the argies/americans from DC

that kid Quaranta....is he slow and dumb? well, I only saw 20 minutes, and he was notoriuos for his constant mistakes

11. LNdan83

LNdan83 New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Rockville, Maryland

Look dude, Quaranta wasn't slow, he just couldnt find the right tough. That all.

12. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    after showing off the Metropolitano, I think we should just not criticize pitches!

13. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wait one minute? So the MlS club want to join the Copa Libertadores? What a joke.. If people think that AMERICAN companies are going to invest in Futbol especially in a tournament where 99% of the US soccer public don't even know where Ecuador is located than don't hold your breath. On top of that you have the Kraft family and Glazer family spending millions and millions of dollars trying to buy up English Prem club and do nothing to promote Futbol in the States?.. ABC, NBC or ESPN airing South american Futbol over Baseball, American Football, Hockey, and Basketball? Can anyone see NIKE coming in and dropping 10 million? In this world of Globalization anything is possible. Today, On these boards we have Red neck white boys from the US talking about South American clubs like they were sitting next to me back when my Grandfather took me to see Boca- Bor Mochengladback when I was 7 years old for the Copa Intercontinental. More Competitive? Give me a break. For us hard core Conmebolers.. I loved it when it was just the Champions and Vice-Champions playing..Pure class.. Now more clubs that would have never even made a Copa Lib (ie..Banfield) get a chance. Its ridiculous to come up with the "More Competitive" notion. Expect the Fat ass Conmebol president to give in and pony up boys at least for us argentine clubs.. Expect a fvcking disasterous 8+ hour plane ride, On top of that flying back and trying to keep competitive in our own league..

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Before going off at least get all the facts, Kraft has been a big part of development of the game in the US, he owns the New England Revs as well as the Pats in the NFL and was a major part of the 94 WC held in the US.

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Money is the name of the game, and while is still a looooooong way, common don't you think that TV networks and sport goods companies would loooooove to have major american audiences tunning on to see another league, creating more advertising opportunities therefore more revenue?

Glazer and Co., invest in european teams for the same reason Real and Barcelona tour Asia... Because there is money in there....

And expect Grondona and Leoz and company to add more teams and more tournaments as long as Nissan, Toyota, Kia or Frito-lay offer them money... Hey I heard that they want the Juneau (AK) Juggernauts to play in next Sudamericana because there's good money to be digged out of Yukon....

And while I agree that way too many teams (specially from Argentina and Brazil) are playing in Libertadores and Sudamericana, think about the opportunities, specially for small clubs to earn some money and promote and sell some players.... Think Cinderellas Once and Cienciano... It doesn't have to be Boca all the time.... Spread the fortunes a little, that's the most positive thing of this ultra-materialistic era...

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the ball will bounce and sand will move all over.....but it looked green

that was near the PITCHER'S MOUNT...... not to mention 2nd and 3rd base.

One think is weather another is a plain bad planning effort! In DC they knew for months about that game....how many went to see Universida C?

17. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    bad planning for el Metropolitano was well...or is Baranquilla normally a cool dry place:rolleyes:

18. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    el concierto de Carlos Vives parece q estuvo bueno en el metropolitano

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    funniest thing you've ever said . LOL.

20. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I agree with you in that the money issue takes a lot of relevance when dealing with teams from CONCACAF, and looking at how the Copa Sudamericana matches were set up, there's NO DOUBT Don Leoz and company wants these CONCACAF teams to get as far in the tournament as they can. The fact that they start competing in the round of 16 is ridiculous... even discriminatory against all the countries that only bring one team to that same round (and countries like Mexico have the luxury of having 2 teams!).

However, I think a little competition isn't going to hurt us. The Mexican league is good, no doubt, and competitive teams only make your tournaments better. Although is questionable how competitve a team like DC United can be (the MLS still has a long way to go, although is headed in the right direction) I like the level of teams like Saprissa, that actually have more of a South American flavor and play good futbol. With these teams, all we have to do is prove ourselves better on the field because that is ultimately what's going to matter.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    y todos los domingos se juega in a better 'pitch'

before the game vs peruchos y ecuas...there was tropical storm making their way to florida.......hard to plan and mantain a pitch under those circumstances.

cum and get it! :eek:

22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    did anybody see the UEFA game for Galatasaray?
    now that was a swimming pool, they tried sweeping the puddles with a big squeege on a tractor, but two hurricanes dump a lot of water.

23. megsoc

megsoc Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Arizona
    Earlier in this thread the acronym SSS was mentioned alot. What's it mean? Something about stadium size(?).

24. megsoc

megsoc Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Arizona
    Pibe#10- how do you get to watch the Galatasaray games?

25. Stupid_American

Stupid_American Member+

Jan 8, 2003
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is an acronym for Soccer Specific Stadium. It essentially means a stadium that might have auxillary uses (concerts, high school football, etc.), but is primarily built and operated by the soccer club. Examples are Columbus Crew Stadium, the Home Depot Center, and Pizza Hut Park. Chicago's is coming next year, Colorado and the Metros get theirs in 2007.

Generally speaking, they seat between 20,000 and 30,000.