MLS Playoffs

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCU9ted, Aug 29, 2002.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Seeing that DC United will likely not qualify for the playoffs this year...Are you guys gonna follow the MLS Playoffs or wait until next season?

2. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Yes!!! Maybe the Quakes can win it again. I hope Landon can hoist that trophy once more!!

:D

3. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OMG! Maybe he'll like score a bunch of goals and take off his shirt a lot. That would be kewl.

;)

4. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    If he does I'm running straight out from my FRONT ROW seat (if it's been replaced), and tackling him!!! NOONE can stop me from LANDON.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm rooting hard for Rochester. GO RHINOS!! and a OH.....uh....nevermind :rolleyes:

6. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Looks like the Revs are making a late run for a spot.

7. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playoffs.....playoffs, how can you talk about playoffs???????

(He says mocking Jim Mora) ;)

8. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite NFL coach.

9. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    "We haven't done diddily-poo!"

"We sucked!"

"PLAYOFFS!!?? I just hoping we win another GAME!"

Jim Mora rules.

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Insert Ray Hudson's name here:

11. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blamphemy!!!! Traitor :D

TS.

12. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    That's right!! I have joined forces with SOCCERBARBIE and every El Salvadoran National in the Metro area to become the anti-DC entity on these boards. I will only come to games to boo United. I will only throw my donuts at Nick Rimando. Programs will be hurled at Ray Hudson.

;)

13. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Oh but don't worry, seats will be removed from the stadium on an 'as needed' basis, just as before.

14. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just watchout for the Gatorade coming back at you. ;)

15. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Follow the playofss and hopefully see the Fire wipe the smiles off the ugly mugs of LA and Dallas.

As much as I dislike LA from a DC fan POV, I *loathe* them from a Fire fan POV.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'll watch the playoffs.

First, I'd like to see the MetroStars broken and humiliated.

Second, I'd like to see Los Angeles beaten so badly that Mango and Cobi cry.

Third, I'd like to see Columbus die a pitiless death just so I can witness the Crewligans whine.

Fourth, I'd like to see Kansas ... nevermind that. I hate seeing Kansas play at all because they're so friggin' boring. So I'd just like to see them eliminated to be spared the misery of watching them.

Fifth, I'd like to see Dallas go scoreless in the playoffs just to shut up the "Kreis for the nats" folks.

Sixth, I'd like to see Colorado go down in flames because Chris "God's gift to soccer" Carrieri is a jackass. And so is El "I'm old and can't run anymore" Pibe.

Seventh, I'd like to see Chicago fall to bitter defeat. They beat us in the MLS Cup a few years back and for that I will never forgive them. And "All-Star" Dema is a hack to boot.

Eighth, I'd like to see New England die a miserable death because I was thinking last night that Taylor Twellman by himself might actually score as many goals this season as all of DC United put together. And for that I hate him. And seeing Dauoda "how shall I screw thee Ray Hudson" Kante play for them - and play quite well - pisses me off to no end. Die, Revolution! Die!

Ninth, I'd like to see San Jose trounced. They're really good and I'm a jealous bastard. I would enjoy watching the mighty fall.

So ...

Here's what it all comes down to. I'm going to watch the playoffs in the hope that everyone loses and nobody wins the MLS Cup.

:)

17. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm an equal opportunity hater. I hate them all equally.

18. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I can relate to your dislike of every team except DC United. In fact, I'm hopeful that every "playoff game," if they did in fact exist, would end in a 6-6 own goal fest with at least 1 red card for each team and 11 yellow cards to boot. Other than that I cannot fathom getting any enjoyment out of watching the post-season play... :(

I will single out Petke, Ramos, Mathis, Ruiz, Diallo, and Cobi for special mention and hope they are given special attention by the referees and are actually punished for all their mis-deeds on the pitch! I hate them all with great hating!

19. SoccerEsq

SoccerEsq Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Maryland SoccerPlexish
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8 teams will make the playoffs. Over half of them currently don't have winning records.

I'll have trouble enough taking MLS playoffs seriously even if by some miracle DC makes it.