MLS Playoffs

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Ok, MLSNet's playoff schedule says that every playoff game except the ESPN2s and SJ-KC game 2 are being televised on FSW. Can anyone verify this, because LA-Colorado game 1 on Friday isn't being shown on my advance guide for Adelphia Digital Cable.

2. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    All three games will be on FSW according to their website. I am sure your advance guide will be updated before Friday...

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If DC hadn't beaten the Metros, then Metros at DC would've been this weekend's espn2 game, leaving KC@SJ out in the cold with SJ@KC.

Looks like we're going to get the DirectKick-only ENG feed for the SJ@KC game - if we're lucky.

4. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    i doubt even an ENG feed to be honest. Have they showed ENG feeds in the past? I thought those were more just handheld camera highlight only stuff that was pieced together later. I could be mistaken.

If those were shown before did they have commentary?

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    They've done the ENG broadcasts before. Actually they tend not to be too bad. All games are recorded with real cameras. These aren't mom-and-pop cameras, but the same ones that are used for broadcasts.

They did one from Columbus where they put Chris Doran's radio feed over the broadcast.

6. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    ah ok. they never even bothered to air the rapids ENG only matches.

Being an Ex-Rapids fan I remember a couple games last year being ENG only and they were not aired even on direct kick. and the highlights they showed were only from one angle, and it was a handheld camera on the sidelines.

That was actually part of the reason why I am an ex-rapids fan. Kroenke changed the team where it didn't need to be changed (tv coverage, promotion, game presentation, cheerleaders, music playing during the game) and didn't change things that needed to be changed (hankinson. sure, they made the playoffs. so what. he still needs to be replaced by someone that knows how to coach correctly. too many highly paid SIs on the bench gave way to carrieri being cut. carrieri may have not had a lot of goals but he was the team's assist leader. offense severely suffered after his departure. also why didn;t casey schmidt play more? 18 goals in preseason and then he was only given like 40 minutes for the entire regular season! he retired because he didn't see a future in soccer. thanks for that tim hankinson)

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I believe the only ENGs I've ever seen on the Shootout/Direct Kick were playoff games.