MLS should ban PA music and sound effects

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by wufc, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Tobas

Tobas Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Littleton, MA
    At least Craig Tornberg(sp?) when talking to the midnight riders a few weeks ago, said that they turned down the PA volume. He said that the riders could be better heard around the statdium. Hopefully, if they did turn it down, it will stay down. One of the nice things about sitting with the riders is that we are making enough noise on our own that I do not even hear the PA during the run of play.

2. kjo199

kjo199 Member

Mar 29, 2005
    NYC

I remember that stuff too at Metro games. Like, after goals they would play these movie clips that were pretty funny. Some music, to get the crowd cheering is fine. At Metro games you never see anything on the scoreboard anymore telling the crowd to chant "Lets go metro" or "Charge" or anything like that that they used to do. I mean even at baseball games and basketball games the crowd needs to be told to cheer if nothing exciting is going on. But too much stuff is annoying. I remember going to a couple of New York Power games of the WUSA and they would constantly be playing 5-10 second clips of hit songs every time play was stopped or even while the game was going on at times. That was a little too much.

3. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    YES... Let the freakin games breathe a bit. If it's quiet then so be it, but enough with all the contrived nonsense. I am suprised some of you guys like this extra stuff. It leaves a very amateurish flavor behind.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PA music sometimes is a little too cliche. You hear the same damn songs for every sport in this country. The only sound effects I wanna hear is people beating the Hell out of drums and fans singing.

5. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    By sometimes I am pretty sure you mean always, right :)

6. russ bolshevik

russ bolshevik Red Card

Sep 30, 2004
    midnight in moscow
    The single worst thing you can do to a fan. Horrible. I won't pay $ to be exploited by that crap.